Reputation Points - Discussion

• Thread starter G.T
  • 690 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like some kind of badge.

Welcome to THE CLUB Wolfe2x7 👍.

blue_sharky39
I went to 24 rep, then got no more at all.

Shouldn't I have 25 though (+1 point for 1,000 posts)?
I have been repped only once, and that was only because someone was handing out rep in the convo forum. Now thats a sad thing to think about considering I try my best to post quality posts.

From my experiences, it seem very hard to get the badge, props goes to those who do, great job.:bowdown:

I was wondering what was the quality post until I found this thread.

One thing I know for sure. I'm really far from it my 2nd language english don't help much.

Aw, you've all got new avatars without me. First off, congratulations Wolfe! Secondly, Mr Deap you're not that far, Ive seen some good posts from you. Third, I am glad to be back, and Im so touched that you were all discussing me and most of you were on my side. Well, I didnt really deserve that, because Ive been pretty bad at posting. I hope I can do better!
Anyways, any news on the checking rep points from the User Control Panel issue? That would be a really good feature, now I have to go search for good posts to check.

Mr Deap
One thing I know for sure. I'm really far from it my 2nd language english don't help much.
Of course, using a second language makes it more difficult, but it should not prevent you. We hope posts will be judged on the quality of the information given, not just the wording.

Duke
Of course, using a second language makes it more difficult, but it should not prevent you. We hope posts will be judged on the quality of the information given, not just the wording.
Most definitely. It's the content that's most important. To many members here, English is a second language, and to me personally,that is the cool thing about this website. I enjoy reading opinions of people from all over the world.

Duke
Of course, using a second language makes it more difficult, but it should not prevent you.

Indeed 👍 My first language isn't English... or it is. I learned English before Spanish, but I use Spanish more in my daily life. But either way, I got the badge :)

Rogue Ssv
Aw, you've all got new avatars without me. First off, congratulations Wolfe! Secondly, Mr Deap you're not that far, Ive seen some good posts from you. Third, I am glad to be back, and Im so touched that you were all discussing me and most of you were on my side. Well, I didnt really deserve that, because Ive been pretty bad at posting. I hope I can do better!
Anyways, any news on the checking rep points from the User Control Panel issue? That would be a really good feature, now I have to go search for good posts to check.

Nice to see ya back.

Just curious, how many rep points do you have? I've got eleven.

I don't think we need to know how many anyone else has, it's not a competition and it doesn't matter. Regardless of your intentions in asking, be it simply out of curiosity, comparisons will be made and it can easilly turn into a competition even if you never see it like that, you can't count for toher members. We can't see how many points everyone else has for a reason ;).

live4speed
I don't think we need to know how many anyone else has, it's not a competition and it doesn't matter. Regardless of your intentions in asking, be it simply out of curiosity, comparisons will be made and it can easilly turn into a competition even if you never see it like that, you can't count for toher members. We can't see how many points everyone else has for a reason ;).

Oh, I see that there mate. :dunce:

HACKr
Nice to see ya back.

Just curious, how many rep points do you have? I've got eleven.

Good to see me back? Didnt get the impression you knew who I am. Anyway, thanks a lot:). Good to be back :D Due to my 3 or 4 really good posts (although its actually due to one of them, the other 3 had no one with rep points available around to give, though they mentioned it and apologized), Ive got 21 points, as far as I know so far:sly:.
PS nice new avatar.
Oh what?! Someone minus repped me, now Ive got 15! :irked:
Hmm which one of my numerous bad posts got that to happen? And who? :boggled:

i think 'quality posts' is useless, aside from looking fancy.

read the post, if it doesn't fit under your description of quality, gloss over it, shake your head, snort a bit and move on, no harm done.

I think it;s a good thing that in theory can encourage actual quality posting. In practice it can also be abused, but the moderators so far have done a good job of olimiting that, even if I have seen cases where I think it should be done, like openly offering rep points in a post or thread title to anyone who can help you, I don't think that's proper use of the rep system.

live4speed
like openly offering rep points in a post or thread title to anyone who can help you, I don't think that's proper use of the rep system.

That's seriously weak and worthy of a report in my book. Or at least a PM to a moderator.

Isnt that bribery? Well yes rep points DO have a point as LFS said, and I use them once in a while.
PS--Hi Swift. Am I doing any better than before?

Rogue Ssv
PS--Hi Swift. Am I doing any better than before?

So far so good. 👍 But let's keep it on topic :)

Yay.
Well, I saw the 'openly offering points...' thing, and in that case it seemed okay. I mean, if someone has a good idea and helps you, they should deserve something. But if its something like 'oh, Ill give you rep points if you tell me where to get photoshop' or 'Ill give you if you figure out how to...
hmm actually.... I guess its not ok, not at all.

Hey I now have 23 rep points, 2 more than I had befor I got negative rep! Yay! only 277 more to go!

I don't think there's any difference to offering rep points for asking where to get photoshop or how to do this? etc. Same thing.

Just out of curiousity, but when we give rep points to posts, do the mods review it before they apply the action, or does it go straight into the rep counter?

Rogue Ssv
Straight in I believe, but mods keep their eyes open to look for irregularities.
It goes straight in. And even though the mods look out for irregularities, there's nothing they can do to change it, other than resetting the users rep to 0, or to give out negative rep to balance it out. :indiff: Not that I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back