Reputation Points - Discussion

• Thread starter G.T
  • 690 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogue Ssv
I want the shiny badge...unfortunately something tells me Im gonna be banned before I can get it...

Well, if you consistently make good quality posts and don't run into trouble there's no reason why you shouldn't get the badge. Why do you feel you'll get banned?

Why Rogue? I got in a humongo argument with Famine when I was fresh here and I still didn't get banned! I do owe him a lot for not clicking on the "ban user" button and giving me a second chance.

GT4_Rule
Why Rogue? I got in a humongo argument with Famine when I was fresh here and I still didn't get banned! I do owe him a lot for not clicking on the "ban user" button and giving me a second chance.

You won't get banned for arguing or having a differing opinion of someone. But, you may for, say, digging up year-old threads, going off topic or spamming needlessly.

Oh no, I was putting Famine down, if you call it that way. I was no better than some people who were banned, at least then. Now I know how to restrain myself :)

oh, oops... i just dug up a year old thread, and I frequently go off topic :guilty: oh no Im gonna get banned :scared::(
On topic Ive got 21 rep points, only 279 to go!

So somehow you have more points than me....14 right now. Someone minus repped me for a joke, took away 16 points. Damn.

You still have a lot to learn before you can get that badge Rogue Ssv. ;)

You aren't going to get banned for digging up an old thread by mistake. If you added a meaningful comment, you probably would have been better off. Still, personally, you should still be taking Famine's advice in the "Israel, who really owns it? " thread here, but it's your call. I just feel you need to calm down a little bit, as you were going in the wrong direction in this thread as it was waaaay off topic, hense why it was locked. Just think a little more, and you can stick on topic. If you really want to chat to someone instead of going off topic, use the PM system here at GTP, use MSN Messenger or another Instant Messenger.

Hope this helps. Think about all of this and you might just get repuatation for your posts.

all in all, it's consistently posting thought out comments... me thinks.

And avoiding slow chatting. Avoiding the use of chat speak (u r a nub). In general, being above the level of the people who usually get banned/warned.

But to tell you the truth, it's not that much different having the badge and not having it. Well, except for that special subforum we're allowed into now... whooops... there I said it.

Rogue Ssv
I want the shiny badge...unfortunately something tells me Im gonna be banned before I can get it...

Well you were right,

Banned User Log
Rogue Ssv - 14th May 2006 - Temporary ban for overall extreme poor quality posting. Consider this an enforced short holiday from GTPlanet, and take the break to re-evaluate your posting style and what it is you actually contribute to the site.

Just temporary, hopefully he will improve when he returns.

Diego440
all in all, it's consistently posting thought out comments... me thinks.

And avoiding slow chatting. Avoiding the use of chat speak (u r a nub). In general, being above the level of the people who usually get banned/warned.

But to tell you the truth, it's not that much different having the badge and not having it. Well, except for that special subforum we're allowed into now... whooops... there I said it.
Hmm... intresting.

Anyway, congratumalations Swift!

VIPERGTSR01
Wow, I didn't realise.

Same here. Hopefully he'll imporove when he gets back. 👍

VIPERGTSR01
Well you were right,

It pained me to do it. I get the feeling he wants to contribute, but for some reason he can't do it for more than a day without being warned again. On the other hand, he was voted for a ban - he's had an awful lot of chances, and "advice" from both staff and members alike - and I made it only a temporary one because I'm a big old softy at heart.

I do hope that when he returns he's thoughtful Rogue and not "I dredged up a year old thread to post rubbish in it because I thought no-one would notice" Rogue. Banning people really doesn't give us any pleasure (banning 'bots does though, obviously) and upon his return he'll be most certainly in last-chance saloon. It'll take an awful lot for him to get that green badge.

However, this is now steering us off course, and I won't be posting regarding this matter again. Back to the greens, please!

It's quite surprising how many people are getting the badges now. I'm not disputing that some people shouldn't have them, but i reckon about 50% of GTP will have them soon :P

Jon.
It's quite surprising how many people are getting the badges now. I'm not disputing that some people shouldn't have them, but i reckon about 50% of GTP will have them soon :P

It's only normal. People like Famine got it almost instantly because of good quality posting since before the badges were implemented. Small_Fyz and maybe danoff also got it more or less quickly because they're quite mature in their comments, opr because of one or another boost coming from a very thought out thread.

And in general, people are giving a point here and a point there, which would make people like myself, Yssman, Specialized and Smallhorses to boost up. As soon as more people have the badge, even more will have it in return, or at least the chance to get it.

Plus, I think the more points you have, the more likely you are to give points away.

Jon.
That'd be 35000+ members then, with the badge. I doubt it :sly:. They might up the ante for badge requirements though if too many people start to get it, it no longer becomes a thing to actually define who's above a certain quality.

Well, you know what i mean ;)

Half of gtp's faces that are actually recognised, not just people who post the occasional gt4 question.

Rouge ; the Quality Post badge isn't a big thing anyway. It only shows that you write ''worth-reading'' stuff in your posts. You need to deserve it by writing 'quality' posts, and not slow-chatting like you do. That might increase your chances..but again, maybe not. If I'd get one, I would laugh my ass off. I've never made a 'quality' post, well, maybe 1 or 2 but not more :lol:

Why is he still on the 'Currently Active Members List' then? Is he only allowed to see but not post?
efe20qm.jpg

efe3pp.jpg

^Cropped because of my LCD's resolution.

A normal ban (like the one he has) lets you view the site, but you can't post. Only the IP bans block off access to the site, so you can't post or view GTP.

You know, it's not his fault that he is new and that he isn't as smooth with forumrules as we are. It's still difficult for him, and any new person, to judge what is allowed and what not. I know forums that have the exact same Terms of Agreement like GTP does, though those other forums are being spammed all the time.

I just don't get the "I might get banned because I go off-topic too much:guilty:" posts either though:odd:

Ok, so they have the TOS and allow spam. But do they have serious and decent conversations, keep ON-topic, and talk like a person should?

That's the difference between GTP and others. We may share the same rules, but we actually try to keep things neat and tidy, and try to keep a thread on-topic, on its subject, and not what you think about some guy's avatar, signature, or views on something non-related.

Huh. I just discovered I have 45 rep points (higher than I could've guessed I had). Is there a way to know which individual posts have gained/lost points for one's total?

Only by clicking the tick on a post of yours you suspect is one that's recieved rep and then it will tell you if it has been iven rep or not.

Yeah, I don't think Rouge should've been banned. I mean, I kind of egged him on a bit. But this post of mine is terrible and it wasn't even deleted. I may have lost a few rep points though.
(About the 'Egg CCX)

HACKr
Hmm...
But can it keep up with... THIS?????
bunchies_clear1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back