Reputation Points - Discussion

• Thread starter G.T
  • 690 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It says in the description that you have to give points to nine other persons before you can give them to someone again. So only one vote of ten can go for a single poster.

THE ED3
but there is no way of knowing about it.

Yes there is. AND you're asked to give a reason when you rate a post too.

So lets get 11 people together and we each give one another a point. That'd be one way to rack it up.

As for a reason, I'm sure those arent hard to think up...

Jordan, you really need to read the convo thread. Poeple are talking about giving out points just because they like people and taking them away just because they want to or they dont like someone.

And, as it says in the FAQ, that won't be tolerated and will result in bannination.

I can't think of any reason other than something being REALLY good or REALLY bad to rate a post. If the moderation team look through the recommended posts and see a slew of votes for nondescript posts, the voters will find themselves on a warning.

THE ED3
Jordan, you really need to read the convo thread. Poeple are talking about giving out points just because they like people and taking them away just because they want to or they dont like someone.
Where? I never saw this...

Famine
You can see your own (My GTPlanet, Edit Options) and you can see who has more than 300, but that's it.

it doesnt show it there.

you have to click on the red check at the top right corner of the post. it will say if that post has any points and how many you have.

THE ED3
it doesnt show it there.

you have to click on the red check at the top right corner of the post. it will say if that post has any points and how many you have.
Doesn't show it for me either, and i checked all the sections of my control panel, and again just now to make sure, and its not there.

PERFECT BALANCE
Doesn't show it for me either, and i checked all the sections of my control panel, and again just now to make sure, and its not there.

Sure? I just click "My GTPlanet" and "Edit My Options" and it's there, with a checkbox saying I can display it if I wish (presumably just the badge, should I ever get one).

Attachments

• f3hreputationpoints.jpg
    f3hreputationpoints.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 119
It doesn't matter all that much, we are all here to enjoy GTP. It's not incentive, just a reward for giving good/exceptional information,tips,settings.... and so on,(I'm not expecting anything from it,as it shouldn't affect my daily GTP)I'll try my best to give others information which I would expect.

Famine
Sure? I just click "My GTPlanet" and "Edit My Options" and it's there, with a checkbox saying I can display it if I wish (presumably just the badge, should I ever get one).
I don't have that in mine anywhere. Maybe it's because I'm a peasant (non-premium)?

Or maybe GTPlanet just has very good predictive AI and has taken the liberty of removing any potential 'badge' option, knowing I'll never get one... the option sitting there would just make me sad needlessly! :lol:

I try :D

I use Verdana as my stock font too.

...or you can click the little red check on one of your posts to see how many you have.

And from the top:
Jordan
Users with the "Quality Posts" denotation have been labeled as such by the GTPlanet community. These users have more than 300 "reputation" points.

Reputation points are given by clicking on the red check mark next to the "Post #" of any given post. A "Good" rating for a post gives the user 10 reputation points, and a "Bad" rating for a post subtracts 10. You must have at least 100 posts to rate others, and you must rate at least 10 other user's posts before you can rate the same person again. You are also limited to 10 votes, or ratings, per day.

This system is designed to only reward the highest quality posters with the badge. Any abuse of the system could result in individual banishment or removal of the reputation system entirely.

THE ED3; you may want to read the middle paragraph.

Lol you (Famine)posted while I was posting(had to walk away for a few minutes midway through) that is pretty funny:lol: (picutre).

[Point whore]

If you like it, rate it!

[/Point whore]

:lol:

This is the start of something evil I think!

Edit:god this is pissing me off a bit(used to GTP7) so forgeting that editing doesn't go to another page anymore so ended up making 3 useless posts)I sense my points shrinking already:indiff:

maybe its a difference between premium and non premium or regular and lite because I just checked again and there is no point total where you say it is.

Very funny pic - only just noticed... Hehe.

Famine would probably only need to prostitute his 'post'erior 10 times and he'll get the badge... but I don't think he really needs to fast track it... nice to find out how far he can stretch the rules anyway...

I just looked really close at that pic to. It would have been funny the first time if only you could read it without getting an inch from the screen...

Are you able to see the comments people have made?

Jordan
I want ahead and gave it to all administrators, as they have already exceeded my qualifications for "Quality Posts". I would give the badge to all the moderators, too, but there was too many of them last night. They are free to edit their own profiles and give themselves 300 reputation points - me granting them their position is enough qualification.

Very tempting. :mischievous: :lol:

Also, thanks for answering those questions... I was looking for some of the answers to those questions and didn't find them until I went to give Daan reputation points and noticed that he had posted in this thread (which lead me here and gave me the answers I wanted).

In any case,
Great work with the new stuff.

Very, very nice design.

Plus, I love the fact that I can use the normal "skin" without the strain of the old "normal" skin... I've gone from GTP Lite to "Default" and barely noticed it. :dopey:

Thanks again big J. :bowdown:
Job well done. :cheers:

btw, my reputation sucks. :(
I'll live with it though. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back