Ricmotech Sim-Racing Equipment

• Thread starter Ricmotech
  • 127 comments
Can anyone give me a rough estimate of how heavy a Ricmotech stand would be with the added mount for a shifter? Otherwise just basic setup.

I currently have to move my rig from a corner of my room to in front of my TV when I'm racing and put it back when I'm not. It's not that heavy right now but I want something more professional looking and I enjoy DIY projects. Do you think if I put furniture strips underneath the stand it will be easy to slide around on a hardwood floor?

I just ordered the Logitech pedals to TM wheel adaptor. (G25 -> T-GT). Works fine, but sometimes the throttle input would flicker on/off and stay at half travel on the straights, even if the throttle pedal is fully pressed. Never had this happen before with vanilla Logitech setup (in fact, it was my brake pedal that would flicker - but I cleaned the pots and it's ok now). Tried cleaning the throttle pots, tried reconnecting the adaptor and even cleaning the connector holes - no improvement. Is there anything else I should try before sending this back as a defective product?

Best to determine what is faulty. The pots won't last forever, they will wear out eventually. Try swapping over the pots clutch and throttle. If problem clears then you need a new pot and if it is still there send back the adapter.

Hmm I just tried in a second session and it's gone now. Weird.

It's a bit of a joke how such an old and cheaper product is still better than TM's top of the line wheel. Brake feel is so much better with my G25 pedals (even has a slightly exponential resistance now that I've compared back to back). The only good part about TM pedals is they don't make a "clack" sound when fully depressed quickly.

Is there successful experience using Ricmotech sim rigs with Fanatec products?
Photo pictures on Ricmotech website are mostly with Thrustmaster gear.
And so far I was not able to find good detailed third party reviews.

Does anyone have experience with the Ricmotech Hard Mount Adapter for T150/Tmx Wheels. I‘m about to order one. I‘m using a Playsest Challenge and sometimes it happens that the Clamp, especially on the left side loosens a bit and my T150 Wheel Base slides a bit towards me. It happens rarely though I find it a bit distracting.
Is it worth buying it and how is the rigidity when attached to the Playseat. Hopefully someone can answer my Questions.

Is there successful experience using Ricmotech sim rigs with Fanatec products?
Photo pictures on Ricmotech website are mostly with Thrustmaster gear.
And so far I was not able to find good detailed third party reviews.

Just wanted to follow up on my own question.

I have bought Ricmotech APX1000 and I put it together with Fanatec wheel and pedals.

I am happy about Ricmotech APX1000. It is well designed and manufactured. And it is appropriate for this application.

Additionally I want to express appreciation to Frank for answering my questions.
@Ricmotech

I ordered the load cell mod for the T3PA-PRO and received it in Canada in 24 hours :eek:.

Took about an hour and a half to install. No extra tools required. Instructions for the installation could be improved a little. Some of the diagrams are really clear as to wire management but it worked out.

Huge difference compared to the stock and aftermarket conical brake mods. I'm impressed. Not a lot of energy required although it will be more than stock and that's a good thing. 50% effort = 50% braking, 75 = 75%. Really like it. Does what I hoped and don't think it will be a huge learning curve to improve on lap times.

Expensive as far as an upgrade but it's what I was looking for.

Update: after a couple of days I'm almost used to it. The only problem is that on occasion I'm still just tapping on the brake thinking I'm doing something but haven't really applied any pressure, so a little thinking is still being required. One more week and think my leg will be have adapted. Lap times have improved. Im modulating the brake pressure in ways I couldn't before. I can hit the apex easier now, IE turn 2 at Suzuka where I struggled before. Very amazing upgrade in my opinion. Worth the investment if you need to stay with T3PA-PRO pedals.

Last edited:
hi.been using my ricmotech loadcell in my t500rs for about 3 month now.the problem that i see ,is the pressure plate that always bending.now for many use is about 4mm bend in the center of the plate.am afraid the the pressure plate will touch the buttom plate of the t500rs then it will be useless to use.i dont know if the bend of the pressure plate will stop in a certain angle,cuz if not,it will be a problem. hope ricmotech will make a stroger pressure plate.im only 5feet 5 inches in height. 135 pound guy.im not that strong.but im worried the pressure plate would not stop bending until i cannot use it anymore.

any other people experience this kind of situation? what your solution to stop the bending.

yes i got a picture the pressure plate that were the loadcell attached, is a aluminum bar,this thing bend.maybe when im racing and too excited entering corner maybe i push too hard. so the aluminum bar bend too much.
loadcell.jpg

update already remedy the situation.i put a coin in front of the bar to straighten up a little. i got a little dead zone now hope this will not bent anymore.

I'll have to look at mine. I can't believe it bent without damaging the load cell itself. Hopefully they will send you a new plate.
Have you emailed Frank about this?

yeah i emailed him yesterday and today still no reply.im willing to buy the aluminum plate or bar. hope he sell it. im using it for backup i case my pressure plate goes south.

the loadcell is high end,no damage.perfect still when using. only im worried about is the plate bar.
my loadcell arrive last feb. so its still under warranty,but i know they wouldnt give u the pressure plate without proof that it is damage or cant operate anymore so they can replace it. so im willing to buy from them.

wish me luck. ill update if frank respond to my email.

Just got my RS500 diy rig finished a couple of days ago and just wanted to throw a big THANK YOU in here to Ricmotech, mostly for giving those on a budget an alternative and something to get started with. I've only been using it a couple of days and am already jonesing to get a shifter (have the pieces already cut out) and upgrade the T3PA pedals (they're just not that great - ok coming from a 2-pedal set, but the braking feel is extremely weird).

I have a build thread showing start/finish, but wanted to share a pic and again a thanks to @Ricmotech.

enhance

enhance

Also wanted to say, if your on the fence about this rig, I have roughly $140 in it and I had to buy two sheets of MDF (so it would be less) because I'm a little impatient sometimes. Race On everyone!!

I have now gotten used to using load cell brakes after a few months. I've compared the Ricmotech T3PA Pro load cell mod to the CSL Elite LC and have to say, that Ricmotech mod is even better than I thought. It makes the T3PA pro pedal set as good as the CSL Elite, maybe even better.

I'm saving up for the T3PA Pro pedal set, so this is good to hear. Wanted to go with Fanatec originally, but it's just so expensive and I'm on a console. Anyway, I've been happy with the Thrustmaster kit, better than my ~15 year old Logitech DFGT (although it still works fine).

Will say that the weakest part of the TM setup is the brake pedal... Thanks for the info.

New products are on the shelves, here are some of them.
RMT-PH-TM1-3.jpg

Fits 5" screen phones, this is about as big as can be seen through the steering wheel. We make this to fit the Thrustmaster T300, TX, TS-PC, TS-XW, T-GT, and the Fanatec ClubSport and CSL Elite, and Podium.
Thrustmaster: https://www.ricmotech.com/Phone_Cradle_for_Thrustmaster_Wheel_Bases_p/rmt-ph-tm1.htm
Fanatec: https://www.ricmotech.com/Phone_Cradle_for_Fanatec_Wheel_Bases_p/rmt-ph-fa1.htm

RMT-TM-WA2-2.jpg

New billet aluminum universal steering wheel adapter for Thrustmaster bases. https://www.ricmotech.com/Steering_Wheel_Adapter_for_Thrustmaster_Servo_Base_p/rmt-tm-wa2.htm

RMT-LC3-2.jpg

Load cell to fit the T3PA pedals: https://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_Kit_for_Thrustmaster_Pedals_p/rmt-lc3.htm

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of how heavy a Ricmotech stand would be with the added mount for a shifter? Otherwise just basic setup.

I currently have to move my rig from a corner of my room to in front of my TV when I'm racing and put it back when I'm not. It's not that heavy right now but I want something more professional looking and I enjoy DIY projects. Do you think if I put furniture strips underneath the stand it will be easy to slide around on a hardwood floor?

This is what I did... ( I know this is an old post)

enhance

just lift up the other end and roll it around pretty easily. These were ~$3 ea at Home Depot iirc.

I'm saving up for the T3PA Pro pedal set, so this is good to hear. Wanted to go with Fanatec originally, but it's just so expensive and I'm on a console. Anyway, I've been happy with the Thrustmaster kit, better than my ~15 year old Logitech DFGT (although it still works fine).

Will say that the weakest part of the TM setup is the brake pedal... Thanks for the info.
I got the thrustmaster pedals while they have served me well they now aggravate me beyond belief, im by passing fanatec and going simworx the $1400 price tag is hard to swallow but they have a good rep. Now to put the spare pennies away for a long long time

I'm in love with the load cell mod on my G29. Only had about 2 hours of play but am already close to my old lap times (3 tenths of). The biggest difference is the concistancy and that is the reason why I went for this mod. I am now able to run 10 laps straight withing 2 tenths of each lap (I used to be all over the place). I've only tried it in GT Sport and will later test in Project Cars 2 and A.C. (PS4)

Back