RKL - Racing Kart League - 125cc | Season 4 | Round 1 - 26/01/2012

• Thread starter Tom
  • 263 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Din't know you can wear Racing tyres on 125spl. But as I see right now, u can realy buy some... I don't buy them for the moment, by fear I can't remouve them again. Will it not b more easy if we don't limitade the room to Karts but to soft sport tyres. I guess it's easyer to control if everyone is racing on 125 then control tyres

Edit: Or all race with racing tyres, so no more cheat possible I guess...

Last edited:
Din't know you can wear Racing tyres on 125spl. But as I see right now, u can realy buy some... I don't buy them for the moment, by fear I can't remouve them again. Will it not b more easy if we don't limitade the room to Karts but to soft sport tyres. I guess it's easyer to control if everyone is racing on 125 then control tyres

You can't take a Kart out unless you limit the room to Karts, good idea though. Not too hard to scroll through everyone's set ups and make sure we're all on the same tires though.

When is this starting? And if there's anybody that still doesn't have a team I still need a teammate. Thinking about going with the team name TurtleSpeed Racing like I'm doing for FMSC season 4.

When is this starting? And if there's anybody that still doesn't have a team I still need a teammate. Thinking about going with the team name TurtleSpeed Racing like I'm doing for FMSC season 4.

The series will hopefully be starting after we have confirmation that the bug is fixed and 16 confirmed entries.

What would be a good lap time around Tsukuba, just wondering to see if I can match it.

Not to switch subjects, but did you find a teammate for FMSC? I may be in need, will probably know early next week:tup:

I've been practising and managed to get my times down to 1:02's. Hopefully I can improve but I can't race this season due to the timing. Maybe next season.

On a side note, wouldn't Monte Carlo (or whatever it's called in the game) work well as a kart track.

Last edited:
I've been practising and managed to get my times down to 1:02's. Hopefully I can improve but I can't race this season due to the timing. Maybe next season.

On a side note, wouldn't Monte Carlo (or whatever it's called in the game) work well as a kart track.

We had it for Season 2, it was good but I don't think it was good enough to warrant a return for Season 4. Maybe for Season 5...

Not to switch subjects, but did you find a teammate for FMSC? I may be in need, will probably know early next week:tup:

Nope nobody has joined yet. You are welcome to join if you like.

Back on the cart subject. Ran some practice at Tsukuba last night and thought my arms were going to fall off. That place is rough in a cart. I'm definitely going to have to practice driving that thing some more to get used to that.

Nope nobody has joined yet. You are welcome to join if you like.

Back on the cart subject. Ran some practice at Tsukuba last night and thought my arms were going to fall off. That place is rough in a cart. I'm definitely going to have to practice driving that thing some more to get used to that.

One thing I found helpful with the karts is to lower your FFB setting on your wheel, otherwise your arms are going to start to go numb by the second race:lol:

One thing I found helpful with the karts is to lower your FFB setting on your wheel, otherwise your arms are going to start to go numb by the second race:lol:

Ah, yes. But that all depends on what wheel you use, what are you using out of interest?

I use a dfgt. I like the feel with the ffb where it is so I'll just have to start doing push ups regularly to keep my arm strength up...lol

Tom
Ah, yes. But that all depends on what wheel you use, what are you using out of interest?
Im using a G27, with ffb at 4 or 5, I was running it at 8 and it was just too much. I would prefer to use a lower ffb for karts and a higher one for regular cars, but that would require me to go into the options menu everytime I want to change, and I am way too lazy to do that. :lol: so I settled somewhere in the middle.

Im using a G27, with ffb at 4 or 5, I was running it at 8 and it was just too much. I would prefer to use a lower ffb for karts and a higher one for regular cars, but that would require me to go into the options menu everytime I want to change, and I am way too lazy to do that. :lol: so I settled somewhere in the middle.

I too am using a G27, I run with FFB on 10 though. :confused: That said, I haven't raced karts with this wheel yet, as I've just got it repaired.

Tom
I too am using a G27, I run with FFB on 10 though. :confused: That said, I haven't raced karts with this wheel yet, as I've just got it repaired.

I just found with the G27 its easier to keep the kart stable with it a bit lower, these karts require very little input and the slightest kick from the ffb can ruin a race.

I just found with the G27 its easier to keep the kart stable with it a bit lower, these karts require very little input and the slightest kick from the ffb can ruin a race.

That's true, maybe it's why I keep spinning. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back