Rock Band/Guitar Hero - Discuss DLC, forming bands, and which is better.

• Thread starter FoolKiller
  • 340 comments
Oh i must have sent you that message in the middle of that; my bad. :lol:

But i think you once said you have notifications turned off, right?
You did, and no I don't. I was on song 40-something (they blur together after a while). I just laughed and said to myself that you would have to wait a while.

That's alright though, I had a guy on my friend's list send me a message saying that it was impossible and I replied to him tonight saying that my trophies say it isn't.

:lol: Yeah, i knew about the trophy even though it's one of the "???" ones, but i didn't even want to try it. I just left my PS3 on overnight when i got my gold icon.

On a similar note, i'm not going for platinum. "Shoulder to the Plow" is just too unnatural to play, and the Overdrive bits in "Visions" are totally unforgiving.

I forgot to mention: The Harmonix guys had a bit of fun with the Ednless Setlist, I think.

The first song is "Eye of the Tiger" so you are getting all pumped and feeling good, but the second song is "My Own Worst Enemy." :lol:

Raise your spirits just to crush them.

EDIT: And I am contemplating making this my avatar for a bit.
TROP014.PNG

Last edited:
Full Guitar Hero: Smash Hits track list is now available.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/979/979817p1.html

Guitar Hero
  • Blue Oyster Cult - "Godzilla"
  • Boston - "More Than A Feeling"
  • Deep Purple - "Smoke On The Water"
  • Franz Ferdinand - "Take Me Out"
  • Helmet - "Unsung (Live)"
  • Incubus - "Stellar"
  • Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - "I Love Rock N' Roll"
  • Ozzy Osbourne - "Bark At The Moon"
  • Pantera - "Cowboys From Hell (Live)"
  • Queen - "Killer Queen"
  • Queens Of The Stone Age - "No One Knows"
  • The Donnas - "Take It Off"
  • The Exies - "Hey You"
  • White Zombie - "Thunder Kiss '65"

Guitar Hero II
  • Alice In Chains - "Them Bones"
  • Avenged Sevenfold - "Beast And The Harlot"
  • Danzig - "Mother"
  • Foo Fighters - "Monkey Wrench"
  • Iron Maiden - "The Trooper"
  • Jane's Addiction - "Stop!"
  • Kansas - "Carry On Wayward Son"
  • Lamb Of God - "Laid To Rest"
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Free Bird"
  • Motley Crue- "Shout At The Devil"
  • Nirvana - "Heart-Shaped Box"
  • Rage Against The Machine - "Killing In The Name"
  • Reverend Horton Heat - "Psychobilly Freakout"
  • Rush - "YYZ"
  • Stone Temple Pilots - "Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart"
  • The Police - "Message In A Bottle"
  • The Sword - "Freya"
  • Warrant - "Cherry Pie"
  • Wolfmother - "Woman"

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s
  • Anthrax - "Caught In A Mosh"
  • Extreme - "Play With Me"
  • Judas Priest - "Electric Eye"
  • Poison - "Nothin' But A Good Time"
  • Ratt - "Round and Round"
  • Twisted Sister - "I Wanna Rock"

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
  • AFI - "Miss Murder"
  • DragonForce - "Through The Fire And Flames"
  • Heart - "Barracuda"
  • Kiss - "Rock And Roll All Nite"
  • Living Colour - "Cult Of Personality"
  • Pat Benatar - "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"
  • Priestess - "Lay Down"
  • Slayer - "Raining Blood"

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
  • Aerosmith - "Back In The Saddle

I will risk the double triple post as I have triple Guitar Hero news. And in all honesty, it is just a bit much.

Guitar Hero: Van Halen announced

Activision finally confirms Guitar Hero: Van Halen
by David Hinkle { May 7th 2009 at 10:15AM }

vanhalengh050709_580.jpg

Those Van Halen boys are likely happy today, as it marks the end of their need for silence regarding their long-rumored video game: Guitar Hero: Van Halen. Activision has confirmed to Joystiq that the title is in development and will release sometime during the second half of this year. Activision could not confirm any songs, and only said the game will contain Van Halen's "greatest hits," as well as guest acts such as Queen, Weezer, blink-182, The Offspring, Queens of the Stone Age, and more.

We've put in word to Activision to clarify if the game will be all David Lee Roth, or if fans will also get some Sammy Hagar and some Gary Cherone love. Well, okay, maybe not Gary Cherone. Nobody liked that guy.

Update: Activision's Senior Vice President of Global Brand Management (whew!) told us, "Oh this is definitely Van Halen, not Van Hagar," which is a plus since David Lee Roth is back with the band and they just finished a successful tour. There's a very slim chance that the rockers might show up at E3, so keep your eyes and ears peeled.
I am fine with it being all Van Halen, but I wonder if there will be any Van Hagar era songs? Van Hagar wasn't all bad, just not as epic as Van Halen.

Game 1

Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero, and DJ Hero announced

Activision announces Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero and DJ Hero for fall
by Jem Alexander { May 7th 2009 at 9:16AM }

guitar.hero.forever.030609-580px.jpg

Activision continues to "exploit" its Guitar Hero franchise this year with three new full titles coming this autumn. The newly announced Guitar Hero 5 will offer "the ability to drop in and out of songs and change band members, instruments and difficulty levels on the fly." The press release contains no other details regarding the game, but you can bet it'll be pretty similar to Guitar Hero: World Tour.

Band Hero is the second of Activision's Hero trifecta for this fall. Don't be confused, Band Hero is completely separate from Guitar Hero. Except it's very similar -- it's Activision's attempt at a family-oriented Guitar Hero game, rated E10+, and will be facing off against Harmonix's Lego Rock Band later this year.

Finally, DJ Hero is something we've been hearing a lot of murmurs about for a while. It will feature "diverse music genres including hip-hop, R&B, Motown, electronica and dance" and will include the turntable controller, images of which we posted earlier. Apparently the title "transforms players into DJs who rule the club scene by creating original mixes of popular songs and music from the world's most exciting artists and DJs." We have to wonder, does the world need this many heroes?
Is it just me or does GH5 sound odd? It's almost RB: Unplugged sounding, but not quite. I don't know. And do we need a rebranding for Band Hero?

DJ Hero really doesn't apply, I guess, until you see the renderings for teh peripheral.

GAmes 2, 3, 4

DJ Hero Controller

Renders of DJ Hero controller
by Alexander Sliwinski { May 7th 2009 at 8:42AM }

dj-hero-01-render-580px.jpg

The Twitter account @DJHero has posted what are allegedly the first images of the DJ Hero controller. We are currently following up with Activision to confirm the authenticity of the account and the images. In the meantime, feel free to give opinions on the design.

Update: Although we've yet to receive official word from Activision, a recent press release from Activision's UK PR firm included the images.

dj-hero-controller-2-580px.jpg

So three definite GH-based games and one new franchise spin off. That is five total games with Smash Hits. They need to explain if any of it will be interoperable. I don't think that I can personally bring myself to want more than just World Tour and Smash Hits if the other games (or their music) aren't interchangeable.

Does Metallica work with World Tour stuff at all? I have heard it can read the album DLC but don't know about anything else.

My final thought on all this: Both brands are getting title crazy but I will continue to lean toward Rock Band as long as they continue their interoperable platform position. But the individual band titles must stop. We have AC/DC, Aerosmith, Metallica, and soon Van Halen and The Beatles. I can only think of one band I find that reasonable for, and it is purely subjective, Led Zeppelin. I will contemplate The Beatles if the songs are exportable.

Speaking of:

The Beatles: Rock Band guitars confirmed, pre-order club announced
by Ben Gilbert { May 5th 2009 at 11:15AM }

beatlesrbgeetars.jpg

MTV Games and Harmonix have announced The Beatles: Rock Band will have two standalone guitars made available alongside the forthcoming Liverpudlian music rhythm game. The Rickenbacker 325 and Gretsch Duo Jet, played by John Lennon and George Harrison allegedly throughout their respective careers, are set to go on sale when the game launches in September for $100 bucks a pop. For those of you playing along at home, that equates to $250 for the full "premium" bundle plus another $200 for both of these guitars, altogether adding up to a whopping $450 for you serious Beatles fans. We spoke with Mariana Agathoklis at MTV Games this morning who said, "These guitars are really for the hardcore fans."

Additionally, the "pre-order club" has officially opened for business at the game's official site, allowing those who've already pre-ordered the game to access "breaking news and access to exclusive game elements including art and behind-the-scenes footage." The bad economy has us in a bit of a fiduciary bind -- maybe you fine folks pre-ordering the game would be so kind as to shoot us a tip when the hot scoops hit?

Update: Mariana at MTV Games asked us to clarify that these guitars will be compatible with "all Rock Band instruments, as well as most Guitar Hero and other music game peripherals."
:banghead:

Btw, foolkiller, its reckoned now that The Beatles game will have its own DLC (obviously Beatles orientated, so think more of their songs, some solo works etc) as apparently this was the only way they could get Apple to agree to making the game.
This makes it sound to me that there is a distinct possibility of the DLC songs being portable, it would certainly make Apple more money if thats the only issue.

Anyway, I'm probably going to get that George Harrison Gretsch....it looks awesome. I need a 2nd controller and also one that I can play instead of my rapidly deteriorating strat.

As for Activsion being Activision - not surprised, taking full advantage of branding and likely reaping as much money as possible, they will probably be the sole cause of the music genre returning to a minority market.

I hope DJ Hero is actual electronica music and not hip hop.
It would actually be kind of cool if you could do some of the obscure Fatboy Slim type stuff where he mixed popular songs. I have this MP3 of a Magic Carpet Ride mix that I just love. Then some of the Moby collaborations, like he did with Gwen Stefani. But looking at the controller I think this might be more about scratching than mixing. Too bad they don't have Mix Master in arcades around here, well if we had arcades.

Btw, foolkiller, its reckoned now that The Beatles game will have its own DLC (obviously Beatles orientated, so think more of their songs, some solo works etc) as apparently this was the only way they could get Apple to agree to making the game.
This makes it sound to me that there is a distinct possibility of the DLC songs being portable, it would certainly make Apple more money if thats the only issue.
I just wish they would say so I could know whether to look forward to this or just make it a rental.

Anyway, I'm probably going to get that George Harrison Gretsch....it looks awesome. I need a 2nd controller and also one that I can play instead of my rapidly deteriorating strat.
I thought about it at first, but the $30 price difference between it and the RB2 Strat is a bit steep.

As for Activsion being Activision - not surprised, taking full advantage of branding and likely reaping as much money as possible, they will probably be the sole cause of the music genre returning to a minority market.
As of right now, not counting track packs, the Guitar Hero brand only has one more announced game this year than Rock Band does, and only one more solo band game. I think that if the DLC hadn't taken off the way it did that EA wouldn't have wanted Harmonix to do the platform thing either.

Personally, I think the whole music genre will burnout as long as it stays like this. One title a year with a once every two years exception for a portable title as well is the most any IP should push.

I thought about it at first, but the $30 price difference between it and the RB2 Strat is a bit steep.

Those things look bitchin'. I think there is definitely a $30 quality difference there. I might look into getting one of those, since my RB1 guitar is starting to die.

We don't have RB2 instruments here, so this is why I am considering/waiting for The Beatles instruments, even if they are slightly more expensive, it might actually work out cheaper if certain shops do a guitar+game bundle.

I've decided to buy GH Smash Hits. Too many good classics to pass up on for me. Laid to Rest Master Track? Yeah! And I predict Van Halen to be harder than Metallica.

I downloaded the free metal pack for GH World Tour and its pretty good for free :).

DLC UPDATE

Guitar Hero World Tour
  • Ferret/Metal Blade Track Pack (free) (£4.39) - can someone confirm this EU price?
    • “On Broken Glass” by Chimaira,
    • “Dez Moines” by Devil Wears Prada
    • “Grave of Opportunity” by Unearth.

Rock Band
  • “Do You Want To”— Franz Ferdinand ($1.99) (£0.99)
  • “Lucid Dreams”— Franz Ferdinand ($1.99) (£0.99)
  • “Take Me Out”— Franz Ferdinand ($1.99) (£0.99)
  • Franz Ferdinand Pack 01 ($5.49) (£2.49)
  • “Smooth Criminal”— Alien Ant Farm ($1.99) (£0.99)
  • “Blue Sky”— The Allman Brothers Band ($1.99) (£0.99)
  • “Midnight Rider”— The Allman Brothers Band ($1.99) (£0.99)
  • “Drain the Blood”— The Distillers ($1.99) (£0.99)
  • “Naked Eye”— Luscious Jackson ($1.99) (£0.99)
  • “Idealistic Types”— Prong ($1.99) (£0.99)
  • “The Banishment”— Prong ($1.99)(£0.99)

DLC UPDATE

Guitar Hero World Tour
  • Ferret/Metal Blade Track Pack (free) (£4.39) - can someone confirm this EU price?

• Yes, its true at least the last time I checked the prices for GHWT for some of their packs, they were that price.
    And yes, its pretty rediculous considering the competition prices....

Yes, its true at least the last time I checked the prices for GHWT for some of their packs, they were that price.
And yes, its pretty rediculous considering the competition prices....
I wasn't even looking at the competition prices. The US got it for free.

I wasn't even looking at the competition prices. The US got it for free.

No surprise again, we have to pay for Charlene on Rock Band, its a licensing thing I suspect that they once again favour the US market.
But yeah, some of the 3-song packs on GHWT are almost double the price of Rock Band ones!

I was surprised when Rock Band DLC came out here that it was so cheap, as it was half the price from conversion from dollars, so really, the GHWT pricing makes more sense if they wanted to make the same amount of dollars.
But still, I would have thought the best way to beat RB's massive library would be to beat them in price rather than charging more and providing less content each week.

I suppose they can get away with it because they already have a majority share of the market purely from being out earlier in Europe (in the sense of the GH3 versus RB battle). But still, I would have alarm bells would ring to most players of GHWT when they saw the massive difference in prices.

Hey, what are your thought on EA and Harmonix's strategy with there games. They did not make a profit with RB1 and i dont know how RB2 did but it sold less than GH even though both saw lower sales. I ask because everything Activison does the rockband fans complain about it. As if they want both games to be exactly the same. At the core they are the same. It seems like Activison is doing what they can to make money. Rather than take a lose with DLC no one will buy. Clearly HMX, EA knows with so much money spent on licenses for DLC they cant make it all back because its not guaranteed to make a profit. By releasing most of your songs on disc you automatically get profits on the money spent on licenses.

Also i read all the time how people like to pick and choose all their music. Then how will the ever be introduced to music they've never heard? Thats what Made the first 2 GH games so great, opening people up to new music. If GH Metalica was just DLC it may not have made as much money. There wont be a RB 3 because it will be suicide to release a low profitable game. Thats why RB2 was made a "platform".

I like both games, i just prefer the one with better gameplay, this coming from a person who has played both extensively. But I just want to know what people think about these totally different strategies. But its not really fair to judge a game you haven't "really" played. Just the facts.

So I figures it goes like this:

Rock band is depending on DLC to make money
Guitar Hero is depending on a new(multiple) version every year

I see nothing wrong with/ that EA floods the market every year with year to year titles most at full price with little to no replay value.

I was trying to find some financial reports for Harmonix, because i know sales for Rock Band have topped $1 billion, but all i can find is their information mixed in with the rest of Viacom's information.

EA didn't make much money because they are probably getting less from DLC sales and more from instrument sales.
Rock Band's strength is clearly the DLC which is making them a fortune, well, making Harmonix and MTV a fortune anyway.

Rock Band's strategy hasn't been totally DLC though...they have released a fair few disks now with DLC on them for those who don't download DLC because they either don't know or can't.
Activision's strategy works better in the short term, but they are going to kill their franchise over the long term as people will more quickly get sick of it. They have done this in the past and continue to do so with many of their game series, they seem to like to make as much money as quickly as possible with little regard to keeping the series going long-term, at least keeping it to the same quality as the original titles, as can be observed with Tony Hawks.
EA normally does a similar strategy though to be fair, but seem to be a bit more lenient in certain game series but not much though, their community support generally is awful.

I can't say which works best overall, but the best in my opinion for keeping the game series going longer and not making people sick of it or giving them too much to buy is probably Rock Band because the DLC is cheap enough to entice people without making them spend lots of money on disks full of songs they may not like while at the same time occasionally providing the odd disk for those who want it. However, they seem to be changing tack now in order to compete with GH for whatever reason, although with some more thought put into their spin-offs perhaps.

Of course, as a gamer I'm biased to prefer the company who is providing better community support and the cheaper platform overall. As a games programmer, I'd prefer being at Neversoft though because I'd make far more money in shorter time space, :lol: better than working for 3D realms anyway.

Last edited:
I totally agree Ardius. Activisions forecast for profits seems much shorter than what EA is doing with Rock Band. I predict GH5 will have 100 songs to entice would be buyers with a large setlist. Also Activisions strategy allows them to release more free song packs.

I'll sum my thoughts up very quick.

EA Sports repeatedly released Madden with very little difference from year to year, and I went with their competitor (I bought one Madden game after the exclusivity NFL deal and hated it). Similarly, I am beginning to feel the same with both music games in general. So at the end of the day I will go with the one that allows me to only ever need one disc to play nearly all the songs.

By the way, how do you figure disc-based games make more profit? Disc-based games cost half the price per song as DLC, but have much more added production costs.

Doing it disc-based is fine, and overall cheaper for consumers, but GH needs to make them all work together somehow. Heck, even SingStar implemented disc swapping from the song selection menu and even works with PS2 titles. This encouraged me to buy a total of five SingStar titles.

For me the difference is convenience, and a minor preference in RB's general gameplay. If GH could do a SingStar style thing then I would be more encouraged to pick up band-only titles, because I would know I could switch out without switching actual games. Hell, I bought SingStar Abba, and I don't like Abba that much. The fact that it was $10 and my wife did like them helped.

DLC

Guitar Hero World Tour
“Everything’s Magic” by Angels & Airwaves ($1.99 - £1.59)
“So What” by P!nk ($1.99 - £1.59)
“Stop and Stare” by OneRepublic ($1.99 - £1.59)
Pop Rock Track Pack ($5.49 - £4.39)

Rock Band
“Stricken”— Disturbed ($1.99 - £0.99)
“Stupify”— Disturbed ($1.99 - £0.99)
“Radio Radio”— Elvis Costello ($1.99 - £0.99)
“Black Friday”— Steely Dan ($1.99 - £0.99)
“My Old School”— Steely Dan ($1.99 - £0.99)
“Bad Luck”— Social Distortion ($1.99 - £0.99)
“Ring of Fire”— Social Distortion ($1.99 - £0.99)
“Story of My Life”— Social Distortion ($1.99 - £0.99)
Social Distortion Pack 01 ($5.49) - screwed up for EU again it seems.

Also, Rock Band: Unplugged has released their full track list:
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/15/rock-band-unplugged-full-track-list-and-dlc-revealed/

Rock Band Unplugged On-disc Track List

2000s
AFI - "Miss Murder" *
All-American Rejects - "Move Along"
Audioslave - "Gasoline" *
Black Tide - "Show Me the Way" *
Freezepop - "Less Talk More Rokk" *
Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle"
The Killers - "Mr. Brightside"
Lacuna Coil - "Our Truth"
Lamb of God - "Laid to Rest"
Modest Mouse - "Float On"
Queens of the Stone Age - "3's and 7's"
System of a Down - "Chop Suey!"
Tenacious D - "Rock Your Socks" *

1990s
3 Doors Down - "Kryptonite" *
Alice in Chains - "Would?" *
Blink 182 - "What's My Age Again" *
Foo Fighters - "Everlong"
Judas Priest - "Painkiller"
Lit - "My Own Worst Enemy"
Lush - "De-Luxe"
Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "Where'd You Go?"
Nine Inch Nails - "The Perfect Drug"
Nirvana - "Drain You"
The Offspring - "Come Out and Play (Keep 'em Separated)"
Pearl Jam - "Alive"
Smashing Pumpkins - "Today"
Social Distortion - "I Was Wrong"
Soundgarden - "Spoonman"
Weezer - "Buddy Holly"

1980s
Billy Idol - "White Wedding Part 1"
Bon Jovi - "Livin' on a Prayer"
Dead Kennedys - "Holiday in Cambodia"
Motörhead - "Ace of Spades"
The Police - "Message in a Bottle"
Siouxsie & the Banshees - "The Killing Jar"

1970s
Boston - "More Than a Feeling"
Jackson 5 - "ABC" *
Jethro Tull - "Aqualung"
Kansas - "Carry on Wayward Son
Rush - "The Trees"

1960s
The Who - "Pinball Wizard"

* Denotes a track that will be exclusive to Rock Band Unplugged for a limited time.
(Hint: Count on these tracks' releases for console Rock Bands soon!)

The first 10 DLC tracks that will be available in the Rock Band Unplugged music store starting June 9, 2009 are listed below:

DLC
30 Seconds to Mars - "The Kill"
Belly - "Feed the Tree"
Disturbed - "Inside the Fire"
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Gimme Three Steps"
Muse - "Hysteria"
Mute Math - "Typical"
No Doubt - "Just a Girl"
Oasis - "Wonderwall"
Paramore - "Crushcrushcrush"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Under the Bridge"

^I'm pretty sure the Social Distortion pack is up on the EU store, I'll check the price later.
With Three Speech down and the EU Blog not up yet I have no completely reliable info for EU store updates, so I am just posting what Joystiq lists.

I will be confident in my accuracy once the EU Blog is up and running.

New DLC update:

Guitar Hero World Tour
  • "Disconnected” by In Flames ($1.99) - (£1.59)
  • “Look Good In Leather” by Cody ChesnuTT ($1.99) - (£1.59)
  • “Oh Yeah!” by Housse de Racket ($1.99) - (£1.59)
  • European Track Pack 05 ($5.49) - (£4.39)

Rock Band
  • “Billion Dollar Babies (Live)”— Alice Cooper ($1.99) - (£0.99)
  • “I’m Eighteen (Live)”— Alice Cooper ($1.99) - (£0.99)
  • “Poison”— Alice Cooper ($1.99) - (£0.99)
  • “School’s Out (Live)”— Alice Cooper ($1.99) - (£0.99)
  • “Under My Wheels (Live)”— Alice Cooper ($1.99) - (£0.99)
  • “Vengeance Is Mine”— Alice Cooper ($1.99) - (£0.99)
  • “Ring of Fire”— Social Distortion ($1.99) - (£0.99)
  • “Story of My Life”— Social Distortion ($1.99) - (£0.99)
  • Alice Cooper Pack 01 ($9.99) - (£4.99)
  • “Liar (It Takes One to Know One)”— Taking Back Sunday ($1.99) - (£0.99)
  • “MakeDamnSure”— Taking Back Sunday ($1.99) - (£0.99)
  • “What’s It Feel Like to Be a Ghost?”— Taking Back Sunday ($1.99) - (£0.99)
  • Taking Back Sunday Pack 01 ($5.49) - (£2.49)

I may get School's Out, but I am not sure about any of the others without listening through them all to see if they might be fun. It's been a long time since I have heard Alice Cooper, aside from School's Out.

I've been very dissapointed with Guitar Hero's relentlessness to give us some new-er stuff. I mean the Pink and Angels and Airwaves wasnt bad, but still not exactly what Im looking for. I'd LOVE to see more Nickleback, for their drums will be insanely fun to play, and some disturbed would be cool too, Hm... Maybe even Arials and Toxicity?

I may get School's Out, but I am not sure about any of the others without listening through them all to see if they might be fun. It's been a long time since I have heard Alice Cooper, aside from School's Out.

I got Poison and Billion Dollar Babies (Live), well worth the money 👍

If you only want to get one, I suggest Billion Dollar Babies, Poison is still good though.

I find School's Out too annoying personally.

Sorry for the double post, but some huge news for me personally (as a huge Iron Maiden fan!):
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142634

Iron Maiden 12 pack for Rock Band DLC YEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tracks:
Aces High (live)
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Wasted Years
The Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Can I Play With Madness?
The Clairvoyant
Powerslave
Fear of the Dark (live)
Hallowed Be Thy Name (live)
Iron Maiden (live)

Obviously I demand everyone who owns Rock Band here to purchase these ASAP!!!
Words can't express how happy I am to finally have my favourite band in the game and with a 12 pack as well! To top it off, I'm getting their new documentary, Flight 666, on Blu-ray tomorrow, so good times! :D

DLC Update

Guitar Hero World Tour
  • “The Touch” by Stan Bush (free) (£1.59/€1.99)

Rock Band
  • “Cuz U R Next”— Ministry ($1.99) (£0.99/€1.49)
  • “LiesLiesLies”— Ministry ($1.99) (£0.99/€1.49)
  • “The Great Satan”— Ministry ($1.99) (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Ministry Pack 01 ($5.49) (£2.49/€3.99)
  • “Linger”— The Cranberries ($1.99) (£0.99/€1.49)
  • “She’s Not There”— The Zombies ($1.99) (£0.99/€1.49)
  • “Tell Her No”— The Zombies ($1.99) (£0.99/€1.49)
  • “Kids Don’t Follow”— The Replacements ($1.99) (£0.99/€1.49)

As awesome as The Touch is, that's it? And I think it would have been better placed if it had been released the week of the new Transformers movie.

This is a level of awesome that can never be touched.

Yeah, I'm gutted Guitar Hero got it, especially as I remember it was someone on the Rock Band forums who originally emailed Stan Bush about putting the song on these games and he replied saying "no one's asked me yet, but I will make enquiries".
Hopefully Harmonix do what they just did with Maiden and one up Neversoft again by releasing more of the original Transformers soundtrack (such as Instruments of Destruction and the theme tune) during the week of the film release ;)

But, I don't really care anymore because IRON MAIDEN!!!

For reference (80s cartoons had awesome soundtracks)
Instruments of Destruction:

Transformers theme:

Nothing's gonna stand in our Way:

Oh come on! We all know that only one other song on The Transformers soundtrack came close to the awesomeness of "The Touch."

And after watching that, I now realize where the live-action movie stole Bumblebee's talking in radio signals from.

Back