Rock Band/Guitar Hero - Discuss DLC, forming bands, and which is better.

• Thread starter FoolKiller
  • 340 comments
The Singstar Mics (I have both wired and wireless), do these work with GH:WT and Rock Band (either the original or RB2)?
This is the only one that I can confirm 100%. With the wired microphone setup the blue microphone will work in Rock Band (2). I just use the Singstar microphone for both games as it allows me to not have to mess with as many peripherals.

If I get The Beatles: Rock Band I will report back on if both will work, but it is doubtful as they only come in on one USB port.

Can you import band data from RB1 into RB2? We have a good band we'd like to keep and it seems silly if you can't, but we haven't found any menu items that seem to let us.

TIA.

Can you import band data from RB1 into RB2? We have a good band we'd like to keep and it seems silly if you can't, but we haven't found any menu items that seem to let us.

TIA.
I don't think so, but all the original customization options are still there I believe.

Check rockband.com to see though.

I think you have to start a new band as you have a whole new career mode.

Hi! It's Duke's kid. He's freaking out. Kinda. Thanks. Byee!

Even though both franchises have become milked beyond all reason (Guitar Hero in particular, though Lego Rock Band is quite heinous by itself), I do think the most recent Van Halen fued spilling out into Guitar Hero: Van Halen is quite hilarious. I have to wonder how many sales are going to be lost because of it.

Even though both franchises have become milked beyond all reason (Guitar Hero in particular, though Lego Rock Band is quite heinous by itself), I do think the most recent Van Halen fued spilling out into Guitar Hero: Van Halen is quite hilarious. I have to wonder how many sales are going to be lost because of it.

Seriously? Wth... like comon!

Dude. I'm excited. Harmonix kind of sort of found my demographic with a few of these songs.

Rock Band
  • A Day to Remember “The Downfall of Us All”
  • Bad Religion “21st Century Digital Boy”
  • Chiodos “I Didn’t Say I Was Powerful, I Said I Was a Wizard”
  • Escape the Fate “The Flood”
  • Underoath “Reinventing Your Exit”
  • Maroon 5 “Little of Your Time”
  • Maroon 5 “Makes Me Wonder”
  • Maroon 5 “Wake Up Call”
(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Warped Tour Pack” or “Maroon 5 Pack” or as individual tracks for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 systems.

Release Date:
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
(Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360)
Thursday, June 25, 2009
(PlayStation®Store)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change **

Price:
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$5.49 (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Maroon 5 Pack”
$8.49 (680 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Warped Tour Pack”

Last edited:
Release Date:
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
(Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 3
Thursday, June 24, 2009
(PlayStation®Store)

Anyone else see something wrong with these dates? Idk maybe the day after the 23'd is the 24th, and maybe Thursday really does come after tuesday, Hey! Who needs Wendesday?!

Well, I bought the Rock Band 2 guitar, and not only is it better, but it looks awesoem too. And calibration is done just by holding it up to the screen and it has a built in sensor that does the rest for you.

dscf4169.jpg

Have you moved up to expert yet? I noticed thats where the difference in guitars come in.
No, I'm still working on hard. I just don't think my left hand is fast enough.

I would have been happy with my old guitar but the tilt sensor stopped working, and while using Select was OK it would occasionally result in a missed strum. But I do like the fret buttons better. They are quiet and not as clunky so the music isn't disrupted by clicking noises. I also like that the wireless adapter has two USB plugs so I don't need to use my hub when playing as a band.

While at Best Buy I got to try the World Tour guitar and it would be OK, except still feeling rough where it rubs odd on my forearm. I was contemplating possibly going with that but two friend are both very unhappy with it (one had it completely stop working and the other has a bad strum bar), and high frets wouldn't work in RB2, which is a huge bonus in big rock endings.

Between it looking cool and me feeling perfectly at home with a Strat with working tilt sensor I will be playing RB2 even more now.

You play with your opposite hand, don't you FoolKiller? It's amazing you can play at all.

I might need to buy a new guitar too. My yellow button is starting to die. It's frustrating enough to really hamper my gameplay, but i just don't play enough guitar to want a brand new one. Really sucks.

I'm job hunting for the summer; i hope i'm not dumb enough to convert a paycheck into Ion drums. :lol:

Has anyone got any comment on the RB2 drums versus the RB1 drums? I'm stuck right now with a set of RB1 drums that has a cracked red pad and I was thinking to get the RB2 drums. I'm relatively good at expert with the drums so I was even wondering about the Ion drums but I'm not sure i'm ready to put down that much cash.

The RB2 pads are made of a material more like silicone, so they're a lot softer. The pedal is a little sturdier, but still not that great. And they are now wireless like the guitar, too.

I envy you lot as we will never be able to purchase the RB2 instruments. Hence why I have to consider The Beatles ones if I want better ones than the RB1 instruments.

You play with your opposite hand, don't you FoolKiller? It's amazing you can play at all.
Yeah, I have to play lefty as my left hand has minimal dexterity when it comes to individual finger movements. My thumb does alright and with a lot of concentration and effort I can make the fingers do things, but it is way too slow for using the fret buttons. It can strum, but it is still slower than my right hand. I can manage hard on easier songs but anything where you need to strum up and down to keep up gets beyond my current physical ability to play.

It is actually why I didn't get into these games until Rock Band. My friends have had Guitar Hero for ages, but I always just avoided playing. Once Rock Band came out I knew I could pull off drums and started playing with them. Then I asked for the full Rock Band set for my birthday and started on drums and worked myself up on guitar. I think I prefer bass because I can stand off to the side in concentration and I just look like a laid back bassist.

I might need to buy a new guitar too. My yellow button is starting to die. It's frustrating enough to really hamper my gameplay, but i just don't play enough guitar to want a brand new one. Really sucks.
Check Gamestop for used ones or look at some of the cheaper third-party options. If you buy used be sure to save your wireless adapter as I've heard of used guitars being sold without them.

Has anyone got any comment on the RB2 drums versus the RB1 drums? I'm stuck right now with a set of RB1 drums that has a cracked red pad and I was thinking to get the RB2 drums. I'm relatively good at expert with the drums so I was even wondering about the Ion drums but I'm not sure i'm ready to put down that much cash.
Doe the red drum still read properly? Either way, I highly suggest drum pads, as they cut down on the tapping noise and reduce wear and tear. I use the Drumssshhh pads and they may only cause a missed note less than once a song.

I envy you lot as we will never be able to purchase the RB2 instruments. Hence why I have to consider The Beatles ones if I want better ones than the RB1 instruments.
The EA/MTV poor support for Europe and almost total lack of anything in Australia really does amaze me.

The EA/MTV poor support for Europe and almost total lack of anything in Australia really does amaze me.

Well, to be fair, the reason we only have RB1 instruments is because we got RB1 so late and the gap between the two releases was so short there was little point in releasing the new ones, it made more sense releasing the RB1 instruments in a pack on their own and then people could choose to buy the games on their own and then the instruments. I suspect they also planned for The Beatles at that point, so the time between giving us RB1 instruments and Beatles instruments wasn't significant enough to justify supplying the RB2 instruments.

But yeah, they royally screwed us over as far as getting Rock Band here in the first place, thank god they learnt the lesson and are now doing a worldwide release for The Beatles.

Is the RB1 kick pedal compatible with the RB2 set?

I assume it might be, because they just work through a headphone jack. But you can't buy new RB2 drums without the pedal anyway, unless you're either thinking of buying the RB2 drums used, or if you're thinking of buying the RB2 pedal for your RB1 drums.

I just plan to use my current, reinforced, RB1 pedal that's proven to withstand my punishment. That's all.

Hey guys, question! I'm able to beat guitar hero metallica on Expert maintining a 4-5 star rating through most songs, 3 on the crazy hard ones (god da*n Master of Puppets!!!)

But I recently got into the drums allot more, and Im finally self sufficent on Hard, but I really cannot get good on expert, I just can't do it, the footpedal rapes me lol.

Hey guys, question! I'm able to beat guitar hero metallica on Expert maintining a 4-5 star rating through most songs, 3 on the crazy hard ones (god da*n Master of Puppets!!!)

But I recently got into the drums allot more, and Im finally self sufficent on Hard, but I really cannot get good on expert, I just can't do it, the footpedal rapes me lol.

Try lifting your heel when you play.

Almost always do ;) For some reason my leg cramps like crazy if I don't. Its not my ability to hit it fast enough, rather its the idea of doing both at the same time, I guess reading is my problem...

Almost always do ;) For some reason my leg cramps like crazy if I don't.

Its because you use different leg muscles for heel up and heel down. I didn't do fitness science so I don't know what the muscles are called, but the ones at the rear of the leg are stronger than the ones at the front, with heel up you're using both whereas with heel down you're only using the front muscle(s). In other words its easier to bounce your leg than it is to lift your feet. Don't know if thats the accurate description of what the muscles are doing, but thats what I'm guessing.
Just to answer the "for some reason" comment ;)

Can't help ya with improving your skills :P

All my RB DLC is gone. I'd have to download 2gbs of songs if i play again.
Just 2GB? That's just like one night. I have a 7GB Rock Band data file, 3 GB of which is RB1 songs exported, and all the rest is DLC.

I figured you would be more in a bind with GH DLC since you play it more.

Back