----------------------------------------
Cathedral Rocks Trail I ( HOTLAP )
Arcade Ford Focus Rally Car '99
0% power 300bhp
and -10 weight 1107kg
Any top speed setting

Save your best 'CLEAN' replay
All tar and dirt in play apart from walls
100% No wall contacts at all or restart!

Feel free to discuss all sectors
'Do not discuss total laptime'
Please PM your final laptime to me before the deadline
Deadline = 12:00 noon GMT Saturday 22nd April

r3relts.jpg

-SCHEDULE-
ARCSchedule.jpg

first to reply ... 👍 :) 👍
off all ****ing rallye tracks in gt4 this is the one i like best.
so i think i might give it a go anyway despite my earlier negative remarks.
cheers to ronnie for all the arc fun.
btw 1 i still dont know what arc stands for, where it comes from and what its history is. if anybody can send a link to earlier discussions i'll be most happy.
btw 2 regarding dirt racing for race 6: please let it be cathedral rocks II since the canyon, the alps and the maze are undoable for me in terms of making clean laps in unembarrasing times.
EDIT i will very probably be last (how difficult can pd make it to do clean laps) but i will submit a time, even if it starts with a 1 as in one hour :-(((

Had a 30 min first session and I can tell this will be a fun week. It's not too hard to get clean laps but once you start pushing harder it gets challenging, just like a rally should be 👍 Still learning the track a bit but so far I have:

17.872 (best 17.3)
44.537 (best 44.1)
1'17.813

You really know how to pick 'em, Ron :D 👍

A half hour with my not-so-trusty DS2:
1'15.6

I'll have a proper go at it with the DFP later in the week :mischievous:

Nice T's there Luke.👍 Sweet handling car the Ford. Perfect horsepower for the car, and nicely balanced.
First go with the wheel.

T1-17.634
T2-44.159
T3-1'15.786

Lost a bit of time at T2. If you set up your approach by braking early enough going from tar to dirt just b4 t2, you can really pick up a bunch of time. I will have to work on that next session.
Oh. I used 260 gearing. I think it's stock. Never messed with it at all anyway.

It's official: Now I really hate rally 👎

I'm gonna give this a try though, havent managed a clean lap yet..

2 hours and not a single clean lap. :eek: :lol:

icemanshooter23
It's not too hard to get clean laps

Yeah. Just rub it in. :grumpy: :lol:

Well seriously. If it weren't for all the walls and invisible walls, the combo would actually be very pleasant. The Focus is a nice little agile car and suits the track very well. 👍

NielsG
Well seriously. If it weren't for all the walls and invisible walls, the combo would actually be very pleasant. The Focus is a nice little agile car and suits the track very well. 👍
But they are there :ouch:

Tomski
It's official: Now I really hate rally 👎

I'm gonna give this a try though, havent managed a clean lap yet..

Hi

Maybe this replay can help You 👍
( it's for PAL )
laters
Werner :)

Attachments

• CRocks_Werner_1-36-347.xps
    34.7 KB · Views: 3
Finally a clean one. :D

1'16.280

Topspeed 210. What are you guys using?

Just ran some laps inbetween playing Tourist Trophy :sly:

So far my best save has 16.9 / 43.8 / 1.14.9 ( seen 43.6 and 1'14.7 ... but 16.9 is my best T1 )

Great splits from you guys so far 👍 ... should be interesting results for sure :cheers:

btw .... stock gears at 260 ;)

NielsG
As far as I remember you drove here in the Mini Cup too. That didn't end too bad, right? ;)
But this is not a FF mini; and the invisible side walls already didn't like then 👎

Don't mind, I have a 1'21 t3 lap saved :dopey:

Ran some more and beat my time fractionally with ...

17.0 / 44.0 / 1'14.6 ... only beat my previous save by .1 at the line :ouch: ... yet I was .2 down at T2 and .3 ahead at T3 :ouch:

so much time left to get right .. with .1 at T1 and .3 at T2 and my slow end section I think there's still another .6 overall and If I get that I will be happy and one flukey b@stard also :dopey:

Ok I finally got round to trying this out and my 30min session yeilded one clean lap :irked:

It's better than nothing I guess :D

Ran some more this afternoon, and took a second and a bit off my previous best, but still had a slow last section ... couldn't keep it straight over the whoops :(

T1: 0'17.5 (PB: 17.1)
T2: 0'43.9 (PB: 43.6)
T3: 1'14.8 (PB: 1'14.4)

Lots left in it as the 1'14.4 was off a 17.4 T1. The key to T1 for me is getting a good exit from the bridge, tight to the inside with as little sliding as possible. It feels slow, but is actually much faster.

Looks like we're gonna be close, Ron :mischievous:

O' master rallyer, do you have any tips on the t2-t3 section? :D I can do sub 44's at T2 and even saw a 43.4 once but that's only because of the tarmac section. Even off of that I've yet to see even a low 1'15.

:crazy:

I just ran this lap clean with 220 gears ..

17.1 / 43.4 / 1'13.8 and took around a full second of my best save :sly:

I think I have just about reached my limit give or take a couple of tenths 👍

icemanshooter23
O' master rallyer, do you have any tips on the t2-t3 section? :D I can do sub 44's at T2 and even saw a 43.4 once but that's only because of the tarmac section. Even off of that I've yet to see even a low 1'15.

Early braking and throttle control is the key along with nice tight turns ... I take most of the tight section in 2nd gear and only gear up to 3rd when passing T3 :)

Thanks for the tips and new top speed setting, I now have 1'14.8 in best save :cool:

Don't think I can match that t3 of yours though :eek:

icemanshooter23

Here's my $0.02 ...

Cross T2 at full throttle, and watch for a particular tree on the right-hand side, which is the turn-in marker. Lift off and turn in, then back to full throttle, staying tight to the left. Brake early for the right, and set up for the next left, trying to keep momentum up, but not drifting too much. From the apex of the left, it's full throttle down to the lefthand hairpin. Brake early and swing the car around so that it's pointed toward the apex of the next right hairpin and get back in it. Lift off and turn in for the right hairpin, staying tight to the inside. It's really easy to loose time here by getting on the throttle to early, and pushing yourself wide.

I'm not really using throttle control (using the buttons on my DS2), just lifting off in a few places.

hi, managed

1'12.784

cool combo there, seen 16.89x T1 and 42.744 T2 in one lap but clipped a wall towards the end. using 210 gearing and 2nd gear for opening R-L, 4th for R, 4th for sweeping L, then 6th for fast R at 165km/h, 6th for fast left, 3rd for R-L, then switch to 4th as u jump over jump, then 2nd for the hairpin, and change to 3rd as u take the right, pass T3, and initially drift it in 3rd, then change to second momentarily and then back to 3rd as u exit the sweeping L, switch to 5th b4 the fast R, then take last corner in 5th, not really braking that much. time submitted

holl01
hi, managed

1'12.784

time submitted

Sure you didn't leave a little bone out there for the rest of us Dan? :lol:
Stunning splits as usual mate. 👍 Looks like the bar has been raised a few notches.

as i said earlier rallying in gt4 is not for me.
but i like participating in arc and being there in the matrix.
so i gave it one go. the times you probably can reach in reverse.
but i dont mind cos i wait for round 4 to compensate.
20.407 - 50.638 - 1.29.963
time submitted. i just hope saturday will come quickly.

holl01
hi, managed

1'12.784

Dan you are a freak :ill: .... does your GT4 game not require braking? :rolleyes:

Please tell me that you didn't jump the tar section just before T2? ..... I know I said all tar and dirt in play! but jumping the tar would be just unacceptable and something I forgot to put in the rules as I hoped no-one would even consider it?

If that T2 is all legit then top marks for sure 👍

@ holl01
Not Bat 👍

My best Run after 2 Hour of testing the Focus.

Best T1 : 0.16.641 :)
Best T3 : 1.13.4xx

laters
werner

Mr P
Please tell me that you didn't jump the tar section just before T2? ..... I know I said all tar and dirt in play! but jumping the tar would be just unacceptable and something I forgot to put in the rules as I hoped no-one would even consider it?

Scrap my suggestion about cutting as I tried it tonight and its hard as hell to judge let alone pull off! ..... I was obviously braking too much at the slow left turn on the tar and losing loads of momentum by T2 ... so far I have a 43.1 T2 but still no clean save better than last nights effort :crazy:

Mr P
Scrap my suggestion about cutting as I tried it tonight and its hard as hell to judge let alone pull off! ..... I was obviously braking too much at the slow left turn on the tar and losing loads of momentum by T2 ... so far I have a 43.1 T2 but still no clean save better than last nights effort :crazy:

:lol:

I dont even think the boys in BC cut, even though they could of if they wanted to.

I better get my arse into gear and get a time in!:dopey:

Small_Fryz
:lol:

I better get my arse into gear and get a time in!:dopey:

This combo is tons of fun Dion. Give it a try! 👍
I had a good second session last night. Although I won't be competing for a podium this week, I'm having more fun with this combo than last weeks' at LeSarthe. Although I am not that great at it, there's just something very satisfying about hooking up and nailing a turn in the dirt! :) And who knows, maybe I'll put it all together and pull out a decent lap.
Latest clean splits:

T1-17.300 (still haven't seen a 16.x :nervous: )
T2-43.634 (43.3 is best)
T3-1'14.222 (had a clean 1'13.7 then screwed up the end. :ouch: )

I hope to get in one final session b4 the deadline.........just 'cause it's so much fun!

Back