----------------------------------------
Citta di Aria HOTLAP
Arcade Lancia Delta Integrale Rally Car
0% power 296bhp
and -10 weight 1008kg
R5 Tyres (SS)
Any top speed setting

Save your best 'CLEAN' replay
100% No wall contacts at all or restart!

Feel free to discuss all sectors
'Do not discuss total laptime'
Please PM your final time to me before the deadline
Deadline = 12:00 noon GMT Saturday 20th May

-SCHEDULE-
ARCSchedule.jpg

here are my pathetic t's for this alleyway city'track' P-man has come up with.
must be able to gain lots of time because right after t1 and before finish i seem to stand still at times.
i drive it at rss/rs to get a hint of oversteer and at Vmax=220 which it (almost) reaches at the final stretch.

had a go and managed to pull off

using 220 top speed, it was a pretty insane finish, stayed in gear 5 and did the last uphill left at 125 km/h, just missing both walls by fractions of cm, and i just happened to do it on the best of best laps. time submitted;)

Great combo,what a ride,fast and lots of grip.👍

T1-35.385
T2-1'04.420

Need to go back though.
Last section was not so good.

Had a quick first go last night. Love the fact that you can get this car to pivot even on RSS tires. 👍
Not quite as fast as holl01, and BTW, 125km/h clean at the final kink is insane! :crazy:
I have been doing it at about 118, and getting about 153km/h at the line. But I am also using 230 gearing and short shifting a bit, so I took it in 4th.

T1: 34.068
T2: 1'00.114

Not ready to submit yet though. I think I can do a bit better and will give it at least one more shot. :)

yeah, it was insane like, i checked and it was actually 127-128, flukey indeed, hehe

I'd actually be interested to hear how you are doing the twisties between T1 and T2 Dan. Here's how I've managed to get my best run through there.
Enter the narrow section in 6th, slight stab of brakes, and down to 5th, then for the first real left, initiate a slight drift to pivot the backend in 4th. Stay in 4th to the first left hairpin, then again a slight pivoting drift down to 3rd. Then for the right, left, right, stay in 3rd and just lift slightly at each bend to get a pivot, and going up to 4th after the last bend and also trying to finish as close to the inside for the downhill jump so I don't nail the outside wall upon landing. :lol:

34.1/1'00.3 CRASH!

I dont think i can get a time in for this, but we will see. I'm leaving soon to go motorbike riding 1000km away! over the weekend.

MinorShunt
I'd actually be interested to hear how you are doing the twisties between T1 and T2 Dan. Here's how I've managed to get my best run through there.
Enter the narrow section in 6th, slight stab of brakes, and down to 5th, then for the first real left, initiate a slight drift to pivot the backend in 4th. Stay in 4th to the first left hairpin, then again a slight pivoting drift down to 3rd. Then for the right, left, right, stay in 3rd and just lift slightly at each bend to get a pivot, and going up to 4th after the last bend and also trying to finish as close to the inside for the downhill jump so I don't nail the outside wall upon landing. :lol:

ok, i am similar, i use 200 gearing (i think) and 6th gear is approaching the rev limiter as i turn in to the fast left, i brake as i am quite close to the inside wall, and down to 4th as i move to the right side to set up for the tricky left, which can be taken at around 105ish, i hug the inside wall severly on the little sweeping right, and for the next left, i take it at 70ish km/h, i dont touch the brakes again 4 a while, i just sort of half trhottle it around the right, change to 4th and take the left, and then hit 5th as u land from the downhill jump. in my best lap, i did that jump sweetly

33.9 :eek:
59.9 :eek:

I can't believe it was clean! Lost a little bit in the 2nd hairpin going wide, but otherwise it felt really good. You really know how to pick a combo, Ron :bowdown:

I'm using 280kph gearing, and doing about the same as Steve, just lifting through the twisty bits.

Sweet sectors guys 👍 I'm a bit behind on this one to be honest :P

Got my first real session on it last night and after 90 mins I got a clean save with 34.0 / 1'00.3xx .... seen 33.9 and 1'00.2 but dont think I will be getting anywhere near a 59 :( I settled on 240 autoset btw.

Thanks for the kind words regarding my combo selections Luke ;) I aim to please :P

Enjoy your weekend break Dion 👍

Laters all :cheers:

You're not that far behind Ron. :) And I'm with Luke. You sure know how to pick some sweet combos!
I put in about a half hour last night and pulled the most amazing final sector with a 1'00.3. Although I followed it up with a 59.9 t2 lap, I still couldn't beat that 1'00.3! :crazy: Too bad I couldn't bottle that final sector and pull it out when I need it. :lol:

Smokin' sectors there Luke. You are really cookin'! 👍
Thanks for the run thru holl01. I tried the 220 gearing you suggested, and liked it better than the 230 I used for first session.

i'm glad i was of use, yeah i used 220, seemed to work out well, gears suited most corners perfectly, best combo so far i think, eet sector times from u luxy, u certainly are a great gt driver, well done!

Thanks guys :sly: It's a nice ego boost to run two combos that suit me perfectly back to back. Gotta get the cobwebs off before BC :mischievous:

It's gonna be really close at the line this week :scared:

submitted because i cant seem to stay away from the walls.
i read dan's message to P on view selection. like P i too am used to the baby view. is it true that all fast drivers use inside view to race?

I use the Bumper Cam when I drive with the DFP, but the Chase Cam when I drive with a DS2.

This week especially, it's hard with a DS2/Chase Cam because you need to be so precise. Much, much easier to stay off the walls with a DFP and Bumper Cam.

Other weeks (like last week), DS2/Chase Cam can have an advantage because you can see more around the car when it's sideways, and the steering inputs are quicker. (I drove last week with my DFP, fwiw).

I have always driven behind car view :P ... not looking forward to going to the LAN meeting in Amsterdam 1 week from today and have them all laughing at my kiddie view racing :P

At the end of the day though ... It's whatever suits you best and kiddie view and a packet of crisps and an ice lolly has always worked for me ;)

Myself, in GT3 I used the bumper cam, and of course the DS2. But then with GT4 I started using the roof cam more and more to the point where it is all I use now. I like being a little higher for better vision and having the front fenders on either side of me. I feel I can judge the car position relative to the track better. I also use the DFP exclusively now. But Luke has an excellent point regarding chase cam for dirt rally. I can see where that view would be much better because of all the sideways action. 👍

But I wouldn't worry about the view you use too much Steven. Like Mr. P said, it's all about what you are comfortable with. TBH, the greatest improvement in consistency for me has been since I changed "where" I look as I'm driving. In racing school many years ago, one of the first things they taught was looking down track. Many people drive by looking just past the front of the car, and this is not correct. As my instructor said, at racing speeds, your brain can't process the information fast enough to react properly if you have your eyes glued to the front of the car. So we worked a lot on viewing down track, and letting your natural eye/hand abilities control the car by reflex.

I have found that the same technique works for GT4. Although my reflexes aren't quite as quick as when I was a younger man, I can make up for it to some extent by using down track vision. So if you are looking for a "secret" to improving, this is mine. :)

yeah, i found the bumper cam view best due to it being as close to the front of the car as possible, so u can judge the position of the 2 front wheels much better, or in rallying, u can judge the position of the bonnet/front of car the best. so hence, more precise driving.

We are off to a LAN meeting in Amsterdam this coming Friday and Kel decided this morning to drag me around the shops with her whilst she got some bits and bats :scared:

... 5 hours later and we are back :dopey: I will get onto the results for Round 7 after I have had me dinner ;)

Sorry again for another delay :indiff: feel free to blame the missus :sly:

Results from R7 and Round 8 race thread coming within the hour 👍

>ROUND 7 RESULTS<
arcr7results.jpg

Congrats to another win for Holl01 closely followed by Minorshunt in 2nd! .. Great race guys and so damn tight at the line :scared: 👍
Congrats to Luxy for filling out the podium with a great lap also ;) 👍
Well Done to everyone else who submitted a clean lap in this very tight combo :cheers:
Please upload replays before the results for the Final Round 👍
Cheers
Ron.

Here's my replay ..

Attachments

• Ron ARC IV Round 7 Lancia Delta @ Citta di Aria.max
    20.9 KB · Views: 4
Looks like its going to be an interesting last round battle between Sjaak and Niels at 95 points each :cool:

also 2 points seperate ac.cobra and Lotus350 👍

Good luck to all in the final race :cheers:

Thanks again for the race 👍 ,

Congrats to the winner and to Steve and Luke.:cheers:

pal:

Attachments

• Round 7 ARC 4.max
    26.3 KB · Views: 7
Congrats to everyone, who managed to keep this clean. :cheers:

Looking very interesting for the last round Sjaak. :D To bad Kel and Marc missed a race, otherwise with could have had a really great battle in the last round.

Unfortunately you're a huge favorite again. :scared: :nervous: But I'll do my best to keep you busy. :dopey:

My PAL replay:

Attachments

• NielsG ARC 7 Delta Integral@Citta 1.36.875 .max
    23 KB · Views: 4
Congrats on a good win holl01. 👍 I really wanted to catch you this time, but came up a bit short in the end. It looks like your great speed through the last chicane won out. Well done! Congrats to Luke for a very nice run also. :cheers:
See you all at the final race. :)

My replay.

Attachments

• ARCrace7minorshunt.max
    24.4 KB · Views: 6
Nice go,

To put the presure on my neck :lol:

Now I have you AND myself to keep me busy.damn ;)

Hey, nice time minor shunt:tup: and congrats to luxy for completing the podium, heres my replay

Attachments

• 26.066 arc 7.max
    25 KB · Views: 6
Back