Russian Invasion of Ukraine

• Thread starter Rage Racer
  • 9,990 comments
Alright, I believe you have enough experience of driving an armored vehicle on streets with traffic to assume that a Ukrainian Strela-10 driver would smash a car of a Ukrainian civilian only intentionally.

Or you assume he did it intentionally to be filmed and blame Russia for this?
Every bit of belittlement helps the invasion effort. I'm sure Putin, or whatever lowly minion reads these discussions, is very proud of your contribution.

Alright, I believe you have enough experience of driving an armored vehicle on streets with traffic to assume that a Ukrainian Strela-10 driver would smash a car of a Ukrainian civilian only intentionally.

Or you assume he did it intentionally to be filmed and blame Russia for this?
Just to be clear, Russia is to blame for this, well Pootin is but sadly for you he does it under your flag and in your name.
Maybe not trying to find excuses for him might be better for you.

It's an all but empty street, it drives in a straight line and as a cars passes it suddenly steers.

Honk Honk.
So why do you think Ukrainian army servicemen would intentionally smash cars of their own people? Are you guys into Putin's propaganda?
Every bit of belittlement helps the invasion effort.
And it's a reason to believe false claims as long as they help demonizing the Russians, right?

Just Russia casually threatening other countries if they join NATO:

Bold of them to threaten Sweden. They're just going to go full Viking and drive a fleet of old Volvos blaring death metal while Saabs bomb the hell out of them from overhead. Finland will just cut off their supply of vodka to Russia and then go sit in a sauna.

But ya, I don't think Putin learned anything from presumably having a history class. If you spread your forces too thin, you're going to get steamrolled. I don't know about Finland, but Sweden has better military hardware than Ukraine along with much tougher terrain even though their force is likely smaller in number. They can also cut off the Baltic Sea (along with Finland) and cripple St. Petersburg and Kaliningrad. I know Sweden is neutral when it comes to military matters though so it doesn't really have allies to lean on, but I'd have to imagine if Putin starts waving his little willy around in Europe too much that's going to change.

Looks like Putin is stating that he is not fighting the Ukrainian Army but instead, "Ukrainian Nationalists". I'm guessing no Nationalists are part of the army then.

Last edited:
Bold of them to threaten Sweden. They're just going to go full Viking and drive a fleet of old Volvos blaring death metal while Saabs bomb the hell out of them from overhead. Finland will just cut off their supply of vodka to Russia and then go sit in a sauna.

But ya, I don't think Putin learned anything from presumably having a history class. If you spread your forces too thin, you're going to get steamrolled. I don't know about Finland, but Sweden has better military hardware than Ukraine along with much tougher terrain even though their force is likely smaller in number. They can also cut off the Baltic Sea (along with Finland) and cripple St. Petersburg and Kaliningrad. I know Sweden is neutral when it comes to military matters though so it doesn't really have allies to lean on, but I'd have to imagine if Putin starts waving his little willy around in Europe too much that's going to change.
All this talk online about the 'Ghost of Kyiv'.

Bout to witness the 'Ghost of The White Death'.

Edit* German Chancellor was against this yesterday. Possible change of tune if Russia is threatening other European nations?

Last edited:
The USA can set off as many nukes as it wants in order to 'threaten' Russia, but unless Russia believes the USA will risk its own obliteration, it knows they won't use them - that's the deterrent - mutually assured destruction. The deterrent isn't to imply "better do what we say or we'll nuke you...", which is how 'power politics' sounds to me.
Testing strike capability is hardly the same as setting off nukes. Like I said, you don’t need to detonate a nuclear warhead in order to simulate an ICBM carrying a warhead.

Deterrence is not telling others what to do, but to demonstrate what will happen if they do. That is an aspect of power politics, and it would be strategically wise to return the unmistakable threat NATO received yesterday. That’s why the Cold War remained cold, because both sides deterred each other with the threat of mutually assured destruction. Partly from nuclear buildup, and partly through rhetorics and drills.

I struggle to understand why you are against NATO conducting tests. That’s how armies stay prepared to protect its people. Now is obviously an ideal time to carry them out.

All this talk online about the 'Ghost of Kyiv'.

Bout to witness the 'Ghost of The White Death'.
I just looked up the "Ghost of Kyiv". Dude's out there being the real-life Maverick, I just hope he gets into a 4G inverted dive while "communicating" at about 2 meters.

danger zone fx GIF

Does Russia have social credit scores? That would explain a lot.
I believe that's where windows, poisons, and gulags come into play. If you don't want to be thrown out of a window, have your tea spiked Novichok, or sent to Siberia, you buy into the propaganda.

Remember: there's an infowar also going on. Propaganda, disinformation and misinterpretation are coming from ALL sides. Use critical thinking and maintain informational hygiene.
I did specifically say 'apparently' because I'm very aware that it's virtually impossible to verify most of such things we see when presented like this, and I could actually buy that it was an accident... but let's not loose sight of the context here... infowar or not, Russia has invaded another country - you can surely appreciate why they don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
He’s stupid enough to invade Ukraine
You say he's stupid enough to invade but also suggest that if NATO decides to intervene...

Sounds like he was pretty smart to invade Ukraine to me.

In time Ukraine tried to enter into NATO if you remember, and Russia was not happy at all.
Let's be clear here: Ukraine didn't simply "try" to enter NATO and the EU. NATO and the EU have actively been recruiting Ukraine to join them for decades. They've been trying to bring Ukraine under their influence and away from Russia which is one of the core reasons Russia is retaliating right now. NATO and the EU's actions on this are a major direct cause of this conflict. Both the West and Russia are guilty of escalating this situation and have been for at least 20 years.

Just Russia casually threatening other countries if they join NATO:

I also don't think this is new and is expected. There is precisely one reason Sweden and Finland haven't been members of NATO since Day 1 and it's Russia. The idea of either country joining has long been viewed as an extreme escalation that would provoke Russia. What's happening in Ukraine right now is a trial run for what happens if NATO and/or Sweden and Finland make efforts to join together. Russia said they didn't want Ukraine messing with another guy and buddy they weren't joking.

A lot of people are viewing NATO as the holy grail of right or wrong, refusing to view it from a strategic perspective. Everything NATO has ever done to expand has been an escalation with Russia, plain and simple. It took about 70 years, an entire cold war, and multiple wars and conflicts around the world, but we found the breaking point on European soil. The way Russia view's NATO's expansion efforts is exactly how the US views the China vs Taiwan situation.

Last edited:
Dmitry Rogozin making threats in response to the sanctions. Interesting line about possibly dropping on... China.
“If you block cooperation with us, who will save the ISS from uncontrolled deorbiting and falling into the United States,” Rogozin wrote in a genuinely unhinged Twitter rant on Thursday.

He also appeared to threaten several other countries, just for good measure.

“There is also the option of dropping a 500-ton structure to India and China,” he wrote. “Do you want to threaten them with such a prospect? The ISS does not fly over Russia, so all the risks are yours. Are you ready for them?”

Last edited:
First photo shows a Buk SAM launcher in Ukrainian camoflage ("digital" beige spots) and no Z/V/other markings. Friendly fire or wrong photo?
Your pro Putin right? Cards on table.

To be clear i have heard that Russian Putinazi soldiers are taking Ukrainian tanks etc and even uniforms.
If so then that is at least a reason why we could be seeing Ukrainian vehicles like that tank running over cars.

Apparently tank was taken by Putinazi's and then attacked by Ukraine soldiers hence why it veered off the road.

I get that there is disinformation, there ws in WW2, but from my angle I am totally utterly all in against Putin.

Don't believe a word he says or his War machine and his yes men.

Not sure why you'd not condemn Putin, rather than you know try to make a point he's doing nothing wrong and its all lies.....
I'm sure he doesn't frequent GTPlanet.
He won't get you little comrade...

Whoever that was on Snake Island that told their attackers to go non-AUP friendly term themselves when staring down certain death
Salute GIF by CBS
Snoop Dogg Gangsta GIF by moodman

I mean it's little wonder why there were only 12 of them on the island, they needed all that extra space for the size of their cojones. Hopefully, they get to feast in Valhalla since they died like warriors.

China State Banks Restrict Financing for Russian Commodities​

The curbs highlight the difficult balancing act facing China’s biggest financial institutions and the nation’s president, Xi Jinping. While Russia is a major energy supplier to China and the countries often find themselves aligned in geopolitical disputes with the U.S., Russia’s economic weight pales in comparison to Western nations that buy many of China’s exports and control its access to the dollar-dominated international financial system.

China’s four largest banks have complied with previous U.S. sanctions against Iran, North Korea and even top officials in Hong Kong because they need access to the U.S. dollar clearing system, a person familiar with the matter said. In a phone call with Vladimir Putin on Friday, Xi urged the Russian leader to negotiate with Ukraine to defuse tensions.

Edit* Bloomberg's site may not like the direct linking.

Last edited:
Demonizing an invading army bombing hospitals to achieve its de-nazification goals and now threatening potential NATO applicants who are only applying because their eastern neighbor continues to not be trustworthy?

Say it ain't so.
I did NOT excuse this invasion in this post where I only noted about a mistakenly indentified vehicle.
But it seems like some people are just not interested to be unbiased and think critically.

Your pro Putin right? Cards on table.
No, I am NOT. I condemn this dementious old man for starting this bloody mess.

But since you're not only calling a SAM launcher vehicle a tank but also making up ridiculous explanations for what could easliy be an accidental driving mistake of a Ukrainian soldier, I am not interested in a dialogue with you, sorry.

THE HORROR.

No Eurovision Songfestival for Russia this year!
That's good news, no irony.
I hope Russia gets permanently banned from this political freak show. I don't know why were we still taking part in it for the recent years.

Roman Abramovich daughter is very very brave...........

Quite bizarre really considering how close her Dad is to Putin.... nuts.
At least she isn't trying to fog forums with counter arguments for why Putin is a Messiah....like the Russian bots.

NQewoEyH.jpg

You say he's stupid enough to invade but also suggest that if NATO decides to intervene...

Sounds like he was pretty smart to invade Ukraine to me.

Let's be clear here: Ukraine didn't simply "try" to enter NATO and the EU. NATO and the EU have actively been recruiting Ukraine to join them for decades. They've been trying to bring Ukraine under their influence and away from Russia which is one of the core reasons Russia is retaliating right now. NATO and the EU's actions on this are a major direct cause of this conflict. Both the West and Russia are guilty of escalating this situation and have been for at least 20 years.

I also don't think this is new and is expected. There is precisely one reason Sweden and Finland haven't been members of NATO since Day 1 and it's Russia. The idea of either country joining has long been viewed as an extreme escalation that would provoke Russia. What's happening in Ukraine right now is a trial run for what happens if NATO and/or Sweden and Finland make efforts to join together. Russia said they didn't want Ukraine messing with another guy and buddy they weren't joking.

A lot of people are viewing NATO as the holy grail of right or wrong, refusing to view it from a strategic perspective. Everything NATO has ever done to expand has been an escalation with Russia, plain and simple. It took about 70 years, an entire cold war, and multiple wars and conflicts around the world, but we found the breaking point on European soil. The way Russia view's NATO's expansion efforts is exactly how the US views the China vs Taiwan situation.

If Putin takes and holds Ukraine (very unlikely) he will have the NATO border he didn't want to. And he just added Finland and Sweden to NATO, and every NATO country will buff their defense budgets to sky high levels. All while the economy will suffer in Russia..

Tell me again.. smart... how?

Back