RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
I think peoples driving styles and abilities have a huge impact on these cars. The 4wd cars I've tested seem very easy for me to get in the 1:34-1:35 range while I've struggled to get FR and MR cars into that same time range.
This may be a case where some cars will exhibit outstanding performance when driven by very good drivers and have very poor times when driven by more average drivers.

Agreed im doing Great with 4WD compared to FR/MR

I think peoples driving styles and abilities have a huge impact on these cars. The 4wd cars I've tested seem very easy for me to get in the 1:34-1:35 range while I've struggled to get FR and MR cars into that same time range.
This may be a case where some cars will exhibit outstanding performance when driven by very good drivers and have very poor times when driven by more average drivers.

I tried a few different cars of various drivetrains, and AWD was the slowest. I tested the cars with builds only.

Odd my 4WD cars are much much faster

The evora with parts only was doing 1:30-1:31's. AWD was about 1-1.5 seconds slower for me. They were easier to drive, but for me they didn't carry enough corner speed. I am using a DS3 and my driving is average at best.

In for driving if you'll have me. :) Last time I did this I had a decent jump in skill so I am all for more of that! Plus it looks like I will get some top tunes for some of my favorite cars. 👍

Just took an absolute monster for a drive. Posted my best time by less than a tenth. Problem is the cars not broke in yet and I'm not sure that I can keep it at 525PP after break in. May have to change its build to bring its unlimited PP down and not sure how that will effect its performance.
Makes me want to unleash it slap some RS tires on it and see how fast I can do Nürburgring though:D :crazy:

Is there going to be a limit on tunes?
I'd actually like to make a car this time if possible.

Is there going to be a limit on tunes?
I'd actually like to make a car this time if possible.
Not that Dylan has said. So get Onboy to add you to the tuner list, and welcome aboard.

Hmmm, Z4 M's at 1:30.7, but it's an ancient tune and far too understeery for this power level and track combination. Don't see it catching an Evora, though...

SlipZtrEm
Hmmm, Z4 M's at 1:30.7, but it's an ancient tune and far too understeery for this power level and track combination. Don't see it catching an Evora, though...

We should chat a bit, I got one running the same times (1:30's) but it's oversteery o_O

I was doing the same with a TVR Tamora. I tested 6 cars, nothing came close to the Evora.

For the moment the fastest car for me is the S4 '03. Fast easy fun to drive. The evora have the potential to be fastest as the audi but just a few and it's more dificult to control (for me) even with a G27.
The Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic ’07 is also a fast car. As fast as S4.
Will review BMW tomorrow.

For the moment the fastest car for me is the S4 '03. Fast easy fun to drive. The evora have the potential to be fastest as the audi but just a few and it's more dificult to control (for me) even with a G27.
The Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic ’07 is also a fast car. As fast as S4.
Will review BMW tomorrow.

The Evora started out as a handful, but once you get it dialed in it is easy to drive.

The Evora started out as a handful, but once you get it dialed in it is easy to drive.

I've heard the same thing said about clios and still can't tune or drive either one worth a damn.

Or…in the case of MFT, you make the wild car even more bonkers by poking it with a stick, then have it scare the life out of the poor souls with a DS3 and blame them for not having a wheel. :lol:

I've heard the same thing said about clios and still can't tune or drive either one worth a damn.
Practice, practice, practice. Just need to give it time.
Or…in the case of MFT, you make the wild car even more bonkers by poking it with a stick, then have it scare the life out of the poor souls with a DS3 and blame them for not having a wheel. :lol:
You could go that route with it too lol.

while I'm not in this(trying for sub 7 at the 'ring). I was able to do a .29.7xx in my M3 GTR gears are all wrong. good luck to you all!! love all your tunes(zero a little bit more:lol: )

while I'm not in this(trying for sub 7 at the 'ring). I was able to do a .29.7xx in my M3 GTR gears are all wrong. good luck to you all!! love all your tunes(zero a little bit more:lol: )

Thanks! You always have been very supportive of the team, and I appreciate it. I am going to send you the Evora later, let me know what you think of her.

Hey indy why don't you jump in this? We can always use more tuners or drivers.

I'll think about it, not a tuner have my problems with setting up gears. the M3 may be my at tuning for awhile

Whoever said you have to be a tuner? You could just be a tester! You get paid to drive fantastic cars and to write about it! Win-win :D

I'd like to join up. I'm new at tuning for myself and I'm probably not the best driver so it's hard to compare times. I just got a BMW Concept 1 series tii to 1:32.000 in a about an hours worth of tuning and testing. Am I close enough to keep trying here, or am I way out of my league?

I'd like to join up. I'm new at tuning for myself and I'm probably not the best driver so it's hard to compare times. I just got a BMW Concept 1 series tii to 1:32.000 in a about an hours worth of tuning and testing. Am I close enough to keep trying here, or am I way out of my league?
For drivers its not a direct competition between them. The drivers test all the cars and post their times and possibly a short review for them the winning car is determined by the average of all the drivers times. As long as you can make green laps with the cars it doesn't matter how fast you are in comparison to the other drivers.
On the tuning side you simply pick a car and give it what you feel is the best possible tune you can give it. After that its all up to the drivers to run the hot laps and tell you how good(or bad) your car and its tune is.

Last edited:
For drivers its not a direct competition between them. The drivers test all the cars and post their times and possibly a short review for them the winning car is determined by the average of all the drivers times. As long as you can make green laps with the cars it doesn't matter how fast you are in comparison to the other drivers.
On the tuning side you simply pick a car and give it what you feel is the best possible tune you can give it. After that its all up to the drivers to run the hot laps and tell you how good(or bad) your cat and its tune is.
Cat? We can tune cats now! <insert cheap gag about cats>

Sure I'll drive I'm a DS3 user too :sly: just FR me and tag it as gtplanet test pilot/driver
INDY_RACERFAN

Last edited:
Back