RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
I think I'll try joining this as a tester - if you don't mind a DS3-using, auto-shifting, average driver :)

Is post #2 gonna be kept up to date with all the tunes?

I've tried a Ferrari, an Aston Martin, an Audi, 2 BMW's, and have another Ferrari I'm going to try, so far a BMW is fastest, but the Audi is incredible to drive, especially with a pretty wild tune I have on it.
Guess I'll have to try that Evora I was thinking about. My current best is 1:28.1xx in a BMW, 1:28.5 in the Audi.
Are there going to be limits on amount of times the same car can be used?

Tuner or tester? Choose wisely…
Tuner. :D

I've tried a Ferrari, an Aston Martin, an Audi, 2 BMW's, and have another Ferrari I'm going to try, so far a BMW is fastest, but the Audi is incredible to drive, especially with a pretty wild tune I have on it.
Guess I'll have to try that Evora I was thinking about. My current best is 1:28.1xx in a BMW, 1:28.5 in the Audi.
Are there going to be limits on amount of times the same car can be used?

Tuner. :D

With your driving and your tuning I could see low 1:27's or a high 1:26 even. My high 1:27 is my limit. It would take a lot of laps to improve it. I average low 1:28's.

Put me down as a tuner , im a rank amateur but why not :D .

As someone said the Z4 M sounds good so does a CTR2.

Does the car have to be tuned online or offline ? I didnt see the ruling on that.

Got my hands on the HPA Stage II R32. It was a 0/0 car so still needs breaking in. Changed the oil and made my modifications to the car. Headed over to Laguna Seca and after only rudimentary tuning adjustments mainly to get it down to 525PP I hit the track. On only my second lap took 3 thousandths off my best time...think with a bit more tuning your all in trouble!:crazy::sly::bowdown:

That said…it is Wallbanger driving :lol: so it could just be him getting better, not the car :D

Wonder when we can start claiming the same about you funny boi!:D

Don't make me put you back in the German tank with the brakes set to 0/0.:eek::crazy::lol:

Lol through constructive criticism and on topic discussions like these :lol:

Hey my Panzer is a legitimate possibility for this shootout...don't know what Onboy is going on about though.:D

Looks like I'll be entering a BMW M3 CSL '03.

1:28.014 in a couple laps, 1:28.9xx on my second lap with a DS3.

I have a nice tune on an M3, NSX and Vanquish, but their quite specific to my driving style... I'm happy to enter as a tester though, so long as the testing is done before 19th August :)

PS I use a G27

CSLACR
Looks like I'll be entering a BMW M3 CSL '03.

1:28.014 in a couple laps, 1:28.9xx on my second lap with a DS3.

I thought someone would enter one of those. :D Looking forward to that and the others once they are fleshed out. Gonna go spend some time with the LS enduro to get myself familiar with the track...and go find some replays from the Challenger WRS week. :mischievous:

Consider me in. I'll let the other boys from GME decide if they want to enter aswell but I'll be in for sure. 👍

ROFL, my first test will be a CSL also. Let's see what I can come up with though lol.

I'll try to get you a few more cars to test, maybe a M3 GTR? A M coupe? Lanica Stratos? Lamborghini Countach?

I'll try to get you a few more cars to test, maybe a M3 GTR? A M coupe? Lanica Stratos? Lamborghini Countach?

So far, I've tested the CSL (Fail), 512BB (Fail), Audi S4 '98 (Somewhat Pass), Hommell Berlinette R/S (Fail), Mercedes C63 AMG (Somewhat Pass), Lotus Esprit (Fail), Ginetta G4 (Fail) and the E-Type Jag (Fail).

Coming up are, among others: Audi RS6 Avant '08, Lamborgini Countach (Both models), some of the older Alfa Romeos. But yes, suggestions are welcome.

So far, I've tested the CSL (Fail), 512BB (Fail), Audi S4 '98 (Somewhat Pass), Hommell Berlinette R/S (Fail), Mercedes C63 AMG (Somewhat Pass), Lotus Esprit (Fail), Ginetta G4 (Fail) and the E-Type Jag (Fail).

Coming up are, among others: Audi RS6 Avant '08, Lamborgini Countach (Both models), some of the older Alfa Romeos. But yes, suggestions are welcome.

Try the '03 S4, nice big chunky V8 parked up front, lots and lots of grunt. Although we were running the cars with heavy restrictions, the '03 battered the '98. For what it's worth, I prefer the look of the '98...

{Cy}

EDIT: - I've got on '03 if you want it, relatively untouched...

The RS6 Avant '08 is a nice car but you have to either severally limit the upgrades or run with nearly full ballast and max power limiter to keep it at 525PP. I tested one, which is now set up to do time attack on Nürburgring, and fully modified it leaving out only the wing and chassis reinforcement. With something like 198 kg ballast I had the engine power limited down to 53% and it was brand new and hadn't been broken in yet.

Back