S.N.A.I.L. Endurance Series - Inactive

• Thread starter dabneyd
  • 361 comments
That was a fun race. Ken and I were on different strategys. I did a 2 stop he did a 1 stop which made it really interesting. After my first stop I was 45 seconds back and closed about 15 seconds before he stopped then once he stopped I was 38 seconds in the lead and he closed on me down to 30 seconds and then I came out 10 seconds behind him after my final stop. Even though I was faster at the end it took quite a bit of effort to keep pushing but not make a mistake. A few times I though I was going to go wide at places where the penalties were and somehow got lucky and didn't go off. All in all I enjoyed the race and the series and can't wait for the next one. Only thing I didn't like was the first week my internet not working and missing the race.

That was a fun race. Ken and I were on different strategys. I did a 2 stop he did a 1 stop which made it really interesting. After my first stop I was 45 seconds back and closed about 15 seconds before he stopped then once he stopped I was 38 seconds in the lead and he closed on me down to 30 seconds and then I came out 10 seconds behind him after my final stop. Even though I was faster at the end it took quite a bit of effort to keep pushing but not make a mistake. A few times I though I was going to go wide at places where the penalties were and somehow got lucky and didn't go off. All in all I enjoyed the race and the series and can't wait for the next one. Only thing I didn't like was the first week my internet not working and missing the race.

Still trying to figure out how these tires wear since the update. When you pitted I still had plenty of tire left. But once they hit half way on tire wear they really lose grip. I knew then I would be in trouble. Really couldn't pit on lap 28 and make it a one pit or two pit stop strategy at that point. So had to make the one pit stop work. Had to wait about 12 to 15 seconds on fuel. I was hoping when you came out on your last pit stop I would be 20 to 25 seconds ahead. But when you came out and I was only 10 seconds ahead I knew that you would catch me at that point. Would use the 2 pit stop strategy if had to do over. Very good race and had a great time..

So, there are roughly a zillion various GT500 cars available, both standard and premium. How about GT500 cars from 2000-2008 up to 600PP? I thought about the idea of a Hybrid TC challenge, but I know the prevailing opinion on FF's.

Last edited:
So, there are roughly a zillion various GT500 cars available, both standard and premium. How about GT500 cars from 2000-2008 up to 600PP? I thought about the idea of a Hybrid TC challenge, but I know the prevailing opinion on FF's.

There's an option when setting up a room to limit based on car type, not sure if the GT500 option includes all the cars that are available. I used it a few times quite a while ago and if I remember correctly it did exclude some cars I though would fit.

GT500 cars would be fun 👍

moutonguerrier
I was wondering if there's going to be a new friday series, what's next admins? :)

Same here, are we gonna go with the GT500 cars? What tracks should we run?

I was wondering if there's going to be a new friday series, what's next admins? :)

Same here, are we gonna go with the GT500 cars? What tracks should we run?

Sorry, I should have updated this sooner. Yes, we are doing GT500 cars 2000-2008 up to 595PP. We're not going to do the same tracks. I'm updating the OP now.

Edit: OP updated. Look ok to everyone? I'm also going to update the points and standings after the last two races. Sorry I'm lazy about updating that...

Last edited:
dabneyd
Sorry, I should have updated this sooner. Yes, we are doing GT500 cars 2000-2008 up to 595PP. We're not going to do the same tracks. I'm updating the OP now.

Edit: OP updated. Look ok to everyone? I'm also going to update the points and standings after the last two races. Sorry I'm lazy about updating that...

Looking at the gt500 cars that I have I think they will be more than 595 once broken in. Do you want them restricted down to that or do we have to find one that is below that broken in?

Looking at the gt500 cars that I have I think they will be more than 595 once broken in. Do you want them restricted down to that or do we have to find one that is below that broken in?

I'm not 100% set on 595, it might be 600, but either way we'll be doing engine limiting. I picked 595 because there are a few cars that are just under 595, and I want everyone to hopefully have a different car. I think there's enough.

I'm not 100% set on 595, it might be 600, but either way we'll be doing engine limiting. I picked 595 because there are a few cars that are just under 595, and I want everyone to hopefully have a different car. I think there's enough.

That sounds good around 595. Any chance you'll let the HSV in(I know it's from 2011, but it's such a great car)?

So I've broken in a few cars and at least 2 of them that started under 595 are far enough over that I'd have to restrict them over the 10% to make 595. One was at 13% to make 595. I have a few cars I can run but I'm just wondering if there will be enough different cars at that PP.

Last edited:
So I've broken in a few cars and at least 2 of them that started under 595 are far enough over that I'd have to restrict them over the 10% to make 595. One was at 13% to make 595. I have a few cars I can run but I'm just wondering if there will be enough different cars at that PP.

Which ones? I'm guessing they're '08 models... I picked 595 because there are a lot more standard model GT500 cars, and most of them are under 595.

dabneyd
Which ones? I'm guessing they're '08 models... I picked 595 because there are a lot more standard model GT500 cars, and most of them are under 595.

I tried to lower the pp on one of the Premium GTR's that was broke in and I think it was more than 10% to get it to 595. Also just wanted to ask again if you were going to let the HSV in even though its from 2011.

I tried to lower the pp on one of the Premium GTR's that was broke in and I think it was more than 10% to get it to 595. Also just wanted to ask again if you were going to let the HSV in even though its from 2011.

I want there to be some variety of cars on track, not everyone in an '08 GT-R. Plus there are two other '08 GT-R's that should make the regs. No to the HSV, sorry.

I want there to be some variety of cars on track, not everyone in an '08 GT-R. Plus there are two other '08 GT-R's that should make the regs. No to the HSV, sorry.

I wasn't implying that we should all use the '08 GTR's, it's just what I had on hand to test out the pp. Not a problem either that we can't run the HSV, just thought I'd ask as that was my first choice. Instead I'll take the Lexus Petronas Tom's SC430 '08.

I'll be there tonight! Don't know what car yet. It'll be a last minute choice.
See ya later!

Here's the list of what cars I have and what pp they're at broken in and what they are at 10%:

Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z '06 pp 624 10% 611
Toyota Yellow Hat YMS Supra '05 pp 587
Honda Arta NSX '00 pp 611 10% 597
Nissan Pennzoil Zexel GT-R '01 pp 591

Not broken in I have:

Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R '08 pp 590
Honda Raybrig NSX '06 pp 598
Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R '03 pp 598
Nissan Motul Pitwork Z '04 pp 594

Just looking at what happened to the cars I broke in I'm guessing there's one at best that will make it under the the 595 at 10%. I'm thinking either make it 600 or allow 15%. If you want it to stay the same that's fine I just think it limits the number of cars to chose from.

Just looking at what happened to the cars I broke in I'm guessing there's one at best that will make it under the the 595 at 10%. I'm thinking either make it 600 or allow 15%. If you want it to stay the same that's fine I just think it limits the number of cars to chose from.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but standard cars don't need to be broken in. Once you change the oil on a 0 mile standard car, it's at its full power, right? Either way, we'll go with 600PP and the same 10% limit. Don't everyone show up in an '08 GT-R, or in a Stealth model please.

dabneyd
Correct me if I'm wrong, but standard cars don't need to be broken in. Once you change the oil on a 0 mile standard car, it's at its full power, right? Either way, we'll go with 600PP and the same 10% limit. Don't everyone show up in an '08 GT-R, or in a Stealth model please.

Do they have to be standard cars? That might be my mistake. I have a few premiums.

Do they have to be standard cars? That might be my mistake. I have a few premiums.

No, they don't have to be standard models. I know that the premium cars are more available, but as I've said, I want some variety, not just '08 models.

Hey Dabney,

I'm not going to be racing tonight :( I was however racing today :)

Took a Go Kart Course, seriously good fun! Might have to buy one now!

kcheeb
Hey Dabney,

I'm not going to be racing tonight :( I was however racing today :)

Took a Go Kart Course, seriously good fun! Might have to buy one now!

Awesome!!!! Where'd you take the course? Karting is a great way to go racing for not much money. Been around karting for about 17 years so if you have any questions in the area feel free to ask.

Lexus Petronas Tom's SC430 '08
- oil change
- 315.8 Miles
- 98.7% Power
- 497 HP
- 595 PP

A little down own power compared to the NSX above, but in my experience the NSX is a little harder to drive. So I don't think I should have to many problems keeping up. Plus I think it looks great in the Petronas livery.

Awesome!!!! Where'd you take the course? Karting is a great way to go racing for not much money. Been around karting for about 17 years so if you have any questions in the area feel free to ask.

I took it at Allen Berg Racing School.

They had three different types of Kart there, standard 6.5 HP Honda 4 Stroke, ? HP 4 Stroke Racing engine and a Rotax.

Mostly drove the Racing 4 Stroke, 82 mph top end and get's there quick, you can feel it accelerate out of the corners.

Did two stints in the 6.5 HP Honda, took me back to '82 when I had one, carry momentum :) Coldn't really feel the acceleration but you could corner as good as the Racing 4 Stroke Kart.

Couldn't get my butt into the seat of the Rotax so I didn't get to drive it, but my brother and brother in law did and there eyes were very large at the end of the run 👍 Serious get up and go.

Raybrig NSX
oil change, 629km, oil change, 100% power, 593 pp and 511 hp

Lexus Petronas Tom's SC430 '08
- oil change
- 315.8 Miles
- 98.7% Power
- 497 HP
- 595 PP

A little down own power compared to the NSX above, but in my experience the NSX is a little harder to drive. So I don't think I should have to many problems keeping up. Plus I think it looks great in the Petronas livery.

I put it up to 600PP earlier, but I'm revising that (again), it will be 595PP with no more than 15% engine limiting. See you guys soon.

dabneyd
I put it up to 600PP earlier, but I'm revising that (again), it will be 595PP with no more than 15% engine limiting. See you guys soon.

Lol. Sorry for the trouble.

Back