Scavenger Hunt Week 12 - check post 1 for details.

• Thread starter Boz Mon
  • 946 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my V10

And ive seen at least 3 X5's with vanity plates. I just couldnt catch them because they are always in the oncomming lane. I guess i'll go look for more tomorrow since the deadline is tuesday

I've got to stop reading this thread. Nobody around here buys interesting cars. :mad:

I keep forgetting about this and I really shouldn't I could have easily won some of the categories if I tried. Oh well, there is always next time. I'm done with the touristy stuff of Oxford and I'm heading into London next week, I think I'm going to walk about Kensington like TM told me to do.

Alright, i have a pic of a VW Phaeton, but it's the crappiest picture ever. I took it from ground level, looking down at a garage, and there's a gold Merc next to it. I'm going to try and clear it a bit in Photoshop, though.

PS: Phaetons have V10 engines, right?

I also got me a Land Rover Freelander 2 i6 HSE.... they are crappy priced! :ouch: I thought it'd be more expensive.

Alright, i have a pic of a VW Phaeton, but it's the crappiest picture ever. I took it from ground level, looking down at a garage, and there's a gold Merc next to it. I'm going to try and clear it a bit in Photoshop, though.

PS: Phaetons have V10 engines, right?

There are V10 Phaetons, but there are also V6 (petrol and diesel), V8 and W12 models.

V10 is a 5.0 litre.

I could have easily won some of the categories if I tried.

To be honest, i think almost anybody on this forum could win if they really tried. If we were all as devoted as Doug, this thread would be so much more competitive. :)

Don't think none of us are really trying. I've scouted many areas where I've seen V10 cars previously, but I haven't been able to find any yet. I'm scouting one final one tomorrow before work. The problem is that work itself takes about 2/3 of my day, while the rest of the time I have to do other stuff like walk the dog (I take my camera on that) and drive from here to there, to which I also take the camera, although it's not really easy or safe to shoot pics while driving.

There are places where I could maybe find some of these cars, but they're too much out of my way and takes too much out of my day... that doesn't mean I'm not trying. I pretty much dismiss the chance of winning every week, especially since Doug has billions of pics and photo-op places; yet I rely on winning one point here, another there and so on.-

My shots that won me last week were all taken on a run with the MX5OC which, for a change, I happened to be the passenger/navigator rather than the driver.

Okay folks, here you all go. In addition to the point I have already received for my X5 with X5-unrelated vanity plate, I offer you...

TWINS:
scavenger-070707-2.jpg

scavenger-070707.jpg

This is seven - yes, seven - Dodge Ram Wagons parked in close proximity, with no non-Ram Wagons in between. Booyeah.

MOST EXPENSIVE FORD:
v8_vantage-070907.jpg

Ugh!!! Tomorrow I will see an Aston-Martin DB9, as I always do on weekdays during lunch, however I forgot to check today and by the time I get home from work tomorrow it'll be too late to post the photo. So a V8 Vantage will have to do, though I'm not happy about it, since the relatively common DB9 could trump this no problem.

V10s
gallardo_spyder-070907-2.jpg

gallardo-070707-4.jpg

scavenger-070807.jpg

scavenger-070507-3.jpg

scavenger-070607.jpg

scavenger-070407-2.jpg

scavenger-070407.jpg

I wanted ten V-10s, and I would probably get it if I wasn't working tomorrow and thus could not be back in time to submit photos. So seven will have to do. Note the license plates on the two different white M5s; they are NOT the same vehicle as is apparent.

And once again, a reminder...

scavenger-070507.jpg

I was going to make a post with all my photos in it, but sod it. Doug obviously wins, anyway.

Mine are around, anyway. In the past couple pages.

I'll still post mine tonight... I can still make the French car... maybe, hopefuly :) Oh, I also have an X5 with unrelated to the X5 vanity plates... as long as 5273 BPK stands for something... 💡

Doug, are those Rams school buses or something? For the record, I've seen about 3 V10 cars in the 3 years I've spent here: a VW Phaeton (which I'm not sure if it's a V10), a Touareg V10 TDI and a Ford Excursion... yeah, an Excursion! I scouted my last hopeful place here this morning to see if the Excursion was there, but no such luck... such is life.

The Ram Vans are pretty common vehicles in the states, especially with churches and whatnot.

Oh well, I'll just post my findings regardless:

1. Most expensive car ultimately produced with Ford money

Land Rover Freelander 2... just about 32,000 quid

2. Fastest French car

Renault Megane F1 Team R26 230... Famine posted the tops speed some pages back. I think it's 149 mph.-

3. Twins!

Five Seat Cordoba, same year, same model, different colours, parked. The last one is also a Seat, but I think it's an Ibiza.

A few more, as I drove onwards.

... and one is crashed ;)

4. V10s.

Fat chance :indiff:

Bonus vehicle: BMW X5

Many X5s

only one with a vanity plate... :lol:

Expensive Ford
Nope :(
Although there is a 16 year old Ford Orion parked opposite. I could take its photo... Oh, look there it is down there....

Fastest French

Forgot to take a photo earlier, so here's one from my window
100_1454%20(Small).JPG

That's a 1998 3.0 litre V6... what do you mean? You know? :dopey:

Twins

5 5 series
100_1447%20(Small).JPG

V10
Nope :(

X5 with private plate
100_1448%20(Small).JPG

Decisions, decision, decisions...

Most Expensive Ford:
-Diego- - Land Rover Freelander 2 (06 on) - £26,000-£34,000
GashlyCrumb - Range Rover Sport Supercharged (05 on) - £58,000-£63,000
Slicks - Jaguar XK (06 on) - £70,000
M5Power - Aston Martin V8 Vantage (05 on) - £84,000-£95,000

Point to Doug!

Fastest French Car:
Casio - Peugeot 405 Mi16 (1988-1992) - 133.5mph
daan - Peugeot 406 3.0 V6 Coupe (1997-2000) - 146mph
Diego - Renaultsport Megane F1 Team R26 (06 on) - 147mph

Point to -Diego-!

Twins:
Doug wins with seven of a kind, from daan's 5 5s, -Diego-'s 5 Cordobas and Slicks' 4 Camrys.

Point to Doug!

V10s:
Doug has to get the point here, for not one, not two, but SEVEN different V10d vehicles (Gallardos, M5s, M6s and a Viii... a Viiiiii... a.... *wipes up*).

Point to Doug!

Bonus Vehicle: X5
Doug upped the ante by instantly posting the top-ranking car - an X5 with a non-X5/BMW vanity plate. Matched by daan and Casio, for a point each.

M5Power - 4pt
Casio - 1pt
daan - 1pt
-Diego- - 1pt

You're at the plate, Mr. Power.

Damn, I got home to late, I think I would have won the Ford category.

Funny how a V8 Vantage won the most expensive ford because Doug always complains about how bentley's are so common where he lives.

Bubble Bunny
Funny how a V8 Vantage won the most expensive ford because Doug always complains about how bentley's are so common where he lives.

Saw several Bentleys this week but of it's Volkswagen, not Ford, which owns the marque.

Diego
only one with a vanity plate...

:lol:

This week...

RULES: this week I am out of town from Sunday until Wednesday morning. As such this category will not be judged until Wednesday, July 18th, at noon my time (for reference on what 'my time' is, this message was posted at 7:39pm my time). Note that there is one extra category to make up for the extra day I'll be gone.

This week's categories:

1. Quickest wagon/estate.
I don't think this category is biased - our Magnum SRT-8 is super fast but not common, and Europe's RS6 Avant is the same. E55 wagon was sold both places but is essentially un-seeable.

2. Ford product with Ford-related vanity plate.
I know, I know - this one is biased towards Americans and Brits. But I suppose Famine's X5 category last week was too. In the States it's much harder to see a car-related vanity plate than in the UK.

3. V8 Vantage or better.
That is, any car that is presently either (worth as much as) a V8 Vantage, or worth more than one. Whoever sees the most wins.

4. Fastest green car.
Oh yes. Oh very much yes.

5. A _____ in the worst possible condition.
___ is...

for North Americans, a Chevrolet.
for Europeans, a Vauxhall or Opel.
for Australians/New Zealanders, a Holden.

So an Australian must spot a Holden in the worst shape possible; he'll be competing against Americans' Chevrolets and Spain's Opels (and UK's Vauxhalls, and Canada's Chevrolets, etc.). Should make sense.

BONUS: the new Kia Rio!

I believe that's sold as Rio everywhere in the world - if not, a picture...

kia_rio_1.jpg

It's also sold as a hatchback, which counts too, but photos of the sedan and the hatch won't earn you multiple points.

ULTIMATE BONUS:
Spotting a Bugatti Veyron or Ferrari Enzo on the road this week will earn you five points. More than that, you will automatically win - and no one else will get any points. Get looking for those ultracars, folks!

I think you should call the ultimate bonus that Q.E.D category or the [/competition].

And I actually have a chance to see an Enzo given the cars that roam London.

Is our 300C E490 faster than a Magnum SRT-8?

And is that the same Kio Rio that's been out for probably over a year? How about 2 points if I can find 20...

Fastest green car refers to the colour and not to the fact that it's 'green' (environmentally friendly), right?

These are nice categories... I like them. I won't be able to compete in all, but that's just because this place sucks for cool cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back