SF Bay Area Gran Turismo Party 1 (14th & 15th July!)

When would you prefer to hold this meeting?

• Cannot make June 30th / July 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cannot make July 7th & 8th

• Cannot make July 14th & 15th

• Total voters
Blackbird: Next time there's a LAN event in the Bay Area, all you would have to do is throw up a post on here and see if anyone's willing to pick you up! Better yet, if Smallhorse puts one on again any time soon, you could just hop on BART and have someone pick you up at the local BART station by his house...

Yeah, maybe. I just remembered next time there's going to be a Bay Area LAN event it'll be GT5. :D

I just remembered next time there's going to be a Bay Area LAN event it'll be GT5. :D

Ooooh No it won't!!!! GT5 = Sometime in 2008. Perhaps. Maybe. :rolleyes:

SFGTP II? Later in 2007, Oct/Nov time I'm thinking? 💡
I'm also open to throwing impromptu mini-LANs for 2 people head-to-head with an eye to creating some times for the Nurburgring Openday database that Rypien mentioned here earlier, and running single spot races or car comparisons.
Keep in touch folks & let me know if you've a free evening or weekend you'd like to look into.
I'll ask for ideas and suggestions for cars or car classes when the SFGTP II thread is created, so get your thinking caps on!

Ooooh No it won't!!!! GT5 = Sometime in 2008. Perhaps. Maybe. :rolleyes:

SFGTP II? Later in 2007, Oct/Nov time I'm thinking? 💡
I'm also open to throwing impromptu mini-LANs for 2 people head-to-head with an eye to creating some times for the Nurburgring Openday database that Rypien mentioned here earlier, and running single spot races or car comparisons.
Keep in touch folks & let me know if you've a free evening or weekend you'd like to look into.
I'll ask for ideas and suggestions for cars or car classes when the SFGTP II thread is created, so get your thinking caps on!

Oh? Well that shows how much i've been keeping tabs on GT5. :scared:

October or November? That's during my school year so that would probably be a no but of course it's speculation as of now what the final date will be. ;)

Well, well, well! TWO GTPlanet members in the same household!
How ever will you two get along! ;-)

Welcome to GTPlanet itgirlxx!...

Smallhorse: Didn't think another Bay Area LAN was going to happen until 08'....Can't imagine you wanted to do this all over again in such a short amount of time....but now that you've got a time-frame locked in, I"ll be looking forward to it!

WOW!!

that was entertaining reading!
Its good to read that others are having as much fun at LANs as we do!!

Welcome ITGIRL!!
This now means that they'll be another permanant female at UKGTPs!!! That can only be a good thing!

Congrats Nick on a successful inaugural SFGTP and well done to all those who managed to make it :D And a warm welcome to Mrs. Smallhorses too 👍 I only hope that I can consider coming to the next one or perhaps the one after that, unless you can get me a job working for Waters?! :P

Wow, now that I have a free moment, I'd like to thank Ray, David, and Alex(even though I wasn't around to race with you, Alex) for making this LAN party a party. Nick, I thank you for opening and sharing your home to us freaks, I also am holding you personally responsible for this whole LAN.:cheers: And itgirlxx(welcome), I thank you for allowing serious goofing-off to occur.:bowdown:
Next, I would like to apologize for not being there 100% on Saturday and not being able to attend on Sunday, and I sincerely thank you all for understanding.
And finally, when did you say SFGTP II was?

I've been treated like a queen since the party! Smallhorses should have them more often. I've had champagne, flowers, promise of a vacation, time to shop! What more could a girl ask for?! (Amex black?!?)

WOOOHOOO!!!! ahahha, and we were just talking about that on sunday!

Thanks for persuading her then!!!

Of course you realise you're going to have to fork out to get her premium as well.

Already committed one "lifetime" to her so to speak, so another at $45 seems like a bargain!!! :lol:

And finally, when did you say SFGTP II was?

I'm formulating plans and dates already. It'll have to wait until after my sister's wedding in September, but sometime in Oct/Nov would be good!
Once I'm able to get the results thread done, I'll be posting another SFGTP thread as an interest check and availability poll for the second event!

I've been treated like a queen since the party! Smallhorses should have them more often. I've had champagne, flowers, promise of a vacation, time to shop! What more could a girl ask for?! (Amex black?!?)

Alright then, who's down for next weekend?!!!! :P:P:P:P

Anyone else get shaken awake! :nervous:

Next time you all are planning on having an earthquake, give a fella a fair warning! :D

Bezerkeley is wacky enough, I don't need the ground shaking under me as well! ;)

Yes! Both me and itgirlxx were rudely awoken by the bed shaking at 4:42 this morning. We both blamed each other for a second, until we realised that the whole condo was shaking instead!
Info for Seismic Event nc40199209 :eek:
After Japan's big quake earlier this week I'd had a hunch that we'd get a little something fairly soon afterwards. :nervous:

@ Digital-Nitrate, sorry not to have been in touch when you mentioned you'd be close by, things have been busy after SFGTP, not least because we've had guests from England staying this week. Hope you had a good :drool: at some of the current Fantasy Junction inventory! 👍

No worries Smallhorses, my schedule has been pretty crazy as it were.

Thanks for the link to the earthquake info! Looks like it was off the Hayward fault with th epicenter near where Skyline Blvd meets the Warren Frwy up in the Oakland/Moraga hills.

Despite not being very strong it really shook my folks house. They have a three story wood beam house on a steep incline on Grizzly Peak Blvd so combined with the proximity of the fault line it made it feel like a freight train drove right under the house! Besides the usual books of the shelves, unfortunately it also knocked down several sculptures damaging a few, and almost made an 8' bathroom mirror nearly fall off the wall!

At least it made for an excellent alarm clock! :)

:dunce: I never even knew there was an earthquake... I don't know if that's bad or good. I've had nights where I dream we have a big earthquake though. :dopey:

Thanks for the USGS link, Nick. I didn't even feel it, though I'm 200ft or so off the Hayward fualt in union city.
But, strangely, after sleeping less than an hour(worked some double-time last night) the alarm we DID NOT SET went off at about 4:40 twice.

Well I went to bed at 3:40 AM so i'd imagine i'd have just fallen asleep when 4:40 came around but I didn't feel anything. It may not of happen over here in San Jose but i'm a deep sleeper.

Picture the scene....Smallhorses & itgirlxx sitting opposite each other staring at their respective laptop screens, reading the same posts on gtplanet, beers in hands, both wondering who's post is going to pop up the fastest.
Bet it's his.

Back