Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the answer to that but I suspect nothing will be done about it.

I don't think the sky is falling with these hybrids though.

There wasn't any real harm with the track breakout glitches but PD still patched them all up. I'm pretty sure they'll do something about this as well.

There wasn't any real harm with the track breakout glitches but PD still patched them all up. I'm pretty sure they'll do something about this as well.

The VIRUS aka Hybrids issue is external. If PD cannot or will not update the Anti-Virus via game data base to verify said cars, than their last and easy alternative is to stop any sharing or gifting. If HONEST trades can no longer be had, I request my vote to be updated to BAN those who have them and create them.

The minority of these folks are only looking out for themselves with no for sight of any consequences. Some are old enought to know better too.

I have noticed that these cars are becoming more popular, I do find it difficult to drive in free run anymore. I think if people started reporting the Crackers to Sony , then maybe something might be done. Until the the hybrids start to cause problems for PD/Sony, they will just be ignored.

http://np.us.playstation.com/

Last edited:
I have noticed that these cars are becoming more popular, I do find it difficult to drive in free run anymore. I think if people started reporting the Crackers to Sony , then maybe something might be done. Until the the hybrids start to cause problems for PD/Sony, they will just be ignored.

http://np.us.playstation.com/complaint/pc/ComplaintForm.aspx

See above RE the breakout on SSR11. That wasn't causing any problems for Sony or PD and wasn't even as widespread as hybrids yet it was shut down. Same for the other breakout tracks found afterwards.

See above RE the breakout on SSR11. That wasn't causing any problems for Sony or PD and wasn't even as widespread as hybrids yet it was shut down. Same for the other breakout tracks found afterwards.

True however the breakout glitch may have cased other problems warranting a fix. Maybe Sony/PD are already working on something who knows.

Isn't the Top Gear Test Track still bugged? Where you can "complete" a lap without doing a full lap? I never tryed it personally but I know some people used it to beat the Top Gear Challenges in the Special Events.

The minority of these folks are only looking out for themselves with no for sight of any consequences. Some are old enought to know better too.

A V8 into a Miata for my own personal use offline or in friends lobbies surely doesn't ruin the game for you.

In the end it's the cars made with thousands of horsepower that's ruining it. The minor engine/chassis swaps are not.

A V8 into a Miata for my own personal use offline or in friends lobbies surely doesn't ruin the game for you.

In the end it's the cars made with thousands of horsepower that's ruining it. The minor engine/chassis swaps are not.

Actually they are if used online, a car with and extra 10-20 BHP in the hands of a good racer is a huge advantage.

Using the hybrids offline is no problem, it is when you enter free run and races with them. so as I said if meet crackers in free run or in a race.

I do agree about the thousands of horsepower, specifically in small cars do you think an X1 engine would fit in a fiat.

Last edited:

You can only speak for yourself and not the rest of your gang.

Actually they are if used online, a car with and extra 10-20 BHP in the hands of a good racer is a huge advantage.

Using the hybrids offline is no problem, it is when you enter free run and races with them. so as I said if meet crackers in free run or in a race.

http://np.us.playstation.com/complai...laintForm.aspx

I do agree about the thousands of horsepower, specifically in small cars do you think an X1 engine would fit in a fiat.

Your link is broken, here is the correct link.

What's with the links anyway, are we supposed to go complain or something?

PD is already aware of what is going on. They will do what they will, kinda like how they took 2 cheating times off the last seasonal tt.

What's with the links anyway, are we supposed to go complain or something?

PD is already aware of what is going on. They will do what they will, kinda like how they took 2 cheating times off the last seasonal tt.

Thinks are for reporting people who are cracking,k and surely PD would of fixed the problem by now they have had long enough. You also need to remember this happened on the previous titles, and nothing was done.

Different situation now, PD/Sony now have DLC and online to worry about ... these hybrids allows people to get DLC without paying and messing up online lobbies with ridiculous mods ...

And reporting someone does not always mean complaining ...

If you do a bit of google you will find out that people have been able to get into the game save, share game saves, steal dlc for well over a year. No CFW required.

And no, hybrids don't allow getting dlc.

Right, so why are you asking people to complain again?

I first saw that link on a PSN forum. I'm not sure if it was the US, or EU forum, but it was provided by a Moderator. Another Moderator was asking for PSN screen names.

I personally have not seen any of these cars, but I run a pretty slow room. I would certainly save the replay is I suspected a hacked car running in my room. If the car really was hacked I probably would report the user to PSN.

I see, so we are supposed to whistle blow. My guess is if someone is that worked up over it they already know how/where to complain.

I asked one of the kids that had his cheat tt time removed if pd contacted him, meaning was anything done other then the time being removed. He didn't respond but if he was reprimanded I'd have thought he would have bitched about it, maybe not.

I see, so we are supposed to whistle blow. My guess is if someone is that worked up over it they already know how/where to complain.

I asked one of the kids that had his cheat tt time removed if pd contacted him, meaning was anything done other then the time being removed. He didn't respond but if he was reprimanded I'd have thought he would have bitched about it, maybe not.

How did you contact him? Did you know him?

The reason I ask is that if you just sent him a private message through PSN, he would not have received it if his account had been banned.

It's a good practice and commendable act to report someone who cheat/hack to gain advantage/break the terms of use - abusive or any other offenses. There's no reason not to, and there's no good reason not to report.

How did you contact him? Did you know him?

The reason I ask is that if you just sent him a private message through PSN, he would not have received it if his account had been banned.

He is a member here, the exact post https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8196502#post8196502 and you can go back in the thread and see where he says what he did.

It's a good practice and commendable act to report someone who cheat/hack to gain advantage/break the terms of use - abusive or any other offenses. There's no reason not to, and there's no good reason not to report.

That may be true but coming on a message board begging others to do so is in poor taste.

That may be true but coming on a message board begging others to do so is in poor taste.

What makes you say it may be true ? For me reporting them is the only good thing that we can do. And I don't think anyone has begged others to do it. Did anyone say please report these cheaters ? I would say persuasion, and to persuade someone to do the right thing is never a poor taste in my view.

gtplanetfacebook. Great, like this post, if you don't koney will send kaz to hell. Or something :lol:

I think that modding isnt all bad if used properly i.e. not using it for personal gain online. Truthfully, I have seen a few hack/Hybrid cas that were done simply to put a better stance on the car(although a few were still 1k+hp) for drifting. I feel that as long as you arent using them to race in public lobbies that aren't stated to be a hybrid room you shouldnt have to worry about pd or sony beating on your proverbial door and banning you indefinitely. Now, if you hybrid simply to beat the game or to aquire top position online(in seasonals and lobbies) where no one else has a fair chance thats not cool and you should be banned. For the record I do not hack I do not plan to hack or even figure out how to hack. I find the mods and Hybrids interesting and would love to play with one outside of a competition and have a little fun with them. Even with a hybrid I prolly wouldnt do so great online. I prolly still wouldnt get higher than 1000th place lol

This game isn't dead. If it was PD wouldn't be releasing weekly seasonal races and releasing DLC or trailers of new stuff coming into the game.

I can't arguee that PD gives us weekly events (despite their lack of creativity of coming up with new-themed ones... but that's a completely different story)... BUT... when was the last time we had a DLC???

Sorry, but Hybrids are great <3 They might be the last spark of life of this game before dying miserably...

As for the ones leveling up via-hybrids with negative PP... I think PD is partially responsible for that... Leveling is something that should stay in Pokémon games only...

Last edited:
As for the ones leveling up via-hybrids with negative PP... I think PD is partially responsible for that... Leveling is something that should stay in Pokémon games only...

Yeah, not a fan of the leveling system either.

I agree. I found the car with the highest level that I could acquire and wanted got to that level legitamately and now I could care less what my level is.

I can't arguee that PD gives us weekly events (despite their lack of creativity of coming up with new-themed ones... but that's a completely different story)... BUT... when was the last time we had a DLC???

Sorry, but Hybrids are great <3 They might be the last spark of life of this game before dying miserably...

I think hybrids are interesting too. But it's the usage that they've been giving to them what bothers me.

Also if I'm not mistaken PD released a promo video last month with places like Seattle Circuit and other real world locales where the cars were racing. I think it was the latest nsx prototype promo.

I don't care if Sony acts upon it or not and I never said it wasn't wrong. But you guys are getting all butt hurt over something small. If you don't like them simple don't use them. I enjoy them because I can finally create cars to real life specs(kinda).

You don't like them, you don't use them....sounds fair but it's not, since the random guy with his little hyb jumps in MY normal room. I don't know anymore what my opponents are using , legit cars or my same car but hacked with 50 more hp? In a F1 room one of them have full aero with same pp? I can play only reco and shuffle at the moment. I know that a lot of you guys have fun without annoying other players, but a good 40% (surely more) doesn't, i don't report anyone but it's not a kind of thing like "yeah whatever not my problem".
You can do everything, but when that happen in online playing on a game i paid it's pretty "important" for the company too, not simple "butthurt".

I hope PD are simultaneously working on a way to patch out these kinds of external mods, as well as adding in the in-game functionality that most reasonable people are using them for: engine and drivetrain swaps, visual customisation etc.

I say that, because they absolutely must be working on the former (DLC "theft" is probably taken seriously...), and they must know that not everyone does it to troll online, so I just hope they don't make the mistake of closing things off and ignoring what is clearly a plea for more forms of expression in the game, and always has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back