Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct each to their own but I hope we dont get a ton of complaint threads if pd act on this.

You wish.

The Wrath of the Hybros™

It will be amazing to read.

Thank you in advance based Kaz.

I have made an AMS Alpha 12 Exact replica, an Underground Racing Twin Turbo Gallardo (1500hp) replica as well as an Aventador stage 1 (1200hp) today and they've been massive fun for me. Having this much variation within cars online like we have no is just a delight. Certainly more fun than seeing who can tune their Viper to launch the best.

👍
See, what I dislike is the 1000000000000hp cars which thankfully are slowly disappearing. Now, people are (mostly) doing what MOTORTRENDmitch is doing. Realistic hybrids. :sly:
That, I'm okay with.

Eks
...wish there won't be complaint threads after hybrids are patched. And I agree, amar, good reads they shall be. :sly:

Wow I am tired to have missed that my apologies.

Eks
👍
See, what I dislike is the 1000000000000hp cars which thankfully are slowly disappearing. Now, people are (mostly) doing what MOTORTRENDmitch is doing. Realistic hybrids. :sly:
That, I'm okay with.

Sure has been a blast making these replicas... I've always wanted turbos on a Lamborghini :sly:

You wish.

The Wrath of the Hybros™

It will be amazing to read.

Thank you in advance based Kaz.

I guess the big question is how far is Sony/PD going to go to handle these cars. Will they simply remove the corrupted cars? Will they declare the entire users garage corrupted? That seems to be the easiest way to handle the situation.

Or will they ban the users for TOS violations?

Whatever they do I'm sure it will create an amazing thread here, and like you I can't wait to read it.

I don't know if this is part of the hacking & I apologise if it's already been mentioned, but I have been seeing pictures in the Photo Stream of cars missing their spoilers. As far as I know, there is no way to remove the stock spoiler from your car in GT5. I know because I really wanted to remove the spoiler from the Mustang SVT Cobra R but couldn't. Is this part of the hack?
Yeah it's possible to remove wings. It's even possible to remove doors, hoods, etc. from certain premium cars as if they were damaged, just without being damaged...

That stuff is only for looks and doesn't change performance, but as soon as you're starting to swap chassis, drivetrain, engine, transmission and edit performance relevant values it's getting problematic.
I guess the big question is how far is Sony/PD going to go to handle these cars. Will they simply remove the corrupted cars? Will they declare the entire users garage corrupted? That seems to be the easiest way to handle the situation.
Most likely via error message but they'd never remove a whole garage.
They can't or just hardly. It got out of hands already and too many would be affected.
Whatever they do I'm sure it will create an amazing thread here, and like you I can't wait to read it.
As always

It's been around for much longer then this thread has, are they "letting it slide"? Maybe not as they rightfully removed those pesky fool tt times, but it's not looking priority number one to me.

I think something will come soon, but nothing very harsh at all. I seriously doubt crashing saves or banning psn's out of the blue.

What you might want as an avid fan and game player is not necessarily what is on pd's mind.

I've never seen an error message in GT5 that had a 'continue anyway' option.
I've never seen a speed test mode before the dlc came...
What's your point? As if it were difficult to add this "feature" to the game. :rolleyes:

And anyway, who said "continue anyway"? Makes absolutely no sense, IF then it would be something like "return","ok" or "cancel".

End of the console/ game life. I think they will let it slide.Unless they patch it when or if they release willow springs dlc. I can understand if they do or dont.Does any of the people who voted no still think that, now that people are making more realistic cars? How can you say no to no spoilers? How?

Does any of the people who voted no still think that, now that people are making more realistic cars? How can you say no to no spoilers? How?

I still maintain my stance against hybrids and as the old saying goes "Curiosity killed the cat".

I say 'No' to no spoilers as some cars look better with them attached and do not deserve to be touched.

I still maintain my stance against hybrids and as the old saying goes "Curiosity killed the cat".

I say 'No' to no spoilers as some cars look better with them attached and do not deserve to be touched.

Isn't that exactly the point? That it's a matter of taste? Who are you to say I can't make my car look the way I want it to in real life, and why shouldn't your figurative impotence in that regard extend to the gaming world?

say 'No' to no spoilers as some cars look better with them attached and do not deserve to be touched.

Some cars. You basically said it yourself, lots of cars look better without spoilers. Besides, the majority of hybrids (at least on GTP) aren't being used to annoy people online, or cheat on time-trials, they're being used for photographs, to give cars better stance, and lots of these hybrids couldn't be used to race anyway because of the camber and ride height.

I'm firmly for hybrids, especially ones which are virtually harmless. Looks like PD/Sony are pretty much letting them slide, although the same can't be said for some lobby hosts. I got kicked earlier from a cruise lobby for driving a car that had a hacked ride height. Of course, I was obeying all rules (more so than most other players) and it only had 100hp, but I still got kicked.

E28
Some cars. You basically said it yourself, lots of cars look better without spoilers. Besides, the majority of hybrids (at least on GTP) aren't being used to annoy people online, or cheat on time-trials, they're being used for photographs, to give cars better stance, and lots of these hybrids couldn't be used to race anyway because of the camber and ride height.

I'm firmly for hybrids, especially ones which are virtually harmless. Looks like PD/Sony are pretty much letting them slide, although the same can't be said for some lobby hosts. I got kicked earlier from a cruise lobby for driving a car that had a hacked ride height. Of course, I was obeying all rules (more so than most other players) and it only had 100hp, but I still got kicked.

I won't even bother trying to argue. Go make as many hybrids as you want. Just don't send any my way.

They shouldn't let it slide, although I honestly care very little whether they do or not at this moment. What they should most importantly do is take a very good look at what the hybriding is used for most of the time - wingless cars, chassis and engine swaps, editing liveries - and implement them in the (near) future.

I think we may have seen more immediate action taken by PD if this ("hacking") had happened in the early days of GT5... for such an old game now, and (possibly) more priority being placed on creating GT6, I think PD will not hurry to sort this out.

As has already been mentioned, if they have any real interest in what some of their customer-base are looking for in terms of features in GT6, they should be taking note of what's happening, rather than stamping over it with size 12 boots.

The horse has already bolted, no point in rushing to close the gate.

My problem is this- I hate hacked cars, they do nothing for me. Now having said that my problem is I've been gifted 3 cars. I didn't ask for them or search for them. I'm a tuner and to me they ruin how I play the game. Now what happens if they send out these searches that find ip addresses to people that have hacked? Now I get bundled into that category

My problem is this- I hate hacked cars, they do nothing for me. Now having said that my problem is I've been gifted 3 cars. I didn't ask for them or search for them. I'm a tuner and to me they ruin how I play the game. Now what happens if they send out these searches that find ip addresses to people that have hacked? Now I get bundled into that category

For that exact reason it's extremely unlikely that PD would do anything to people who simply have a hacked car. Those who have actually hacked their game save, maybe they will.

It's a pretty old game.. gamers are just giving it a bit of a flare. Renewing the game, so to speak... in the very near future (about 2 months), hybrids with insane amount of HP will be forgotten... realiatic hybrids will come out and so on and so forth. PD should let it slide and focus on GT6. Let GT5 go out with a bang.

It's a pretty old game.. gamers are just giving it a bit of a flare. Renewing the game, so to speak... in the very near future (about 2 months), hybrids with insane amount of HP will be forgotten... realiatic hybrids will come out and so on and so forth. PD should let it slide and focus on GT6. Let GT5 go out with a bang.

Realistic hybrid is way to go. I remember trying a 100,000+ HP samba bus, and it wasn't fun at all, let alone controlling it. Now I'm creating my own realistic hybrid such as Premium S2000 with Spoon engine, NSX with Weider HSV engine or ever a V12 Nissan GTR with realistic HP. But I never race online, just my own offline time trial.

But maybe if someone open an online room for realistic hybrid, i'm sure going to enter.

People will soon get bored of watching their screens fill up smoke while the speed-o-meter says 600+ mph with tyres shining red.

I think they should try to learn from all of this hacking and allow more customization in gt6. I've been having a lot of fun doing realistic mods, it's putting some life back into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back