Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gotten to be a little more understanding of these hybrids than how I used to be. Most of the ridiculous ones (500,000 HP negative pp mini cooper) can't be used to win a race anyway because of the funky suspension settings, I am not supportive of the idea of them being in time trials and online racing. But people do like to goof around with these cars.

I'm a little more inclined toward realistic hybrids, not the ones that are so fast that only Chuck Norris would be able to drive safely.

I think there's a lot of potential for realistic hybrids. With engine swaps, drivetrain conversions and power boosts beyond what is possible with in-game tuning, we might be able to create some interesting cars. I'll edit this post with some ideas.
Corvette ZR-1 C4: Twin Turbo, 900HP, Callaway Sledgehammer replica
Mini Countryman S: AWD conversion, Rally
135i Coupe: M3 V8 swap, "M3 Lite"
Camaro SS: LS7 V8 swap, Has been done IRL
C4 2.0VTS: AWD conversion, Production WRC
Challenger SRT-8: Viper V10 swap
Viper SRT-10 Coupe: Viper ACR V10 swap, 600HP Gen IV 2008-2010 Viper
Mustang GT Premium: Ford GT 5.4 Supercharged swap, Shelby GT500 replica
Civic Type R: Integra Type R I4 swap
IS F: LFA V10 swap
Evora: Esprit V8 swap
RX-7: LS V8 swap
SL55 AMG: SLS 6.3 V8 swap
Lancer Evolution: RWD conversion, good for drifting
350Z: GT-R V6 Twin Turbo swap
GT-R: 1200HP, AMS Alpha 12 replica
BR-Z: Impreza STI Flat 4 swap
C30 R-Design: AWD conversion
Pretty sure there's a lot more potential, just did a few ideas in this (quite) quick post.

Last edited:
The thing is there is no difference between realistic and unrealistic mods. Realistic cars aren't justification to PD to sit around and do nothing. Likewise, while the mods are being used to do a lot of good to some cars (I would like to see a Viper ACR with realistic downforce personally), it probably won't be simple for PD to throw in engine swaps or whatever into GT5 at this stage.

At the very least, more online lobby options are needed. That would allow hosts to defend against the modded cars more easily without removing them from the game and also greatly enhance online mode by itself.

I think there's a lot of potential for realistic hybrids. With engine swaps, drivetrain conversions and power boosts beyond what is possible with in-game tuning, we might be able to create some interesting cars. I'll edit this post with some ideas.

Pretty sure there's a lot more potential, just did a few ideas in this (quite) quick post.

This, but I'd prefer real life model conversions. I would love to see 135i twin turbo motor swaped to E92 coupe body and thus creating E92 335i. Or standard E90 330i natuarally aspirated straight six moved to premium E92 coupe body or to E60 5 series.

Corvette ZR-1 C4: Twin Turbo, 900HP, Callaway Sledgehammer replica
Mini Countryman S: AWD conversion, Rally
Camaro SS: LS7 V8 swap, Has been done IRL
C4 2.0VTS: AWD conversion, Production WRC
Challenger SRT-8: Viper V10 swap
Viper SRT-10 Coupe: Viper ACR V10 swap, 600HP Gen IV 2008-2010 Viper
Mustang GT Premium: Ford GT 5.4 Supercharged swap, Shelby GT500 replica
Civic Type R: Integra Type R I4 swap
IS F: LFA V10 swap
Evora: Esprit V8 swap
RX-7: LS V8 swap
SL55 AMG: SLS 6.3 V8 swap
Lancer Evolution: RWD conversion, good for drifting
350Z: GT-R V6 Twin Turbo swap
GT-R: 1200HP, AMS Alpha 12 replica
BR-Z: Impreza STI Flat 4 swap
C30 R-Design: AWD conversion

go check out the drift section we have pretty much done all these swaps give or take a few 👍

The thing is there is no difference between realistic and unrealistic mods. Realistic cars aren't justification to PD to sit around and do nothing. Likewise, while the mods are being used to do a lot of good to some cars (I would like to see a Viper ACR with realistic downforce personally), it probably won't be simple for PD to throw in engine swaps or whatever into GT5 at this stage.

At the very least, more online lobby options are needed. That would allow hosts to defend against the modded cars more easily without removing them from the game and also greatly enhance online mode by itself.

I'm not sure if this has been said, but a minimum PP option added to the maximum PP option would probably clean up a very good majority of them. Not entirely unreasonable either.

I personaly have no objections to any hybrids, but this is a game with Trophies and thats all that matters when it comes to whether or not they will be allowed to "slide". Not that I agree with that, I feel trophies are the absolute worst aspect to new games and systems.

Most all games with trophies try very, very hard to prevent or fix cheats that allow people to get trophies easier. So I wouldnt be surprised to see PD try to get rid of them and wiping or reseting the trophies.

I only use my own hybrids for realism/replicas. If it were the crazy hybrids, just for the matter of stunts but overall I take my hybrids for realism.

PD should let them slide - patch it so hybrids can only use comfort hards

lolwut.png

I'm not sure if this has been said, but a minimum PP option added to the maximum PP option would probably clean up a very good majority of them. Not entirely unreasonable either.

You need to be able to set HP, weight, and PP simultaneously at the least. Throw in power/weight ratio as well. Min+max PP won't really do anything since you can get any car to any PP now. Min and max should be available for all options though, and yes it shouldn't be hard. PD should have done it ages ago.

I was in a PP room the other day with my trusty Shelby at Road Course Indy and was surprised after qualifying when I didn't get the pole. I hadn't set up my gearing properly so I didn't get a great start but the guy on the pole did and pulled out a few car lengths into the first corner. I followed him around for the first lap within a few car lengths but entering the straight he pulled away from me, not like a lunatic but well enough that I knew something was up. By the S/F line he had gained 2 seconds which is impossible given my car choice and tune. It went like that for a few laps, him moving ahead a bit then falling back to me until he ran into a car on the S/F line who must have black screened or something. I didn't save the replay, but it was an obvious hybrid, close enough that most people would never know.

PD should let them slide - patch it so hybrids can only use comfort hards

This wouldn't work either as tire grip can be edited also. Comfort hards can have the grip of racing super softs .I've had cars do wheelies and stoppies at 400mph.

I love these hybrids but pd does need to set limits for pp/hp/weight etc for online rooms for those who don't want undetected hybrids entering the room. Especially with tire grip seeing as how that's not calculated into the pp.

Last edited:
I think it should slide as much as I hate the 100,000 HP cars the realistic ones are great! And like others have said it breathes new life into the game, can give fresh ideas for gt6 and let pd worry about gt6

TorqueHappenS08
Hybrids are not all about power. opens up a whole world of opportunity.

I know, I said that w couple of posts back... I was saying that high powered hybrids which shred their tyres will become obsolete.

IMO, I like the modding whether the modding is light or extremely heavy. This modding allows us to customize cars much more, for example, stanced cars, taking wings off cars, engine swaps, colour change.

Some of the modding is a little bit outrageous, but when people mod, say an Evo, to about 900hp, and take the wing off, people DO THAT in real life! And to be able to that kind of light modding in GT5 is awesome.

Hacked cars have to be removed.... we are starting to get innocent racer's profiles corrupted after being in a room where people were pulling out hacked cars.... now you just dont know whom to trust.
💡

Hacked cars have to be removed.... we are starting to get innocent racer's profiles corrupted after being in a room where people were pulling out hacked cars.... now you just dont know whom to trust.
💡
But are hacked cars the problem? Or are those who abuse them the problem?

💡

"Hacked" cars aren't the problem... It's little kids with 1000000000000hp cars that are the problem. 👍

"Hacked" cars aren't the problem... It's little kids with 1000000000000hp cars that are the problem. 👍

Completly agree. I see no problem with realistic hybrids. Especialy if they're only used for online free runs or offline racing/practice, as there's no harm done.

Not a fair point, or even a GOOD point.:indiff:

I like hybrids..But still, fact is, a hybrid is hybrid is a hybrid.

Fair point.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back