Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think one is stupider than the other. When/if Sony/PSN comes after those with hacked game saves there will be no distinction. All of you will suffer the same.

Couldn't agree more. I'm sick of hearing about these hybrids and it needs to stop. "Realistic" or not, hacking is still hacking and people need to learn that actions have consequences.

AudiMan2011
Couldn't agree more. I'm sick of hearing about these hybrids and it needs to stop. "Realistic" or not, hacking is still hacking and people need to learn that actions have consequences.

Get over it. Its happening, this game was getting boring

BayouSimDrifter

Maybe you should get over the fact that Sony might just act on it.

Just because you dont think hybrids are wrong doesnt mean you need to come out and be rude to someone offering an opinion.

Not really. Not to me. If you're having troubles enjoying the game, that's not my problem. You, just like everyone else, could try to find more usage out of GT5. Join clubs, leagues, go to new tracks, try new cars... There was still lots of fun to be had without hybriding.

thelvynau
Maybe you should get over the fact that Sony might just act on it.

Just because you dont think hybrids are wrong doesnt mean you need to come out and be rude to someone offering an opinion.

I don't care if Sony acts upon it or not and I never said it wasn't wrong. But you guys are getting all butt hurt over something small. If you don't like them simple don't use them. I enjoy them because I can finally create cars to real life specs(kinda).

BayouSimDrifter
I don't care if Sony acts upon it or not and I never said it wasn't wrong. But you guys are getting all butt hurt over something small. If you don't like them simple don't use them. I enjoy them because I can finally create cars to real life specs(kinda).

And getting all butthurt because people express they dont like it isnt the way to go either.

MrMelancholy15
Not really. Not to me. If you're having troubles enjoying the game, that's not my problem. You, just like everyone else, could try to find more usage out of GT5. Join clubs, leagues, go to new tracks, try new cars... There was still lots of fun to be had without hybriding.

I've come to the conclusion that other parts of GTP are not for me. There are 3(drifting, touge, time attack) aspects of GT5 that enjoy and I tend to stick with people that enjoy those.

Sorry for double post. I'm on my phone.

Because maturity on the topic, and the logic of "don't tell Polyphony Digital, or Sony," is going to let you keep your beloved "realistic" hybrids. There is a realistic hybrid. It's called a Prius, and it's horrendous.

As I posted a few days before...

http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/35950397.jpg

Nor do people avoid drawing attention to the new hybrids. If Sony never finds out, you can have your hybrids for ever and ever. As I'm actually getting tired of hearing about them, (as is AudiMan2011,) I might ask that you show a bit of maturity, and, if you don't want to see the new hybrids patched, keep them under the covers.

Al Capone never went on TV, advertising "I've got illegal, imported drinks for your speakeasies!" Why would you guys advertise on the semi-official GT5 headquarters, about having cars that weren't meant to be in the released versions/builds of the game?

You don't want to lose them? Stop bringing attention to them. Stop creating arguments, and go and drift your RWD Integras.

Its not the people who like them bringing up the agruments. Go look back in this thread and tell me what you see.

Again if you don't like them don't use them. Simple. So until PD decides to fix them they are now apart of the game.

BayouSimDrifter
Its not the people who like them bringing up the agruments. Go look back in this thread and tell me what you see.

Again if you don't like them don't use them. Simple. So until PD decides to fix them they are now apart of the game.

Again you slam people for having an opinion.

I can say the same thing don't like th a t we are posting against it simply un subscribe and don't read it.

The statement dont like them then dont use them has been used alot its hardly a valid point when this is a discussion forum to discuss these things.

thelvynau
Again you slam people for having an opinion.

I can say the same thing don't like th a t we are posting against it simply un subscribe and don't read it.

The statement dont like them then dont use them has been used alot its hardly a valid point when this is a discussion forum to discuss these things.

Where am I slamming anybody? When some brings up something about a realistic hybrid you guys act like its the Salem witch trails (now I'm slamming you)

Where am I slamming anybody? When some brings up something about a realistic hybrid you guys act like its the Salem witch trails (now I'm slamming you)

Everyone's fighting everyone all of a sudden. Don't worry, I don't feel offended by what you said, even if thelvynau thinks I am. 💡 You don't have to stick up for me, thelvynau, especially not incorrectly and out-of-place.

BayouSimDrifter

Slam me all you want fact remains its illegal and against Sonys Terms of use simple fact simple truth.

I am surprised given the breaches that Sony hasnt acted yet time will tell if or when they will.

thelvynau
Slam me all you want fact remains its illegal and against Sonys Terms of use simple fact simple truth.

I am surprised given the breaches that Sony hasnt acted yet time will tell if or when they will.

And what of they don't then what?

Yes, the hackers are not agreeing to the Terms of Use. No, I'm not one to judge them for it. They don't negatively affect my gaming experience, that's enough for me.

Agreed they can use them all they want without affecting someones game.

But I can see alot of complaints and forum filling should pd patch it out of the game if they can.

If GT5 was an offline only game like the last four it wouldn't matter. It is though and if you don't think these cars are a problem to online gaming then you must be rather ignorant. Given that PD have known about previous exploits and bugs you can be sure they know about this and given that they stopped those previous exploits it would be wise to think they'll stop this as well.

SimonK
If GT5 was an offline only game like the last four it wouldn't matter. It is though and if you don't think these cars are a problem to online gaming then you must be rather ignorant. Given that PD have known about previous exploits and bugs you can be sure they know about this and given that they stopped those previous exploits it would be wise to think they'll stop this as well.

Exactly its affecting people online I guess people wouldnt be in a uproar so much if it stayed offline or private lobbies but with people jumping into random rooms to cause problems it adds to the frustration.

I'm a curious bird and I wanted to see what effect some hybrids would have on PP limited rooms. The swaps *do* affect the PP as it is recalculated using the new motor/chassis.

I've created 3 hybrids at 505 pp:

Toyota Tacoma with an ISF engine and trans
Corvette C3 Convertible with a Corvette C5 engine and trans
Ford F150 with a Shelby Cobra 427 engine

So far I've noticed the swaps made these cars (which were not among the top in this class) slightly more competitive - likely due to an improved power band better suited to circuit racing. They are nowhere near dominating & they're still slower than the usual suspects at this PP.

That's not to say other swaps wouldn't mess things up but I think the fact that PP gets recalculated with the donor parts installed kinda keeps things in check.

esoxhntr
I'm a curious bird and I wanted to see what effect some hybrids would have on PP limited rooms. The swaps *do* affect the PP as it is recalculated using the new motor/chassis.

I've created 3 hybrids at 505 pp:

Toyota Tacoma with an ISF engine and trans
Corvette C3 Convertible with a Corvette C5 engine and trans
Ford F150 with a Shelby Cobra 427 engine

So far I've noticed the swaps made these cars (which were not among the top in this class) slightly more competitive - likely due to an improved power band better suited to circuit racing. They are nowhere near dominating & they're still slower than the usual suspects at this PP.

That's not to say other swaps wouldn't mess things up but I think the fact that PP gets recalculated with the donor parts installed kinda keeps things in check.

I see your point and in theory maybe it can keep it in check.

But does that mean sony or pd should leave them be?

esoxhntr
I don't have the answer to that but I suspect nothing will be done about it.

I don't think the sky is falling with these hybrids though.

Maybe or Maybe not all I can go by are my thoughts.

If someone was messing with my product that I spent a fortune creating and time I would do what I could to stop it.

But then again maybe pd see it as keeping the interest alive so they can finish GT6.

If someone was messing with my product that I spent a fortune creating and time I would do what I could to stop it.

But then again maybe pd see it as keeping the interest alive so they can finish GT6.

You gotta admit though, swapping a big 'ole 427 into a F150... or a modern Vette motor & trans into the old C3 is kinda cool. :D

esoxhntr
You gotta admit though, swapping a big 'ole 427 into a F150... or a modern Vette motor & trans into the old C3 is kinda cool. :D

This is the whole point :) its fun and its bringing life back into the game

Now by hacking we can get DLC cars for free, even special edition cars like Stealth cars, Chromelines, Edge Camaro or Gamestop Nascar ... I am sure PD will do something about it.

Now by hacking we can get DLC cars for free, even special edition cars like Stealth cars, Chromelines, Edge Camaro or Gamestop Nascar ... I am sure PD will do something about it.

Not sure on the Stealth Cars. Some were free via Voucher codes 1 1/2 yrs ago?

Now jacking DLC cars and Paints is crossing the border. The one's that do are no longer honest people but, thieves! They are now digging into somes pocket and in this case = PD/Sony.

There is no justification for such action no matter what excuse(s) that one brings to the table....non!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back