Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
309766_175093339244613_1567316508_n.jpg

And if theyre new to the game and dont know its a hacked car, they just think that 1400hp is normal for a GTR?

Nismo34
And if theyre new to the game and dont know its a hacked car, they just think that 1400hp is normal for a GTR?

It would be up to them to prove they didn't know I guess.

I only hack Cars to get more out of the AWESOME Game and these hacks are actually things that should be in the Game like a Engine Swap and taking off the Wing.

Last edited:
I only hack to get more out of the AWESOME Game and these hacks are actually things that should be in the Game like a Engine Swap and taking off the Wing.

Engine-swapping should be in the game? Like fitting an RX7 with the engine from a 787B LMP?? I don't think so!!

Regardless of your cop-out, you have just admitted to breaching Sony's terms of use. Better hope you don't encounter me online!

Engine-swapping should be in the game? Like fitting an RX7 with the engine from a 787B LMP?? I don't think so!!

Regardless of your cop-out, you have just admitted to breaching Sony's terms of use. Better hope you don't encounter me online!

LOL, you never seen a RX7 or RX8 with a 4 Rotor Engine?

here is a video only for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzi2_oiBMmY

And yes, i admit that i hack like a MAN !

Last edited:

Thank you for your warnings. I'm sure most people here will now kick you from their lobbies instantly to prevent you from ruining others' experience with your childish, close-minded and way serious attitude. 👍

I actually got arround 10 modded Cars now.

500hp - 1500hp

I only use them in Friends Free Run Lobby, and everybody know how to use them.

Game feels like new...

Hmmm good luck reporting 50% of the community.....

SunsetSailor

You have a lot of reporting to do then kid. Every drift lobby has hybrids ;P pretty much. Sad I sometimes think GTP is close minded but this person just reached a low.

svp
A little bit off modding is fun, as long they don't use it online!

Depends, I don't mind them online as long as they aren't using crazy illogical hybrids like the OP shows off.

Heck, even ran into one the other day and I have to admit his car was pretty cool, some Nismo R32 S-Tune in Matte Black and RWD converted, now that sounds like a fun car to drive.

Thank you for your warnings. I'm sure most people here will now kick you from their lobbies instantly to prevent you from ruining others' experience with your childish, close-minded and way serious attitude. 👍

I'm afraid you have it the wrong way around. It is the hacked cars that are ruining the game for me! I can't wait for when you all get banned from the PSN for life! No GT6 for you!

Hmmm good luck reporting 50% of the community.....

My point exactly. These hacked cars have become an epidemic and is utterly ruining online playing for me. It's becoming increasingly hard to find a room that isn't infested with the like likes of you. Sony must prevent these hacks from ruining GT6 too.

[off topic] what is this trend of calling each other kid? Oh what an insult [/

Sorry, I've just been seeing it pretty often and started to wonder if some of you have extraordinary mothers or something :lol:

I'm afraid you have it the wrong way around. It is the hacked cars that are ruining the game for me! I can't wait for when you all get banned from the PSN for life! No GT6 for you!

So everyone just makes another account following their ban because it is free to make one? Dang, sounds serious. About as serious as we are taking you :P

Honestly, hybrids have breathed life into a game that is, in my opinion, quite boring because of how limited it really is when you get down to it. Especially in comparison to its biggest competitor, Forza, which has far more customization options.

arora
what is this trend of calling each other kid? Oh what an insult

Sorry, I've just been seeing it pretty often and started to wonder if some of you have extraordinary mothers or something :lol:

Its the attitude that he is portraying, that of a kid, which is why the term is being used

So there is a point where grown men arguing over a trivial video game are not all children then?

Something has gone terribly wrong Scotty.

My point exactly. These hacked cars have become an epidemic and is utterly ruining online playing for me. It's becoming increasingly hard to find a room that isn't infested with the like likes of you. Sony must prevent these hacks from ruining GT6 too.

Do you realise nowadays how easy it is to create a PSN account and also transfer game saves? This is why you rarely hear of people getting their accounts banned unless their hacking/modding is effecting the game a lot.

You need to understand that hybrids are used in moderation and only the greedy people who get hands on a crazy hybrid use them abusively.

Honestly, hybrids have breathed life into a game that is, in my opinion, quite boring because of how limited it really is when you get down to it.

Can't agree more and I'll add that i am pretty sure that PD/Sony has made some serious money out of hybrids.
How many people have bought SSR-X cause the Hybrids?...the lot.

Banning people for this hack is out of the question for many reasons.

People hack and mod pretty much every game. Suddenly it happens in GT5 and we start having a hissy fit about it... :rolleyes:

@SunsetSailor you make my day ;) Thanks 👍

Last edited:
SunsetSailor

Your making me mad. Just don't go online. Issue resolved!

Wow. Really. So you don't see any good PD is getting from these hacks? You are looking at a small portion of a bigger picture.

I agree. Hybriding in GT5 reminds of something similar happening in Mario Kart Wii. There are normally only 32 tracks in that game, but some players managed to hack it, adding custom tracks, and now there are 184 in there. It's even possible to use these tracks online to race on. I don't know Nintendo's stand on this but it's obvious people want more tracks to race on and hopefully Nintendo sees that and will add more in the next Mario Kart game and maybe a track creator like in Mod Nation Racers. And yeah, just like you have people abusing hybrids in GT5, there are people in MKW who hack the game to have infinite stars and Spiny Shells to ruin people's races. But you just have to take the good with the bad. And hopefully, Sony/PD is seeing the good that is coming from this and will expand on customization in GT6.

sdf
Can't agree more and I'll add that i am pretty sure that PD/Sony has made some serious money out of hybrids.
How many people have bought SSR-X cause the Hybrids?...the lot.

It isn't out of the question; we just don't know what PD's response will be yet.

People may be buying SSRX because of them (that's just a guess, nothing more), but considering things like the Edge Camaro and the Stealth models are being hacked into the garages (and therefore taking money away from Sony/PD), if anything, there's added incentive for PD to come down harsh on this.

Which is why I'd just stick to offline fun with these, on a separate account that doesn't even have a PSN name tied to it.

Your making me mad. Just don't go online. Issue resolved!

Wait, just so we're clear; your advice to people who don't use the hacks, who stick to how the game was shipped and designed, is to stay offline? They should be the ones to miss out on it?

sdf

That's not what you said when you signed up to PSN.

Anyway, great to see that the game supplies the cars for the new time trials and overtake trials, solves the problem with hacked cars being used to cheat there. And perhaps it's a sign that they will solve this problem the soft way?

SlipZtrEm
It isn't out of the question; we just don't know what PD's response will be yet.

People may be buying SSRX because of them (that's just a guess, nothing more), but considering things like the Edge Camaro and the Stealth models are being hacked into the garages (and therefore taking money away from Sony/PD), if anything, there's added incentive for PD to come down harsh on this.

Which is why I'd just stick to offline fun with these, on a separate account that doesn't even have a PSN name tied to it.

Wait, just so we're clear; your advice to people who don't use the hacks, who stick to how the game was shipped and designed, is to stay offline? They should be the ones to miss out on it?

Now that you mention it, just stay out of hybrid rooms if you don't like hybrids. He is obviously going in hybrid rooms just to report people.

Honestly, no. PD should not let it slide. I'm all for a more creative/and more free modding system with realistic engine swaps (Cosworth in a Focus etc.) and more freedom to modify chassis, but with a completely unregulated system (as hybriding is) it can get out of control and a bit silly, as it has done.

So much arrogance and ignorance.. You guys need to relax all of the drama.. If you're a mod/hacker that needs over 2,000HP don't say anything if you're going to get mad at people who like games to be FAIR. As for those who like their cars with a little spice like realisticly swapped then sure its ok to a limit. But it's as everyone says. It's Ruining the game. It's harder finding legit lobbies anymore. Drift, Grip, Cruise, etc even boring parking lobbies are filled with it. No offense but I see cars that are scraping the ground it looks crazy ugly and unrealistic and your just messing up your game doing that. PD should have made it so that the game crashes when you hit a certain speed etc. Then people would have no choice but to play fair. Keep it fair people. Keep it respectful.

Now that you mention it, just stay out of hybrid rooms if you don't like hybrids. He is obviously going in hybrid rooms just to report people.

I missed the part where he said that.

Oh, wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back