Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are confusing inconvenience with punishment.

The punishment for bringing in a hacked car is being reported before being kicked and blocked. ...

So are you reporting them from within the game?

I think you would be better off reporting them here.

http://np.us.playstation.com/

This was link posted by a Moderator in a PSN forum. He said use cheating as the reason for reporting them and that every complaint would be investigated.

By the way don’t listen to all of the cheaters and cheater sympathizers on here. I run a pp restricted room so as far as I know, I have not seen anyone in any of these hacked cars, but if I did I would kick, block and report them.

So yes, i get so fed up from doing this several times in an afternoon/evening that if there comes a point in the evening when i've got nothing better to do, then that's what i'll do. Also, let me remind you that it is the ones with hacked cars who have breached Sony's terms of use. They are the ones in the wrong..not me!

No. You're just the one with so much free time that you've decided to actively seek out people playing with hybrid cars to report even when they aren't doing anything to you.

If hosts can't race with the rest of the drivers and have to spend their time quitting races to boot out offenders, no one is going to want to host are they?
Now you're making the claim that the mere responsibilities of hosting a room are going to make people not want to host a room? The "leave the race to boot people who don't follow the rules" things predates hybrid cars by years. From day one people were quickly sneaking race cars into road car rooms, or swapping to modern cars in historic car rooms. This is nothing new. In fact, I'd say it was even worse when the game came out, since the hosts could barely restrict anything back then.

People who regularly race in my room are honest and fair people. They don't need restrictions. I don't set limits because i don't like detuning anything. My limits are either road cars only or RMs and TCs only, with pp unlimited. In any case, even if i do try to set limits, the hackers know how to circumvent such limits, so all it does is disallow legitimate cars that my fair and reasonable friends want to use.

So your rooms have no restrictions, but you're complaining that hybrids are ruining your room when you're doing nothing about it?

Then you can't be that intelligent, hey!? He couldn't have made the point any clearer than he just did.
discord__watch_out_we_got_a_badass_by_lockiesajt-d4ndw62.jpg

Last edited:
How would you know if there were hackers in your room? See my post above.

That is why I said, "so far as I know". Truth is, I don’t know.

That is why I am so against these things.

I hope these people are dealt with so harshly that years from now people will be too afraid to hack GT6’s game save.

You go and look for these cars yet...

So do you go and lurk for them or create rooms with enticing titles to drag them in? :lol:

I wouldn't dare host such rooms. I just join rooms that facilitate them for a couple of mins, do what's needed, and leave. I'm sure Sony appreciates my efforts.

Watch out guys we have a bad-ass over here.

I'M the bad-ass?! Excuse me?? I'm not the one breaching Sony's terms of use!!

Why should everyone else's be ruined?

Usually, a few people's races have already been ruined by the hacked car. I'm not ruining anyone's races..just restarting them. And i'm talking about within 30 seconds of the race starting. Not mid-race as you are implying.

And to be blunt, if noone else in my room has a problem with me declaring red flags, i don't see why you should.

I wouldn't dare host such rooms. I just join rooms that facilitate them for a couple of mins, do what's needed, and leave. I'm sure Sony appreciates my efforts.

I'm fairly certain Sony doesn't care that you've dressed yourself in white and started doing knight-like things. Maybe when they actually start doing something about the hybrid cars your services will be called on, but at this point before they have going out of your way to send reports about people enjoying themselves against your wishes is just filling up their report inbox.

I'M the bad-ass?! Excuse me?? I'm not the one breaching Sony's terms of use!!

35d6s8w.jpg

Usually, a few people's races have already been ruined by the hacked car. I'm not ruining anyone's races..just restarting them. And i'm talking about within 30 seconds of the race starting. Not mid-race as you are implying.

Quite a lot of wasted effort and time though.

And to be blunt, if noone else in my room has a problem with me declaring red flags, i don't see why you should.

So I'm suddenly not allowed to have a different viewpoint?

Go and ask Sony's HR yourself see if they like what you're doing :lol:

If you hate them so much why even bother to go into a room with hybrids just to ban them, you sound like you got too much time on your hands :lol:

Also, besides the obvious hybrid trading lobby how can you be so sure that other lobbies you lurk facilitate these cars? Sounds like sort of a waste if you want to go around ban-hammering everyone and you find a legitimate lobby every once and awhile :lol:

So are you reporting them from within the game?

I think you would be better off reporting them here.

http://np.us.playstation.com/

This was link posted by a Moderator in a PSN forum. He said use cheating as the reason for reporting them and that every complaint would be investigated.

By the way don’t listen to all of the cheaters and cheater sympathizers on here. I run a pp restricted room so as far as I know, I have not seen anyone in any of these hacked cars, but if I did I would kick, block and report them.

T

hat is why I said, "so far as I know". Truth is, I don’t know.

That is why I am so against these things.

I hope these people are dealt with so harshly that years from now people will be too afraid to hack GT6’s game save.

THANK YOU! FINALLY.. Someone with a conscience! You've just restored my faith in humanity and this game. Keep up the good fight, mate. We cannot let these hacks ruin GT6 too.

And if you haven't seen one, consider yourself lucky. I didn't even want to see one and refused to look at them until they started appearing in my room. The hackers have been breeding these hacks like rats and now it's become an epidemic! 2 months ago, you would hardly be able to find one..Now you can't escape them. They're everywhere! They've been successful in utterly ruining GT5 with this illegal infestation. This has been partially facillitated by curiosity and indifference. Sadly, too many people are indifferent and lack the courage to speak out about what's right and wrong.

As i said, keep it up..as people who play the game legitimately, we must take a stand on this matter. I haven't seen an ounce of good come from this. Just races being ruined with mayhem.

Last edited:
THANK YOU! FINALLY.. Someone with a conscience! You've just restored my faith in humanity and this game.

Sheesh. Sounds like there are some personal issues at play if someone breaking a contract makes you lose your faith in humanity.

And if you haven't seen one, consider yourself lucky. I didn't even want to see one and refused to look at them until they started appearing in my room.
From refusing to look for them to actively tracking them down? Wow. That's a big step.

:lol:

They've been successful in utterly ruining GT5 with this illegal infestation.

Nope. That word still doesn't apply.

I voted for option 2. Hacking is wrong and is ridiculous . Simply because it is. It has ruined the core of the game & competitive racing is no longer possible unless your with friends you trust.

I'd love to vote for option 3 - Only punish the people that ruin online experience, but how do you suggest that will happen? Seems kind of impossible if you ask me.

I can see why people like being able to add hp and mod there cars in different ways. Hell, we're all petrol heads at the end of the day but it is wrong none the less.

I think Polyphony Digital should wake up and introduce these modding features in a fair way and give there fans something new, something that they want. A drag mode would be nice too.

As for GT6 well, if PD don't fix GT5, I won't bother with GT6.

THANK YOU! FINALLY.. Someone with a conscience! You've just restored my faith in humanity and this game. Keep up the good fight, mate. We cannot let these hacks ruin GT6 too.

And if you haven't seen one, consider yourself lucky. I didn't even want to see one and refused to look at them until they started appearing in my room. The hackers have been breeding these hacks like rats and now it's become an epidemic! 2 months ago, you would hardly be able to find one..Now you can't escape them. They're everywhere! They've been successful in utterly ruining GT5 with this illegal infestation. This has been partially facillitated by curiosity and indifference. Sadly, too many people are indifferent and lack the courage to speak out about what's right and wrong.

As i said, keep it up..as people who play the game legitimately, we must take a stand on this matter. I haven't seen an ounce of good come from this. Just races being ruined with mayhem.

Then you're quite ignorant of what people can really do with hybrids.

These hybrids do a world of good to the drifting world, RB26 in an S15? Hell yeah :lol:

Well yes but that doesn't mean the game should be hacked. Maybe PD should introduce hybrid tuning and building.

Well yes but that doesn't mean the game should be hacked. Maybe PD should introduce hybrid tuning and building.

The reason people are making these hybrids is the lack of customisation for engine swaps and drivetrain swaps, that's why a lot of people make them in the drifting forum and create realistic hybrids.

The ignorant one is you:tup:
Not quite. MuoNiuLa is right, hybrids have breathed life into the game for many, especially when it comes to building realistic, fun replicas.
If PD gave us the option of engine swapping in the first place, the amount of people who hybrid would be significantly reduced. I know for a fact that a handful of people hybrid because they want to perform engine swaps, in addition to removing wings and spoilers, and painting their cars that otherwise couldn't be painted.

Maybe PD should introduce hybrid tuning and building.

This is the reason why people are making these cars - because PD failed to add this in any update since the game came out. No livery editor, as was promised before release, and no engine/drivetrain swaps as are in Forza.

So if PD are going to fix this they should just introduce it to GT5, then people would be making legitimate 10,000HP GT-Rs and they would soon get bored with it. As I think people already are. The 100,000HP X1 is only good for one thing, really. And competitive racing isn't it.

EDIT: Tree'd! :lol: Same answers above me ^^

hybrids have breathed life into the game for many

Yes, hit the nail on the head there, sir.

We cannot let these hacks ruin GT6 too.

True. 1 way to (possibly) stop it is not being able to back-up the save data (how GT5 was). But then you would have people saying I lost my save data and have to start over again.

To be honest it comes down to the users using them responsibly. Some awesome cars have came from hybriding scene... some not so good :)

Quite curious how MuoNiuLa is the ignorant one for pointing out that there is more to hybriding than just ruining races online.

He/She is ignorant for not getting the point.

Isn't typing in franklin gothic medium beige rather narcissistic? I think so.

The thing is when people can no longer race competitively, they get annoyed.

He/She is ignorant for not getting the point.
The point SunsetSailor made was that the hybrids have been good for nothing but ruining races online. That point is obviously not true, and you'll have to come up with a bit more than a "nuh uh" response to explain why it is.

Isn't typing in franklin gothic medium beige rather narcissistic? I think so.
Good for you. Maybe Chrunch Houston will share his cookie with you.

The thing is when people can no longer race competitively, they get annoyed.
Which... no one said people have to be happy about not being competitive anymore?

The point SunsetSailor made was that the hybrids have been good for nothing but ruining races online. That point is obviously not true, and you'll have to come up with a bit more than a "nuh uh" response to explain why it is.

They ruin online races yes. & yes there good for nothing! check my narcacisstic red colour out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back