Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SunsetSailor FTW

Thank you. :)

Where was i.. It was obvious to me that people were never going to listen to me, so after having said my peace, i decided i had better things i could do than continue wasting my time on those who refuse to see sense.

As for double-posting or any other other such ambiguity, for anyone to point the finger when they openly breach Sony's terms of use is like the pot calling the kettle black.

As for the justification of why people are doing it, it makes no difference what the reasons are. If anyone does the wrong thing for the right reason, it's still wrong.

You and anyone who wishes to race cleanly and fairly without hacked cars are most welcome in my lobby anytime. :cheers:

As for the justification of why people are doing it, it makes no difference what the reasons are. If anyone does the wrong thing for the right reason, it's still wrong.

So, uh...
Speeding, IRL, is wrong, yes? Speeding = Wrong thing

Ambulance's/Emergency services help people? Help people = Right reason

So Emergency services speeding to help people is wrong... Riiiight...

Nismo34
So, uh...

Well I think his theory is squashed a little.

So, uh...

This has to be the worst example I have ever seen.

Try this:

They: A very small group wants no limits with modifying cars. They post and ask and wish for what they want.

PD: No comment or reply or acknowledgement!

They: Group continues to ask.

PD: NO NOTHING!

They: 1 Clever kid breaks the save codes and comes up with hacking tools.

Now just because PD did not meet your wish list or an ideal game, it gives you no right to hack. It is as wrong as if you asked a friend, neighbor, stranger or who ever to borrow their car and just because they dont reply to you or acknowledge you --> it does not give you the right to do as you please.

But who knows? PD could be using all this as a test bed or what not. Each side has a valid point, but asking versus jacking equals not in terms of being right. Maybe you missed that life lesson when the parents were trying to teach you that.

Well I think his theory is squashed a little.

You're kidding aren't ya?! :lol: His example was so ludicrous that i didn't think it was worthy of a reply.

Unlike the general public, it is not illegal for emergency vehicles to speed providing they follow their stringent protocols such as using their sirens and/or flashing lights, etc.

Therefore, that argument is grossly invalid.

Last edited:
SunsetSailor
You're kidding aren't ya?! :lol: His example was so ludicrous that i didn't think it was worthy of a reply.

Unlike the general public, it is not illegal for emergency vehicles to speed providing they follow their stringent protocals such as using their sirens and/or flashing lights.

Therefore, the argument is completely invalid.

Mate sarcasm.

Sorry its lost in text.

Therefore, that argument is grossly invalid.

So basically the wrong thing can be done for the right reason provided the right procedures are taken? Do we want to add anything else to that like it can only be done while standing on one leg while touching ones nose on a Saturday when its raining? In simple terms, my argument is as valid as yours.

Nismo34
So basically the wrong thing can be done for the right reason provided the right procedures are taken? Do we want to add anything else to that like it can only be done while standing on one leg while touching ones nose on a Saturday when its raining? In simple terms, my argument is as valid as yours.

Im not sure the point is its not against the law for emergency vehicles to speed.

Hang on we are drifting off here.

The mater of law that applies here is the protection of property owners, nothing more and nothing less. If you benefit in some way from that, good for you.

Its funny that people who complain in forums about how GT5 was bad and it wasn't this and that come here and say hybrids ruined the game. Yeah right the game is okay but its not top notch. Hybrids sure hell didn't ruin it. PD did. Stupid xp system, level system, they should had stayed with license requirements. There are other flaws but this not the thread for it.

It seems most of GTP has been left in the dark on this matter as it's a no-no to discuss on here apparently? Anyway EVERY single parameter of the car has been discovered now,you have no clue how deep it has infiltrated online racing, yes the 50,000HP Fiats are easy to spot, but see if you can spot my Super GT car with extra downforce, 8 speed trans, X2010 suspension and grip multiplier on the tires...the one that still meets 1100kg/493HP Super GT regulations. Over the last week or two the documenting and sharing of values in the save data has multiplied tenfold, allowing for the useless SSRX cars and also cars that look entirely stock but have a huge advantage over the equivalent of someone who doesn't know how to hack. The reason it hasn't been fixed yet is because the parameters being swapped/multiplied are the same ones that are modified in EVERYONE's game save, if you have a car that has any tuning part on it you could also be confused with a hacker, hence why it's virtually impossible to stop.

and to the guy talking about reporting every hybrid he sees online, just a word of advice, don't waste your time, reporting someone on PSN does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, trust me.

Finally a post that makes sense... we can't spot the smart "hacker". And it's virtually impossible to stop, like you say.
Conclusion: Gt5 is really broken.
Defend hybrids as much as you want guys, but as the fact, in this case, hybrids ruined this game, we have only some kind of "anarchy", a big online mess.
Don't blame pd saying this happened because they didn't put some things in the game, it's an excuse, nothing more.
I'm not playing this game (online) anymore because of this mess, and i'm not alone.
Reporting is a waste of time, if they really can't find a solution this game will be officialy DONE for a lot of players, since online it's like 75% (or more) of the game for many of us.

Don't blame pd saying this happened because they didn't put some things in the game, it's an excuse, nothing more.

I blame PD because 99% of modded car problems aren't modded car problems, they are lobby control problems. PD has only ever given the host barely enough control to actually run a room even after years of begging for something better.

If we had a thorough lobby control system, mod cars wouldn't be a problem. If we could at least set PP and HP and weight at once, as common sense would dictate, they would be a much smaller problem.

The excuse is saying that mods = bad always and only.

Finally a post that makes sense... we can't spot the smart "hacker". And it's virtually impossible to stop, like you say.
Conclusion: Gt5 is really broken.
Defend hybrids as much as you want guys, but as the fact, in this case, hybrids ruined this game, we have only some kind of "anarchy", a big online mess.
I'm not playing this game (online) anymore because of this mess, and i'm not alone.
Reporting is a waste of time, if they really can't find a solution this game will be officialy DONE for a lot of players, since online it's like 75% (or more) of the game for many of us.

Furinkazen
I will only play recommend car and shuffle races from now.

You can both join racing series with private lobbys. But recommend doing so with honest folks.

As for Shuffled Races it can become a bit boring too. With equal drivers but various cars and same tires, passing for the lead can get a bit difficult.

I blame PD because 99% of modded car problems aren't modded car problems, they are lobby control problems. PD has only ever given the host barely enough control to actually run a room even after years of begging for something better.

If we had a thorough lobby control system, mod cars wouldn't be a problem. If we could at least set PP and HP and weight at once, as common sense would dictate, they would be a much smaller problem.

The excuse is saying that mods = bad always and only.

YOU CAN THEN GO BACK TO THE XBOX THING!

Stop SPAMMING the GT5 forums!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Furi doesn't need to be reminded about racing series... :sly:

:lol:

YOU CAN THEN GO BACK TO THE XBOX THING!

Stop SPAMMING the GT5 forums!

Ironically, this post is spam (doubly so since it's a double post).

Exorcet's one pointing out that the lobby system in GT5 is really weak, and many of the problems with the hybrid cars come from that rather than them just existing, is not.

Unlike the general public, it is not illegal for emergency vehicles to speed providing they follow their stringent protocols such as using their sirens and/or flashing lights, etc.

They don't actually have to do this, funnily enough, so the comparison applies more than you seem to be implying.

I took the liberty of reporting my own PSN ID, so confident am I that they will do nothing about this.

One less for you to worry about, Cap'n Sailor. :sly:

Once again Its funny that people who complain in forums about how GT5 was bad and it wasn't this and that come here and say hybrids ruined the game. Yeah right the game is okay but its not top notch. Hybrids sure hell didn't ruin it. PD did. Stupid xp system, level system, they should had stayed with license requirements. There are other flaws but this not the thread to discuss it.

Ironically, this post is spam (doubly so since it's a double post).

:irked: got me on that double.

Toronado

Exorcet's one pointing out that the lobby system in GT5 is really weak, and many of the problems with the hybrid cars come from that rather than them just existing, is not.
:lol: and how many pages of un-informed posts by Exocet were made before he concluded that the PP system had issues? 💡

Now Exorcet wants to ramble by starting it off that it is PD's fault? :confused: Before V2.10, no such issues. Before Sorg, no such issue and he now concludes PD's design as the weakness versus the introduction of the hacked cars being the cause. Anyways, endless circles with him and his newly arrived opinions.

We all get it. Game did not live up to some and for some it is still fine for what it is. Could there be more? Always.

In general, if one does not like an establishment....then dont go back. If the show was not what you expected, say your piece and move on. This is not like personal weight loss. Complaining and not doing anything about it is different as this involves an entire community and someones creation.

Want unlimited modding games...Fine. Gather your own resources and create your own game.

PD might be on to all this based on recent TT seasonals. Ohh what if at all will they do!

and how many pages of un-informed posts by Exocet were made before he concluded that the PP system had issues?
About zero. I've been asking for these things since about 30 seconds after PP was reimplemented after being removed (as it was in GT5P).

Before V2.10, no such issues.
Have you been following?

In general, if one does not like an establishment....then dont go back. If the show was not what you expected, say your piece and move on.
So, you've giving up on GT5 because it's modded and won't speak about it again I suppose?

Want unlimited modding games...Fine. Gather your own resources and create your own game.

On the other hand, if you want a mod proof game...

About zero. I've been asking for these things since about 30 seconds after PP was reimplemented after being removed (as it was in GT5P).
OK, they did not fix it and the point being what? You moved on to Forza.

Exorcet
Have you been following?
Of course. I get it, you dont like the menu. But, rather leaving to a different establishment you want to whine.

Exorcet
So, you've giving up on GT5 because it's modded and won't speak about it again I suppose?
Incorrect. Lobby I go to is not infected yet and most likely will never be as replays are watched by stewards. Off days, I know better not to venture into OPEN lobbys.

Exorcet
On the other hand, if you want a mod proof game...
:confused: too late now unless PD does something more than the current Seasonals T/T. Remember, not everyone has the luxury of time to search for hacked cars. Some just want to get in, have their quick fix against real folks who wont cheat them in a fair race. Shuffles Lobby's... they are ok but to a degree.

OK, they did not fix it and the point being what? You moved on to Forza.

Using your restaurant analogy: what, are people expected to only eat at one restaurant? Nothing wrong with visiting multiple ones.

Of course. I get it, you dont like the menu. But, rather leaving to a different establishment you want to whine.

Rather than silently leaving and never returning, I find it much more productive to open a dialog with the establishment to find any issues.

Incorrect. Lobby I go to is not infected yet and most likely will never be as replays are watched by stewards. Off days, I know better not to venture into OPEN lobbys.

I can tell you right now that, thanks to PD removing layers of info in replays with each successive full GT title, that it is entirely possible to use hybrids that can go undetected in videos.

:confused: too late now unless PD does something more than the current Seasonals T/T. Remember, not everyone has the luxury of time to search for hacked cars. Some just want to get in, have their quick fix against real folks who wont cheat them in a fair race. Shuffles Lobby's... they are ok but to a degree.

Speaking from a programming perspective, it's entirely possible to limit the use of hybrids online. And frankly, it needs to be explored unless we want this same thing being an issue from Day 1 in GT6.

Using your restaurant analogy: what, are people expected to only eat at one restaurant? Nothing wrong with visiting multiple ones.
Actually, I completely agree with you on that. So one does not have to sit in for any servings if they do not enjoy what is offered to them.

Rather than silently leaving and never returning, I find it much more productive to open a dialog with the establishment to find any issues.
It would be great to have a fix, but sadly that involves PD to do something if anything at all. Also discussions are great so long as all the weird excuses to justify things are not entered into the mix as thats been covered already. Basically going in circles again then :ouch:. In any case, agreed. As I said before, this forum has taken a serious weird turn after the lastest update came from PD and hackers releasing their tools. It is now them versus them and an dying trading forum has turned into a ghost town.

I can tell you right now that, thanks to PD removing layers of info in replays with each successive full GT title, that it is entirely possible to use hybrids that can go undetected in videos.
Then I feel for any member that has not enjoyed racings against another member in a lobby cleanly yet. It really does bring the game to a different light. Good for me that we know the usual suspects in the race and mix things up with Pure stock and PP levels.

Speaking from a programming perspective, it's entirely possible to limit the use of hybrids online. And frankly, it needs to be explored unless we want this same thing being an issue from Day 1 in GT6.
Sadly quick fix for them is to hault trades, shares and in future game saves via remote device. If this quick fix is the only answer, then we are royaly fork*d if the servers are down or they are going on a few days maintenance schedule. Then we really dont own the game if we cannot access it during those off times.

Hopefully the update where they can check the save data before the game loads is under construction and we are still left with some freedom.

FYI PP is still the best thing to keep *most hybrids out, if you mod the car too much the PP will start to drop, the good thing about that is it takes huge numbers for the PP to start dropping and those hybrids are very easy to spot and kick, editing downforce, grip, and weight outside of GT still effects PP in-game, what doesn't effect PP is swapped parts from other cars, for example a race car suspension under a street car, you would never know and the person would have superior handling without effecting their PP value, same goes for engine, trans and chassis swaps (although they don't effect performance as much).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back