Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AiYuna
So much arrogance and ignorance.. You guys need to relax all of the drama.. If you're a mod/hacker that needs over 2,000HP don't say anything if you're going to get mad at people who like games to be FAIR. As for those who like their cars with a little spice like realisticly swapped then sure its ok to a limit. But it's as everyone says. It's Ruining the game. It's harder finding legit lobbies anymore. Drift, Grip, Cruise, etc even boring parking lobbies are filled with it. No offense but I see cars that are scraping the ground it looks crazy ugly and unrealistic and your just messing up your game doing that. PD should have made it so that the game crashes when you hit a certain speed etc. Then people would have no choice but to play fair. Keep it fair people. Keep it respectful.

I have no problem playing the game fair. It wouldn't be a issue if Kaz made engine swaps and drivetain( I think that's how you spell it). Like come on Forza 1 had swaps and GT5 had all that time to think of a idea like this.

For those of you that are screaming this is not fair. Maybe you should try it because I've created alotta realistic replicas Ferrari Fxx for example and it only has 1000hp and handles like a fxx. Maybe and another Thing everything you do to the car affects the pp so you cant really " cheat"

R34EVO9
For those of you that are screaming this is not fair. Maybe you should try it because I've created alotta realistic replicas Ferrari Fxx for example and it only has 1000hp and handles like a fxx. Maybe and another Thing everything you do to the car affects the pp so you cant really " cheat"

That's cool. I would like to try it pm me.

All such modding/hacking/swapping is a breach of Sony's terms of use and is illegal.

There's no grey area as far as i'm concerned. I hope Sony bans these people from corrupting GT6.
Just like possessing/using an illegal drug is just as unlawful as manufactoring and selling the stuff.

tumblr_m81iz6Artd1qdbcn8.jpg

Thus if you have a hacked car in your possession and i catch you using it online, i wil report you to sony. No excuses!
I regularly venture into public lobbies searching for hacked cars and report them to Sony before leaving. I have no shame in telling people that i've reported them. It's in my automatic departure message as i leave the room. Then i go to the XMB and look for them under 'players met' and block them.

Zero-tolerance is the only way in my book!

Congratulations. I'm glad you found such a constructive use of your free time.

Engine-swapping should be in the game? Like fitting an RX7 with the engine from a 787B LMP?? I don't think so!!

I guess that settles that!!

Regardless of your cop-out, you have just admitted to breaching Sony's terms of use. Better hope you don't encounter me online!

You know, it would be pretty trivial to keep that from happening, since your PSN id (Sun53t_S41l0r) is displayed on the same public forum you just used to announce you were doing this and all.

I missed the part where he said that.

Oh, wait...
He did say it Slip, or at least heavily implied it:
I regularly venture into public lobbies searching for hacked cars and report them to Sony before leaving.

:lol: At the white knight!

Not sure where to post this but I figure this is a good a thread as any.

I had a thought recently, we all know from sorg's thread that there is Stage 4 (and 5?) Turbo and Engine upgrades in the game but just dissabled. We also know that some of the higher power cars achived through hybrid/hacking bend and break the PP system when the power is above 1000hp, HP goes up and PP goes down.

Anyone think PD took the easy route and dissabled these Stage 4 (and 5?) Turbo and Engine upgrades because they knew it would lower the PP on the higher HP cars and not increase it, insted of trying to fix the PP system so it calculated it correctly for these upgrades?

So much arrogance and ignorance.. You guys need to relax all of the drama.. If you're a mod/hacker that needs over 2,000HP don't say anything if you're going to get mad at people who like games to be FAIR. As for those who like their cars with a little spice like realisticly swapped then sure its ok to a limit. But it's as everyone says. It's Ruining the game. It's harder finding legit lobbies anymore. Drift, Grip, Cruise, etc even boring parking lobbies are filled with it. No offense but I see cars that are scraping the ground it looks crazy ugly and unrealistic and your just messing up your game doing that. PD should have made it so that the game crashes when you hit a certain speed etc. Then people would have no choice but to play fair. Keep it fair people. Keep it respectful.

I don't see the point in making posts like this. Be honest, do you really expect people to give a hoot and stop what they're doing once they read this?

I don't see the point in making posts like this. Be honest, do you really expect people to give a hoot and stop what they're doing once they read this?

My thoughts exactly as well, can't really stop it now unless PD implements drastic changes, just gotta live with all these hybrids dude.

He's expressing his opinion, same as you. One could ask you the same question. Do you really expect people to just say, "oh ok I think Hybriding is great, now that you've told me so"?

Maybe it ruined the grip/ drag community but its a heaven for the drift community. I mean, I can finally put some more juice into my gt86. This game is getting old and boring imo and now with all the hybrids its adding a lil bit more fun to it. I used to come online just for a few minutes every day but now im on it for hours. I just hope that they can look at all these realistic mods and decide to put it in gt6 but with a limitation.

He's expressing his opinion, same as you. One could ask you the same question. Do you really expect people to just say, "oh ok I think Hybriding is great, now that you've told me so"?

No. If they're against hybrids, they have a right to that opinion. But coming here and telling people how to play their game is pointless to me.

Now that you mention it, just stay out of hybrid rooms if you don't like hybrids. He is obviously going in hybrid rooms just to report people.

Oh come on, they are everywhere now. Impossible to avoid, that's the actual situation.

No. If they're against hybrids, they have a right to that opinion. But coming here and telling people how to play their game is pointless to me.

Its not pointless, his point is the game shouldn't be hacked and should be played the way it was designed. That's just as valid as anything else.

Sunsetsailor PSN is not going to take you serious. If you report 10 people a day or more than they gonna think you are some kind of wannabe PD police.

I regularly venture into public lobbies searching for hacked cars and report them to Sony before leaving. I have no shame in telling people that i've reported them. It's in my automatic departure message as i leave the room. Then i go to the XMB and look for them under 'players met' and block them.

Zero-tolerance is the only way in my book!

3tgw3t.jpg

Me and my friend had some drag races in the 100,000 hp Red Bull and the 125,600 hp Bugatti Veyron

Its not pointless, his point is the game shouldn't be hacked and should be played the way it was designed. That's just as valid as anything else.

By that logic, there should be no drag rooms, cop rooms, and whatever other made-up activity players have come up with. They're not part of the game so I guess we can't do them anymore. What a shame.

Now that you mention it, just stay out of hybrid rooms if you don't like hybrids. He is obviously going in hybrid rooms just to report people.

Because they come into my room too and ruin races when i'm hosting.

They wait for me to start the race before appearing on the grid with a hacked car. Then, i have to declare a red flag, exit the race, deal with the hacked car, wait for everyone else to get off the track, then wait for everyone to get back on the track, THEN i can FINALLY restart the race!

So yes, i get so fed up from doing this several times in an afternoon/evening that if there comes a point in the evening when i've got nothing better to do, then that's what i'll do. Also, let me remind you that it is the ones with hacked cars who have breached Sony's terms of use. They are the ones in the wrong..not me!

Last edited:
Tried setting a maximum horsepower limit?

That should keep the overpowered hybrids out. PD supplied us with the tools to keep out the cars we don't want, it's just a question of people using them... lol

Because they come into my room too and ruin races when i'm hosting.

They wait for me start the race before appearing on the grid with a hacked car. Then, i have to declarea red flag, wait for evereyone to get off the track, then deal with the hacker, then wait for eaveryone else to get back on the track, THEN i can FINALLY restart the race!

So yes, i get so fed up with them that when i've got nothing better to do, then that's what i'll do. Also, let me remind that it is the ones with hacked cars who have breached Sony's terms of use. They are the ones in the wrong..not me!

Do you really have to make everyone get off the track just because you have to get off? I go down so everyone is coming with me? Silliness.

By that logic, there should be no drag rooms, cop rooms, and whatever other made-up activity players have come up with. They're not part of the game so I guess we can't do them anymore. What a shame.

There is nothing about drag racing within GT5 the way it is done now, that goes outside any of the parameters of the original game. Your example is incorrect.

That should keep the overpowered hybrids out. PD supplied us with the tools to keep out the cars we don't want, it's just a question of people using them... lol

Won't work to keep out hybrids that are just barely better than standard GT5 versions. For a good driver, a 20-40 hp advantage is all it takes to become virtually unbeatable. I also believe that there is a way to use softer tires, while the game displays and thinks you have harder tires. I haven't confirmed that, only read it here.

Do you really have to make everyone get off the track just because you have to get off? I go down so everyone is coming with me? Silliness.

If hosts can't race with the rest of the drivers and have to spend their time quitting races to boot out offenders, no one is going to want to host are they?

Won't work to keep out hybrids that are just barely better than standard GT5 versions. For a good driver, a 20-40 hp advantage is all it takes to become virtually unbeatable. I also believe that there is a way to use softer tires, while the game displays and thinks you have harder tires. I haven't confirmed that, only read it here.

Not to mention the fact that chassis's can be swapped - one's with aero - to a normal, under-the-hp-limit car which if you're not using PP restrictions can get by the HP restrictions. But also the fact that there's a grip multiplier just like the HP multiplier - so a normal street car under PP and HP regulations can outcorner the same car on the same tires.

There's always going to be a way to circumvent the restrictions in the Online Lobbies. That's not changed, even before the hybrids there were cars that could out-race cars at the same PP level. But now it's more complicated to tell who's using hybrids to cheat and who's using hybrids just for fun.

People who regularly race in my room are honest and fair people. They don't need restrictions. I don't set limits because i don't like detuning anything. My limits are either road cars only or RMs and TCs only, with pp unlimited. In any case, even if i do try to set limits, the hackers know how to circumvent such limits, so all it does is disallow legitimate cars that my fair and reasonable friends want to use.

Why should my race be ruined?!

There is nothing about drag racing within GT5 the way it is done now, that goes outside any of the parameters of the original game. Your example is incorrect.

If hosts can't race with the rest of the drivers and have to spend their time quitting races to boot out offenders, no one is going to want to host are they?

THANK YOU!

I don't see your point. Nor the relevance.

Then you can't be that intelligent, hey!? He couldn't have made the point any clearer than he just did.

It's a silly point, being a host comes with responsibilities.

If you don't what those responsibilities then don't host. With no hybrids in the game there are plenty of times a host needs to quit the race so he can kick, nature of the beast. We are not in elementary school where the teacher punishes everyone for the wrong doings of one :lol:

It's a silly point, being a host comes with responsibilities.

If you don't what those responsibilities then don't host. With no hybrids in the game there are plenty of times a host needs to quit the race so he can kick, nature of the beast. We are not in elementary school where the teacher punishes everyone for the wrong doings of one :lol:

You are confusing inconvenience with punishment.

The punishment for bringing in a hacked car is being reported before being kicked and blocked. It's merely the inconvenience of restarting the race that is shared by the rest of us.

The reason i host is because i can't seem to find a decent room. I'm sick and tired of waiting for hosts to kick someone who needs to be kicked because they're too lenient. I'd much rather host my own room and be able to nip things in the bud straight away.

And by the way, all the feedback i receive is positive and not one person in my room has complained about me declaring a red flag! They blame the person who caused the disruption in the first place and repectfully agree with such decisions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back