Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had the money and power believe me you could fit supercar engines in small cars like MR2, Civics, miatas, and hatchbacks in real life. And for real even with more money you could put racecar and F1 engines in small cars to supercars.

Ranman20
If you had the money and power believe me you could fit supercar engines in small cars like MR2, Civics, miatas, and hatchbacks in real life. And for real even with more money you could put racecar and F1 engines in small cars to supercars.

Hell topgear had a jag engine in a lorry anything is possible.

thelvynau
Hell topgear had a jag engine in a lorry anything is possible.

Yep did you hear about Shelby's 50th anniversary mustang GT500? Its packing 1200hp. Its insane bro, so all you haters who always say dude there is no 1000hp+ mustang, well there is one.

I only make realistic hybrids

WP_000139_zps34e8ee44.jpg

Ranman20
Yep did you hear about Shelby's 50th anniversary mustang GT500? Its packing 1200hp. Its insane bro, so all you haters who always say dude there is no 1000hp+ mustang, well there is one.

I had heard. When I did I was in all kinds of joy.

jimipitbull
I only make realistic hybrids

Yeah its not impossible to make a miata with over 600 horses in real life. So if I see a miata with 600 horses in GT I'm gonna think he was replicating something he would do in real life.

Well, the simple fact is - these cars are a violation of Sonys T&Cs. So, there's no way they're going to 'let it slide'.

For e.g, take Jordan & GTP; if Jordan just decided to let a violation slide, it would spread, and there would be people with offensive Profiles (and spam-bots) everywhere.

:lol:👍

People just need to be courteous about it. Do it where it isn't going to tick off other people (i.e. dedicated rooms, GT mode, etc).

Unfortunately I think the standard cars will win that because you can't tune hybrids and their suspension IIRC, or can someone clarify that for me 👍

The second you touch the suspension settings, your suspension mods are gone. Same thing happens with changing to a new tuning sheet. Unless you got the stock suspension, in which case you can buy the Fully customizable suspension. BTW what does IIRC stand for?

If I recall correctly.

Well why not just say that?? You know type the words "if i recall correctly" with correct spelling as required by the AUP.. There's no way i would've known what IIRC meant! It drives me nuts how people do that these days. It can make a whole sentence whithin a paragraph gibberish nonsense. Just type out the full words correctly. It's not that hard and would it a lot easier for people like me.

Well why not just say that?? You know type the words "if i recall correctly" with correct spelling as required by the AUP.. There's no way i would've known what IIRC meant! It drives me nuts how people do that these days. It can make a whole sentence whithin a paragraph gibberish nonsense. Just type out the full words correctly. It's not that hard and would it a lot easier for people like me.

Acronyms ≠ bad grammar. Though I personally avoid them as often as possible since they're hellish on people who don't natively speak English (Me trying to read sloppy Kanji comes to mind which has made me so much more sympathetic in that regard)

With x2010 suspension and LM car chassis? Its all realistic people do this all the time.

You are trying to justify an open hacking platform where virtually any variable can be swapchopped on the basis that you can create the omdd freak car that has existed in reality, ignoring the effects of the hacking on a larger scale and its effect on in game parity.
You're defeating the point of my post. Yes, swapping chassis isn't entirely realistic, but he was trying to say that engine swapping isn't either, and thus he won't do it (at least he was trying to imply that, it seems).

I can't believe people are entertaining the idea. IT IS RUINING ONLINE RACING. Online racing already sucked because nobody took it seriously, everybody runs on racing soft tires and never uses heavy damage, but the hacked cars have gone too far.

I race in a high level F1 league, the fastest F1 driver in the world runs it (IMMORTALPILOT), you'll see his name at #1 if you do the madrid FGT time trial this week, and we had to close the league because of cheaters. It's unnacceptable because there's not always concrete ways to prove someone's cheating but just the fact that it exists is ridiculous. They better patch this because I already am disgusted with PD over a number of things, but this would be too much. They've done so many patches, some usefull, some not, some that practically ruined online racing. If they just abandon us now, it would be absolutely terrible.

This is the worst problem ever to arise in GT5 by far, so if they can patch so many small problems they better patch this.

I would be fine if they made hybrids only allowed in single player or in private lobbies but not public. It's not right, public lobbies should be on an even playing field without cheaters

I can't believe people are entertaining the idea. IT IS RUINING ONLINE RACING. Online racing already sucked because nobody took it seriously, everybody runs on racing soft tires and never uses heavy damage, but the hacked cars have gone too far.

I race in a high level F1 league, the fastest F1 driver in the world runs it (IMMORTALPILOT), you'll see his name at #1 if you do the madrid FGT time trial this week, and we had to close the league because of cheaters. It's unnacceptable because there's not always concrete ways to prove someone's cheating but just the fact that it exists is ridiculous. They better patch this because I already am disgusted with PD over a number of things, but this would be too much. They've done so many patches, some usefull, some not, some that practically ruined online racing. If they just abandon us now, it would be absolutely terrible.

This is the worst problem ever to arise in GT5 by far, so if they can patch so many small problems they better patch this.

I would be fine if they made hybrids only allowed in single player or in private lobbies but not public. It's not right, public lobbies should be on an even playing field without cheaters

I mostly agree with you but why aren't you running your F1 league in private lobbies?

Never knew acronyms broke the AUP, plus try and type a post from your phone and you'll see why I used an acronym :lol:

Also, that honda looks so odd with that engine and the wheel spin would be crazy :lol:

I'm guessing IP finally lost...lol. Can't you just do a PP, then an HP/Weight check? It's not like they can swap chassis and not get noticed. If someone has hacked downforce somehow, they won't pass the PP test. If they've hacked power or weight, they won't pass that test either. If they pass both they are legit. Or am I missing something.

Never knew acronyms broke the AUP, plus try and type a post from your phone and you'll see why I used an acronym :lol:

Acronyms of formal terms such as AUP, LMP, etc, and that such is found in the Official English Dictionary. Not acronyms of such common words and phrases that they could mean anything. This is not a game of wheel of fortune where you try to guess the missing letters! :grumpy:

Hei
IIRC, TTYL, BRB, IMO are pretty universal.

FYI, GTG, GG/GR, N/A, OMG, OMW, LOL, LMAO, ROFL and the list goes on and on...

Anyways, now I understand what the fuss is all about (I know its a bit late). Frankly, my hybrids stick to drifting and drifting only.

And this is where everything gets complicated..... see, I want hybrids to stay, because I think they're the best thing that has ever happened to GT since its release; but cheating, I dont tolerate. THAT'S where I'am against hybrids. Hopefully there is a solution to cheating.

Last edited:
nismo34
....4wd, fwd, rwd, abs, hp, dohc....

Gonna pick on acronyms, sailor, might as well have a gripe about them all :rolleyes:

v-tec.... Gto.... D1gt.... F1...... Dk......nascar......nasa....nsa.....cia.....fbi.....dea.....swat.....

Hei
IIRC, TTYL, BRB, IMO are pretty universal.

It took awhile to realize that brb was not a gulp. I was trying to pronounce it as it was spelled.

And you wouldn't believe how long it took for me to realize that gr was not the same as grrrr.

....4wd, fwd, rwd, abs, hp, dohc....

Gonna pick on acronyms, Sailor, might as well have a gripe about them all :rolleyes:

those are terms used in the game, except dohc. No idea what that means!

v-tec.... Gto.... D1gt.... F1...... Dk......nascar......nasa....nsa.....cia.....fbi.....dea.....swat.....

What's a v-tec? Don't know Gto, nsa, or dea either.

Dual overhead camshaft. DOHC

Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control is VTEC.

Gto is just a car name.

DEA is drug enforcement agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back