Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wankelhead
Actualy people can get DLC cars via savefile hacks.
It has already been showed in this forum, a non US player with the Edge SS Camaro.
So, techicaly, it could actualy be a hack, if someone of a country had a car not normally obtainable.
It's normal for people to get overly cautious, and miskick a non hacker.

Sure but remember. Back when that code was out after you bought that shave cream to get it. I went to Sam's Club and bought a big case of like i think 40 of them (i was using that shave cream at the time so whatever you know). Then i used to give away the codes a lot. I am sure other people gave them away too. So i wouldn't doubt that people from other countries have them making them valid

Not going to lie, I think it's wrong that people are - in essence - stealing DLC with coding. Each to their own I guess.

Not going to lie, I think it's wrong that people are - in essence - stealing DLC with coding. Each to their own I guess.

True that but then again the DLC should've been with the game in the first place :lol:

I already forked out enough money to get my signature edition GT5, I ain't spending more on DLC that should've came with the game

👍 However I don't mind much the Stealth and Chromeline access, it's been over 2 years and I'm surprised Polyphony hadn't already offered it to everyone. Not saying they should, but I'd imagine that's something they could do. Easily make a bunch of money by doing that. I would say they probably respect the exclusivity of Signature and Collector Edition owners but they had already offered the GT-R and NSX Stealth cars to everyone at one point.

True that but then again the DLC should've been with the game in the first place :lol:

I already forked out enough money to get my signature edition GT5, I ain't spending more on DLC that should've came with the game

Woah now, in this case, there is no "should" when it comes to DLC and GT5.

Sure but remember. Back when that code was out after you bought that shave cream to get it. I went to Sam's Club and bought a big case of like i think 40 of them (i was using that shave cream at the time so whatever you know). Then i used to give away the codes a lot. I am sure other people gave them away too. So i wouldn't doubt that people from other countries have them making them valid

Alright, I understand that. But that DLC was region locked, so people outside the US couldn't use it in game anyway. I should know, I tried it myself. But even though I got the DLC, it won't appear in my version of GT5.

👍 However I don't mind much the Stealth and Chromeline access, it's been over 2 years and I'm surprised Polyphony hadn't already offered it to everyone. Not saying they should, but I'd imagine that's something they could do. Easily make a bunch of money by doing that. I would say they probably respect the exclusivity of Signature and Collector Edition owners but they had already offered the GT-R and NSX Stealth cars to everyone at one point.

Don't forget about the chromelines offered as christmas gift, in Japan.

Last edited:
Wankelhead
Alright, I understand that. But that DLC was region locked, so people outside the US couldn't use it in game anyway. I should know, I tried it myself. But even though I got the DLC, it won't appear in my version of GT5.

I gave the codes away to a lot of people in the UK and different countries in Europe and they just made a American account and got the car.

Just saying that's how I know people from at least there have them. Don't ask me how they just did

It's not hard at all, I used to have accounts set up for many countries for that exact reason.

Hei
They are both against the TOS.

Are they? The mods/admin here would seem to disagree with you. If it was against the TOS talk of sponging and duping would have been banned here. But it isn't. However any kind of discussion of any other way of manipulating savegames is banned

The biggest issue is the clandestine nature of the hybrids. Since they need to stay within the PP limits, they are theoretically even but I know I have seen them be significantly better. Since you can couple a willing engine to an aerodynamic body, you often end up with something that works really well. It's human nature to try and make "your" car the best so of course the mods will only stop once the car is at the sharp end of competitiveness.

If everyone knew from the start that someone was using a hybrid, and the host allowed it, then there's no issue. If PD/Sony simply add an identifier so that the online people know when a car is a hybrid, I say the problem is solved and everyone is happy.

At the end of the day, this game is about collecting rare cars. I have all but a few of them and I paid for some but I wouldn't be upset if someone got them through other means. These hybrids add to the pool. Like I said, I simply want to know what I am up against.

chug-a-bug
Are they? The mods/admin here would seem to disagree with you. If it was against the TOS talk of sponging and duping would have been banned here. But it isn't. However any kind of discussion of any other way of manipulating savegames is banned

You dont think manipulating files is against the TOS from Sony?

I gave the codes away to a lot of people in the UK and different countries in Europe and they just made a American account and got the car.

Just saying that's how I know people from at least there have them. Don't ask me how they just did

It's not hard at all, I used to have accounts set up for many countries for that exact reason.

And were they able to use it ingame? I have an American account too, with the Camaro SS DLC, and like I said previously, it won't show ingame with my GT5 version.

I'm pretty sure what matters in this case is the game version (PAL/NTSC), not the PSN account.

Here is another reason why modding should be given the ax. If your in a drag lobby and cleaning house with a good tune. Someone is going to yell "Hacker" It's really beginning to bring out the worst in people. There will always be sore losers, and sore winners. But this is getting old fast. And the excuse "It's a realistic tune", Who is making that call? The Cheater?

EXACTLY

Just having hacked cars in existance is detrimental to the community

I'm not an expert, but I don't believe there is anything that can be modded that doesn't show up in either a PP or HP/Weight check, especially considering it's a single make series. You can't just add or delete parts without it affecting something which will show up in a check, unless you are taking off power, in which case it will hurt not help. If you're still in doubt, you can watch replays and double check speeds at the end of the longest straight and the tach. They dont lie.

In a multi make series it might be a little harder but still possible so long as you have spec'd the cars and are familiar with them. Again, engine sounds, the tach, top speeds don't lie. If you are found laying off the throttle at some point, it's a clear indicator.

Maybe I'll PM Immortal about this stuff. It's a very popular series and I'd hate to see it go down from a lack of knowledge, as opposed to something real.

Well the replay did seem really odd. This guy Aug, has NEVER been that fast before, not even remotely. I don't blame him for being suspicious because it didn't seem right at all.

I am fully aware of how a track can suit a driver too because I've experienced it in a big way. Normally, I'm finishing around or behind tenth place but when we race at madrid I usually finish 6th or 7th, and have pace only 2 seconds behind IP instead of 4 like usual. Even that wouldn't explain his improvements. There was a practice race 3 days earlier, his pace was much slower. He wasn't anywhere near IP.

I just hope the series is dead for selfish reasons, we switched to the FGT, and I like it a lot better than the F10. I don't care if we ever find out the truth, I just want to race and Immortal runs a great league.

I do want them to patch the hacked cars because just the suspicion of it will lead to so many arguments and it will possibly ruin more series like ours.

Last edited:
EXACTLY

Just having hacked cars in existance is detrimental to the community

Well the replay did seem really odd. This guy Aug, has NEVER been that fast before, not even remotely. I don't blame him for being suspicious because it didn't seem right at all.

I am fully aware of how a track can suit a driver too because I've experienced it in a big way. Normally, I'm finishing around or behind tenth place but when we race at madrid I usually finish 6th or 7th, and have pace only 2 seconds behind IP instead of 4 like usual. Even that wouldn't explain his improvements. There was a practice race 3 days earlier, his pace was much slower. He wasn't anywhere near IP.

I just hope the series is dead for selfish reasons, we switched to the FGT, and I like it a lot better than the F10. I don't care if we ever find out the truth, I just want to race and Immortal runs a great league.

I do want them to patch the hacked cars because just the suspicion of it will lead to so many arguments and it will possibly ruin more series like ours.

I totally agree on the suspicion front. I have some surprising cars that I've tuned and I can see the accusations being hurled my way.

I've grabbed a mod tool and tried it on one of my cars. To the outside world, there is no way to tell if the car is a hybrid or not. The name of the model matches the visuals despite what might be under the skin. Also, realistic tunes are great in theory, but when your brilliant creation ends up being slower than the original, the search for improvement begins. It's far too tempting.

Like I said, either they find a way to make it transparent to the other players or they need to do away with it.

So i think PD does not care about this Situation.

Decisions that affect a multi-million dollar franchise are not taken without consideration. What will anger the community least? Do away with the modding or let it slide?

The mods/admins have actually gone to great lengths to explain that it is not GTP's duty to enforce Sony's ToS.

Odd how? Did you check his top speeds? Corner speeds through the high speed bends? Was he consistently on the racing line? How was his tire wear? At this point, 2+ years into the game, you should be able to look at that replay, make a couple of notes and figure out exactly what was done.

When you set up the room are there any restrictions on HP, Weight, PP, Tires etc? Or do you just limit it to F1's?

I'm getting "Cannot connect to server GT5 error Id = 3:533"

So do a few friends of mine :(

I got a few error codes yesterday even though I am not hybriding.

It said a few times "Network offline" or "cannot connect to server" or "connection to server cannot be established". But i had to restart GT5 fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back