Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Team THRT Drift

I mean it isn't impossible to fit huge engines in small cars. Just remembered speaking of 454 big block. A friend of mine was telling me about a 3000GT VR-4 that someone had put a 454 in. He had seen it at a car show a few years ago. He said it was RWD now. But the engine fit nicely he said

Hei
I've seen the 454 integra before :lol: I still have to find that almost 600 ci hemi'd Mini Cooper I saw a while back.

Great example.
It's not impossible at all... I mean, all you have to do (depending on the size) is body work and enlarge the engine bay... I'm sure it's not simple, but it's not that hard.

Lock2Lock
I mean it isn't impossible to fit huge engines in small cars. Just remembered speaking of 454 big block. A friend of mine was telling me about a 3000GT VR-4 that someone had put a 454 in. He had seen it at a car show a few years ago. He said it was RWD now. But the engine fit nicely he said

Again, great example. Drag racing with it would be a pain though... (extra weight and all).

3000 gt's are heavy boats :lol: A 454 might actually clean up the engine bay :embarrassed:

Hei
3000 gt's are heavy boats :lol: A 454 might actually clean up the engine bay :embarrassed:

Ahh... never drove a 3000GT. More into classic American, crazy Aussie cars, and Subaru's (Impreza's specifically)

I'm a jdm nut myself, but just look at this engine bay.

0302_uscc2_58zoom+1996_mitsubishi_3000gt_vr4_spyder+engine_view.jpg

Even the fwd models are tough to do engine work on.

Team THRT Drift
Again, great example. Drag racing with it would be a pain though... (extra weight and all).

Yeah that's what my buddy said. The car's chassis is heavy anyway hahaha but that engine O_o. Only thing I can think of as to why the guy used that chassis is because of how wide it is.

But one thing I will tell you guys. I decided to play around with hybriding (try it before you knock it kind of thing). And i will say it is amazing on how the cars feel around different when you simply swap the engine. I took my RX-7 Enfini drift car and put the Re Amemiya yellow GT300 car's engine in it and de-spoilered it. Nothing else to it. It felt weighted and all around better feeling. Same tune from before just the engine swap made the car have more feeling through my G27. I am quite happy with the car. It is a realistic swap too. It makes about 20HP less then what it made before the swap.

I am going to stick with realistic swaps and not go crazy. Also I do race here and there but mainly stock/no tuning races anyway so I won't even be using them for racing. And just to say if I do end up making some for racing in will not bring them out when they are not welcome.

Lock2Lock
Yeah that's what my buddy said. The car's chassis is heavy anyway hahaha but that engine O_o. Only thing I can think of as to why the guy used that chassis is because of how wide it is.

But one thing I will tell you guys. I decided to play around with hybriding (try it before you knock it kind of thing). And i will say it is amazing on how the cars feel around different when you simply swap the engine. I took my RX-7 Enfini drift car and put the Re Amemiya yellow GT300 car's engine in it and de-spoilered it. Nothing else to it. It felt weighted and all around better feeling. Same tune from before just the engine swap made the car have more feeling through my G27. I am quite happy with the car. It is a realistic swap too. It makes about 20HP less then what it made before the swap.

I am going to stick with realistic swaps and not go crazy. Also I do race here and there but mainly stock/no tuning races anyway so I won't even be using them for racing. And just to say if I do end up making some for racing in will not bring them out when they are not welcome.

Now THERE'S an attitude Im looking for! My hybrids are mainly drifting; I will admit, I made a hybrid that was really good on Leguna Seca (1:08:2xx or something along those lines on Sports Soft Tyres!) and I put it on share, so now a couple of people have it, and they'll share it with their friends and so on... I just hope they use it responsibly.

Team THRT Drift
Now THERE'S an attitude Im looking for! My hybrids are mainly drifting; I will admit, I made a hybrid that was really good on Leguna Seca (1:08:2xx or something along those lines on Sports Soft Tyres!) and I put it on share, so now a couple of people have it, and they'll share it with their friends and so on... I just hope they use it responsibly.

Thumbs up

Check this thread for hybrid vs standard racing, realistic ones, hosted by JohnnyPenso of Deadnutseven, clean racing at all times.

Hybrids 500-600PP, See you next time..

From experience, here is what is going to happen.

Sony will look at this hybrid phenomenon in terms of interest. If there is more interest in the game (which they can determine through a spike or increase in server log-ins) then there is obviously something of interest driving the increase. If threads like this have a more positive vibe than a negative one, then they case for allowing the mods becomes stronger.

There is a difference between condoning and allowing. They can't condone it for licensing reasons but they can allow it because none of the licensors can prove that Sony can fix the issue.

When I worked at EA, we would let mods slide if they increased community interest and we fixed the exploits that diminished the experience. It's a business after all and they don't want anything that decreases community interest. That's why the 2.10 patch was reverted so quickly. People tend to be intrigued by this and as time goes on, the community is trending towards realistic mods rather than ridiculous ones. Chances are pretty good nothing will be done.

Has anyone been banned yet? I did some research in online rooms 1/16 people get reported in all rooms but nobody gets banned from psn. Most host just kick about 4/16 people for either accusing them for having hybrids even though most dont or for actually using them.

Has anyone been banned yet? I did some research in online rooms 1/16 people get reported in all rooms but nobody gets banned from psn. Most host just kick about 4/16 people for either accusing them for having hybrids even though most dont or for actually using them.

I have only disclosed that I have them and am interested in using them. If the host says no, I use a regular car.

I'm just shooting arrows in the dark here, but my best guess is that it's gone on way too long now for Sony to ban anyone for this kind of thing. It does break the TOS yes, but the longer it goes on, the longer it's an unspoken, unwritten stamp of approval by omission. Legally, if you are aware of a situation like this and do nothing about it, even something as simple as, "we know what you are doing, stop please or we'll have to address this situation" you run the risk of giving tacit approval to the activity.

Certainly they can stop the ability to hybrid, or the ability to take them online, but I think they are well past the point of anyone being punished for this, but again, it's just a guess.

Makes sense, just like voodoo up here.. time to join the club i guess.
I wasn't hoping for a punishement anyway, i'm just annoyed by some people online, i was quite interested in the opportunity this thing can give. I don't like the risk so i've never tried.

I used to think the same way, but was like nah, they won't punish. Worse they would do is ban my psn, so i decided to hybrid.

Well I've just come 'off line' from a room full of Hacked cars which I can only be described as ludicrous......

Having a 30,000 bhp car that can do 1000mph with its wheels either sticking out 3 feet sideways from its original wheel base or even been suspended 30 feet in the air jumping around like an epileptic kangaroo. I carnt see any gain from it?

Now to me it would be more appealing to have a 1200bhp Skyline, Supra, RUF or even XJ220 which are within the realm's of possibility, at least then it would be more usable and indeed realistic.

They would never ban anyone that simply uses a hybrid because of one reason, the gifting system. Anyone can recieve and use one but claim innocence, they didn't know it was one etc. There would be an uproar.

Now on the other hand if they can tell who is actually hacking their own game save rather than just receiving a car from someone who has, they may take action against those people and if they do, who can grumble? They KNOW they're breaking the ToS hacking their game save so you couldn't complain.

Though with that being said, I doubt they will ban anyone. Just deal with the problem.

Well I've just come 'off line' from a room full of Hacked cars which I can only be described as ludicrous......

Having a 30,000 bhp car that can do 1000mph with its wheels either sticking out 3 feet sideways from its original wheel base or even been suspended 30 feet in the air jumping around like an epileptic kangaroo. I carnt see any gain from it?

Now to me it would be more appealing to have a 1200bhp Skyline, Supra, RUF or even XJ220 which are within the realm's of possibility, at least then it would be more usable and indeed realistic.

Exactly, I'm open to anything within reach of street legal or possible. I refuse to go much above that though.

Though with that being said, I doubt they will ban anyone. Just deal with the problem.

If that's the case, thank god I don't have to pay for PSN and GT's servers just to be told "deal with it".

Sucks that you can't just play the game now without worrying whether you're playing on an even field or thinking about having to mod or people thinking you're a modder. I can't help but feeling if this were an EA game people would want heads rolling, but judging by the poll it's a 50/50split about this whole saga.

My view is it's wrong regardless of how realistic some mods may be, if the game was intended to play that way it would have been made that way or patched in one of the many, many patches. I guess I'm the odd one out.

If your a new comer I understand but if you had GT since 2010 then get over it. Its been 2 years now I understand you payed for your game and you should be able to do whatever you please but gosh this realistic hybrids revived the game for me. This game would sucked without hybrids.

I'm sure we can all agree that the GT series desperately needs a wake up call in terms of customisation options. What we will never agree on is how to get that message across.

I'm just going to put my two cents in... Sorry if it offends anyone.

People whine too much. WAY too much. One little thing sets people off and then they go complain, then protest about it. If someone is hacking and their car is not realistic, LEAVE THE ROOM. If it isn't to your standards, LEAVE THE ROOM. If anything, CREATE YOUR OWN ROOM, so you can kick any one that does. Don't ruin the fun that someone else may be having just because you don't like it.

I have unrealistic hacked cars, I enjoy using them. I don't wreck people and I don't normally race unless someone is boasting about their car. But I have had people complain about it even if I wasn't bothering ANYONE, I hate those people. HATE. Kick the ones that do bother others, don't whine like a little girl because you don't like it.

I also have realistic hacked cars and again, people complain. I bother no one and hardly compete in races. Yet, it doesn't stop.

I wasn't aware that someone else bought this game for me...

If it wasn't for hacking, I probably would've taken the game and traded it in.

If that's the case, thank god I don't have to pay for PSN and GT's servers just to be told "deal with it".

You misread that. I meant that I thought PD won't ban anyone, they would just deal with the problem (hybrids).

I'm just going to put my two cents in... Sorry if it offends anyone.

People whine too much. WAY too much. One little thing sets people off and then they go complain, then protest about it. If someone is hacking and their car is not realistic, LEAVE THE ROOM. If it isn't to your standards, LEAVE THE ROOM. If anything, CREATE YOUR OWN ROOM, so you can kick any one that does. Don't ruin the fun that someone else may be having just because you don't like it.

I have unrealistic hacked cars, I enjoy using them. I don't wreck people and I don't normally race unless someone is boasting about their car. But I have had people complain about it even if I wasn't bothering ANYONE, I hate those people. HATE. Kick the ones that do bother others, don't whine like a little girl because you don't like it.

I also have realistic hacked cars and again, people complain. I bother no one and hardly compete in races. Yet, it doesn't stop.

I wasn't aware that someone else bought this game for me...

If it wasn't for hacking, I probably would've taken the game and traded it in.

:lol:

I was opposed to the hacks at first because of the extreme hacks going around. Now, I am a convert. The realistic/pp limited mods are a blessing to this game. I have built some great cars. What I love most is that it is MOST like real modding.

If PD is looking for a game changer, THIS is it!

What I love most is that it is MOST like real modding.

Big difference between plugging in numbers on a PC and getting instant results. Vs Months of time welding up a tube chassis to fit a corvette motor under the hood of a cavalier.

I say again, who is the one to say what is a realistic swap? The person hacking the game? Please.:lol:

I was opposed to the hacks at first because of the extreme hacks going around. Now, I am a convert. The realistic/pp limited mods are a blessing to this game. I have built some great cars. What I love most is that it is MOST like real modding.

If PD is looking for a game changer, THIS is it!

Why can't peoples views on hybrids be more like this :lol:

Big difference between plugging in numbers on a PC and getting instant results. Vs Months of time welding up a tube chassis to fit a corvette motor under the hood of a cavalier.

I say again, who is the one to say what is a realistic swap? The person hacking the game? Please.:lol:

You blew it out of proportion..

I think personally think the best way to keep everyone happy (including Sony) would be for Sony to Create a feature/tuning garage where people have the option to tune engines to a higher bhp, example R35 Skyline, Toyota Supra, Veyron etc to say 1500bhp max. VW Golf R32, Scoobies and Evo's to 850 bhp, and so forth with realistic bhp's.( and more Wheels and body options)

They can also create a 'tag' so these cars could not be used in online challenges or A/B spec races. And when racing online in lobbies the user name of the player is say in red to show a modded car is being used. That way people can see who is using what and those who wish for a modded car can do so.

Well as to a restriction.

As many people know when you make a hybrid car the country of it changes to "hybrid". Maybe instead of banning the hybrids completely make a check box to say "no hybrids" so it will make the people who do not want hybrids able to check it then they will not be allowed to enter like a drive-train restriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back