Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They would never ban anyone that simply uses a hybrid because of one reason, the gifting system. Anyone can recieve and use one but claim innocence, they didn't know it was one etc. There would be an uproar.
Being innocent doesn't stop Turn10 from banning you for using modded cars.
While I don't expect PD to be so ruthless there's no guarantee.

drivatar
Being innocent doesn't stop Turn10 from banning you for using modded cars.
While I don't expect PD to be so ruthless there's no guarantee.

Yeah... But on XBox live they will bann you for just about anything. I mean just the other day my friend was telling me about his cousin that came over last month. The guy was playing BF3 and cursing over the mic because he was dying a lot because he wasn't good at the game. Well his account got banned for that. In my honest opinion is completely pointless to bann people for cursing specially on a rated mature game. If the game is rated mature and says it is rated that way for language/blood ect it shouldn't matter. Someone told me what about kids playing this game and hear you doing this... Ummmmmm they shouldn't be playing the game in the first place.

But anyway. Basically what i am getting at is that this is a totally different company. Who actually knows what (if) they will do something about the hybrids. I only have heard about people getting banned for extreme circumstances. Like i said above Microsoft may bann you for the littlest thing but it have yet to see on a game people get banned on PSN

But who knows

Yeah... But on XBox live they will bann you for just about anything. I mean just the other day my friend was telling me about his cousin that came over last month. The guy was playing BF3 and cursing over the mic because he was dying a lot because he wasn't good at the game. Well his account got banned for that. In my honest opinion is completely pointless to bann people for cursing specially on a rated mature game. If the game is rated mature and says it is rated that way for language/blood ect it shouldn't matter. Someone told me what about kids playing this game and hear you doing this... Ummmmmm they shouldn't be playing the game in the first place.

Hahaha ah yes the old mate of a friend of a cousins brother's sister story lol.
To be honest there's no way they could've been banned for a bit of cursing. You want to put it to the test come play MW3 with myself an 3-4 mates, we're still on live :)

But I agree with you completely, it's a mature game rated for mature people.
However some rules are meant to be bent, others broken ;)

Big difference between plugging in numbers on a PC and getting instant results. Vs Months of time welding up a tube chassis to fit a corvette motor under the hood of a cavalier.

I say again, who is the one to say what is a realistic swap? The person hacking the game? Please.:lol:

So you say you can't put a tube chassis under a cavalier? How about the Trans Cammer? How much mustang is still in that thing? All the touring cars are pretty much shells over tube chassis.

Sure, having a stupid-thousand horsepower car is ridiculous. But having something that was swapped and going to compete with it is fun. I built a sick challenger with race chassis and race suspension. I had to go with the stock motor to keep it at 550. It didn't win anything, but it has potential.

And you know what, it was no more of a cheat than the guys using the prototypes. If modding gets banned, then the HSC/W12 Nardo/NSXR LM Prototype, etc. better all be banned as well because they are just as much cheater car as a hybrid is. With a Prototype, you jump in, copy a tune and go win some races. Trying to find the right chassis and suspension combination to work with the challenger body and they tuning it to be competitive is more work than using a prototype.

Will it still be cheating if this becomes a feature for future iterations? I made the same assumption that modding gave an unfair advantage, but if you shoot for a target PP range, you'll find that your creation will just end up competitive rather than unbeatable.

Last edited:
Well as to a restriction.

As many people know when you make a hybrid car the country of it changes to "hybrid". Maybe instead of banning the hybrids completely make a check box to say "no hybrids" so it will make the people who do not want hybrids able to check it then they will not be allowed to enter like a drive-train restriction.

Country restriction ;)

So you say you can't put a tube chassis under a cavalier? How about the Trans Cammer? How much mustang is still in that thing? All the touring cars are pretty much shells over tube chassis.

Sure, having a stupid-thousand horsepower car is ridiculous. But having something that was swapped and going to compete with it is fun. I built a sick challenger with race chassis and race suspension. I had to go with the stock motor to keep it at 550. It didn't win anything, but it has potential.

And you know what, it was no more of a cheat than the guys using the prototypes. If modding gets banned, then the HSC/W12 Nardo/NSXR LM Prototype, etc. better all be banned as well because they are just as much cheater car as a hybrid is. With a Prototype, you jump in, copy a tune and go win some races. Trying to find the right chassis and suspension combination to work with the challenger body and they tuning it to be competitive is more work than using a prototype.

Will it still be cheating if this becomes a feature for future iterations? I made the same assumption that modding gave an unfair advantage, but if you shoot for a target PP range, you'll find that your creation will just end up competitive rather than unbeatable.

An unaltered Nardo,HSC..ect Isn't actually cheating. You are using a valid car withing the programming of the game. When you use the hack tool, you are making something outside the game. That's called cheating. No matter how the hackers try and justify it, no matter the excuse it's still cheating.

ShaZZa
Hahaha ah yes the old mate of a friend of a cousins brother's sister story lol.
To be honest there's no way they could've been banned for a bit of cursing. You want to put it to the test come play MW3 with myself an 3-4 mates, we're still on live :)

Believe me or not I honestly do not care. It happened to him. Under what circumstances (as in did he get reported ect I don't know). Why would I lie? Just because it happened that way doesn't mean I am lying. Trust me I wouldn't waste my time typing all that up if I was lying.
Just using that as a example. I found it quite funny. That's why i told him to get a PS3. Plus customer service sucks at Microsoft for things about XBox. I will not ever own one again because of what I went through.

lspredator
Country restriction ;)

Yep. That's the only way we can still have the hybrids and still have a way of restricting them in lobbies.

It seems I'm the only sensible person in the GT5 Community (PSN) that hybrids sensibly!! There are no realistic hybrids in cruise rooms, nor drag rooms. Joined a drag room that said "realistic hack drag"; I went "Finally! Some sensible people!". You get there and there is only smoke down the strip. Got smoked by a guy who obviously put a Veyron engine in his Amuse Superleggera.

I swear, everyday, Im starting to hate these cars even more....

It seems I'm the only sensible person in the GT5 Community (PSN) that hybrids sensibly!! There are no realistic hybrids in cruise rooms, nor drag rooms. Joined a drag room that said "realistic hack drag"; I went "Finally! Some sensible people!". You get there and there is only smoke down the strip. Got smoked by a guy who obviously put a Veyron engine in his Amuse Superleggera.

The only way it seems to race in any lobby is to run with good folks only.

If you fancy going up against them, I can only suggest Johnnypenso's room. Realistic enough where PD cars have a chance. If you dont want any of them in a room, find a good group running private lobby's.

Realistic Modded Cars against PD cars: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=279333

Honest good folks in Private Room, there could be plenty of them, but cant confirm.

Only can speek with folks I race with. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=275092

Team THRT Drift

Drag racing is GT5 is completely pointless in my opinion anyway. I was thinking about getting back into it after I got my G27. But then I had seen a thread in the drag form talking about e-cheating/cheating ect and someone actually said that the people with wheels and clutches should be under that category. Ummmmmm no just no. Not my fault you don't have a clutch on your DS3 (not to be selfish or anything).

What's weird is that most of the people in the drifting community don't fight about others using them. Might not like the unrealistic ones but don't hate them directly. It has really brought the drifting community back in full swing. Everyone is doing realistic swaps like their favorite drivers from FD or D1 or doing what they really have in their personal cars. A few of my friends have their real life drift cars in the game because of hybriding.

Drag racing is GT5 is completely pointless in my opinion anyway. I was thinking about getting back into it after I got my G27. But then I had seen a thread in the drag form talking about e-cheating/cheating ect and someone actually said that the people with wheels and clutches should be under that category. Ummmmmm no just no. Not my fault you don't have a clutch on your DS3 (not to be selfish or anything).

What's weird is that most of the people in the drifting community don't fight about others using them. Might not like the unrealistic ones but don't hate them directly. It has really brought the drifting community back in full swing. Everyone is doing realistic swaps like their favorite drivers from FD or D1 or doing what they really have in their personal cars. A few of my friends have their real life drift cars in the game because of hybriding.

Incorrect. Now the hacks have stained the Drifting Time Trials.

DiersZee1
Incorrect. Now the hacks have stained the Drifting Time Trials.

Talking about the lobbies. I don't as well as I am pretty sure most of the people in the drifting community don't not consider the drift trails competitive/don't care about them besides money.

Plus I am constantly loosing points in the drift trails because i am going 80 plus degrees full lock on my wheel and it drops my points. The drift trials have been washed up for what two years? Besides the money I have no interest trying to match someone in a Speed 12 that has 1000 plus HP and just tapps the gas three times in a corner and gets to the top. So i wouldn't even if I did consider them competitive seeing hybrids in there.

So honestly what i was talking about is what is happening in the drifting community

BlameAuntJemima
It seemed like the drift trials were always ruined since everyone used small lightweight FF cars and swing back and forth to get the most points.
Agreed.
MisterWhiskers
All I do is drift and I've never been bothered by hybrids. I only see wingless RWD Skyline R34s and that's it really.

Yep that's what I was telling him. Most of the people in the drifting community welcome the hybrids into their lobbies. They even starts a conversation sometimes.

The realism of the swaps/mods really do show in the drift community

Last edited:
I wish people would stop hybriding..."realistic" hybriding is still hacking and it gives an unfair advantage. To be honest, there are plenty of ways to make your cars faster using the options that PD put into the game!

Play the game for what it is or make your own elsewhere...don't mod this one and piss off the developers. Any time spent on releasing an anti-hacking patch is wasted time that could have been spent on other improvements or even DLC.

Play the game for what it is or make your own elsewhere...don't mod this one and piss off the developers. Any time spent on releasing an anti-hacking patch is wasted time that could have been spent on other improvements or even DLC.

Thats only if they decide to do something about it. So far, there is no evidence to suggest they are going to fix it which means they arent taking time off of GT6.

I don't think we will get anymore DLC. This is a 2 year old game. I doubt they will patch it either. They are well into GT6. They should focus their man power on that. This game has had a long run of support, the longest I've seen on a console. PD has done more than enough, and will probably not do anything more.

I wish people would stop hybriding..."realistic" hybriding is still hacking and it gives an unfair advantage. To be honest, there are plenty of ways to make your cars faster using the options that PD put into the game!

And I wish people would stop jumping to conclusions. Stop assuming everyone is hybriding to cheat. And apparently, the limited options PD has given us must not be good enough as people are doing quite a number of engine swaps and whatnot.

Play the game for what it is or make your own elsewhere...don't mod this one and piss off the developers.

No.

Any time spent on releasing an anti-hacking patch is wasted time that could have been spent on other improvements or even DLC.

And how do you what's being done about this? Do you work for Sony/PD? As others said, there's no evidence that something is being done to stop this or that they'll even bother at all as this is a 2+ year old game.

Gatorbait771

As far as the "unfair advantage". In racing yeah sure. But like I have said before in the drifting community a select few see it that way. If you think a few thousand HP will make you faster you are wrong there. It is the opposite actually. On high speed sections for drifting sure all the added HP will make you a little faster on extensions sure. But in a corner no it actually makes you slower. Hints to why the TVR speed 12 was the best for drift trials.

Use my drift car as a example for realism. I have a RX-7 Enfini premium model. I swapped the Re Amemiya AsparaDrink's engine in it. Which is making 481HP. I am running 20HP plus less with this engine than that of the stock engine.

As for the DLC part. I am pretty sure there will not be any more DLC for GT5. I would be surprised if there will be.

Lock2Lock
Yep that's what I was telling him. Most of the people in the drifting community welcome the hybrids into their lobbies. They even starts a conversation sometimes.

The realism of the swaps/mods really do show in the drift community

I completely agree with you on that. I was in a drift lobby, and a guy had a wingless R32 with an Audi Diesel powered race car engine and ZR1 chassis. I quickly brought out my R32 (soon to be tery's car) with an ACR engine and driveterain with an '08 XANAVI NISMO GT-R chassis. We talked about are cars and had some amazing runs in them. Earlier on in the day, I was in a drift lobby with some ex-Team Nismo members/ fans. They were clean, efficient and all-round a good bunch of drifters to hang out with. It was a small room, so I had a lot of fun. In another room I got kicked because I didn't wait for the rest of the pack, but that's understandable (sort of).

Bu yeah, hybriding has brought drifters together. I LOVE my RWD Z28 Turbo-coded DC5. It makes a beautiful sound and is great at drifting. I equally love my other hybrids. Bit just once, I want to be able to pull up in my DC5 in a cruise lobby, and not be bothered because it's a hybrid.

When it comes to hacking, why can't hackers try to make this game better? Like finding a way to get more than 16 in a lobby or finding away to limit DC issues, etc.

Because that is server based. It just isn't possible with hacking. Sony would ban your console faster than Usain Bolt runs 100m.

RedPartyhat
When it comes to hacking, why can't hackers try to make this game better? Like finding a way to get more than 16 in a lobby or finding away to limit DC issues, etc.

There is nothing we can do with those things because that is PD/Sony's problem directly. I don't have those problems by the way so that also is a problem with some people's peer to peer connection

Plus this. .
Hei
Because that is server based. It just isn't possible with hacking. Sony would ban your console faster than Usain Bolt runs 100m.

Is very true. Why do you think the jailbroken PS3s keep getting banned offline. That last PS3 update just banned another huge amount of the systems.

Earlier on in the day, I was in a drift lobby with some ex-Team Nismo members/ fans. They were clean, efficient and all-round a good bunch of drifters to hang out with. It was a small room, so I had a lot of fun. In another room I got kicked because I didn't wait for the rest of the pack, but that's understandable (sort of).

Bu yeah, hybriding has brought drifters together. I LOVE my RWD Z28 Turbo-coded DC5. It makes a beautiful sound and is great at drifting. I equally love my other hybrids. Bit just once, I want to be able to pull up in my DC5 in a cruise lobby, and not be bothered because it's a hybrid.
True, but there's one (at least in my eyes) big problem: I hate it if people start to stupidly mess around with the grip level of their cars.
CH rooms are limited for a reason. Not only because it's the best drift tire, it's mainly to get all cars down to about the same speeds.

It's a pain if some 🤬 bring out their super fast cars and then shoot you off track every time you try to do tandem/train drifting, simply because they can't slow down enough. Additionally, if they lead you've no chance to follow, not matter how fast you push your car (of course, I'm certainly aware how to drift slower and faster, but that's only possible in a certain range).

Now if someone slamms his cars, those cars would have much less grip than normal. In that case people should slightly raise the grip level so that they again match the speeds of normal cars. Or simply don't lower them to such crazy heights...
This is completely about the drifting scene, altering grip level for circuit racing is just contemptible.

Btw, didn't know that you're on GTP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back