Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DiersZee1
That is false info. OCD, Time Trial or Seasonals due not cause errors with the servers....especially a duration for over an hour.

Ok it was a coincidence.

Well there has been a huge slowdown online today due to a large cyber attack on the world so that might be partly responsible.

It's those pesky Martians.

We're all doomed Captain Mainwaring.

starshipenterz
GT6 development has been in full swing for some time now, they're not too concerned with GT5 as the units have already been sold, they would simply be wasting their time and they know it.

Nice theory but I believe they are concerned, If they wont fix it for gt5 you can bet they will with gt6.

thelvynau
Nice theory but I believe they are concerned, If they wont fix it for gt5 you can bet they will with gt6.

Well, GT6 is going to be a new game,fresh start and all. Of course they'll fix it. I still think GT5 should go out with a BANG!

Team THRT Drift
Well, GT6 is going to be a new game,fresh start and all. Of course they'll fix it. I still think GT5 should go out with a BANG!

It should I agree there but we still dont know if pd will act on this or not.

MAidioPT
Hello Guys

OFF-TOPIC

So today at work i listened to the radio, and they actually said something about this Cyber Attack thing...

*got this from the internet*

"" "It is a small miracle that we're still online," Spamhaus researcher Vincent Hanna said on Wednesday.

Denial-of-service attacks overwhelm a server with traffic, like hundreds of letters being jammed through a mail slot at the same time.

Security experts measure those attacks in bits of data per second. Recent cyberattacks, like the ones that caused persistent outages at US banking sites late last year, have tended to peak at 100 billion bits per second.

But the furious assault on Spamhaus has shattered the charts, clocking in at 300 billion bits per second, according to San Francisco-based CloudFlare Inc., which Spamhaus has enlisted to help it weather the attack.

"It was likely quite a bit more, but at some point measurement systems can't keep up," CloudFlare chief executive Matthew Prince wrote in an email.

Patrick Gilmore of Akamai Technologies said that was no understatement.

"This attack is the largest that has been publicly disclosed, ever, in the history of the Internet,'' he said... ""

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2013/03/2013327231735995653.html

Is GT5 having problems right now?

regards

Uhh no that has nothing to do with this lol

Well my frustration about the hack cars finding the way in to the online rooms surfaced again last night after a guy sneaked in to our race at the last minute with a evo that blew my 800 bhp R35 tc away within 2 seconds of the race starting why do they feel the need to enter a clean racing room and basically CHEAT.
I work on fine tuning the setup of my cars to get the best out of them and myself but these people who play with a lap top and adjust the coding of the game to gain a unfair advantage over clean driver who try to race cleanly honestly and by the rules is getting out of hand .
P/D need to do something soon

You dont think manipulating files is against the TOS from Sony?

Its certainly something that could do with clarification why some discussion of, according to you, breaking of the TOS is permitted and some are not. I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.

About what?

PD and sony, we're at the point that they should officialy say something about the situation, imo. They know? (of course lol) They are working on a fix at least online? Bans are coming? They still can't find a way? (they will never admit something like that, i know)

I mean, people can even get dlc cars now, the normal customers paid for that stuff, it isn't only about modding anymore, and of course other TOS has been violated as well.

Don't understimate this thing, we are talking about big companies here, how they will handle this thing can have a big impact on the image of the two company on future customers.
And that's the case i think, everyone knows but nobody dare to say something yet.

chug-a-bug
Its certainly something that could do with clarification why some discussion of, according to you, breaking of the TOS is permitted and some are not. I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.

Maybe its true that pd simply don't care that its happened because they are working on gt6 or maybe we will see a patch blow it all away.

I saw the Sony TOS it did say you cant modify, reverse engineer or alter any data

As to whether the TOS will be enforced is yet to be seen.

PD and sony, we're at the point that they should officialy say something about the situation, imo. They know? (of course lol) They are working on a fix at least online? Bans are coming? They still can't find a way? (they will never admit something like that, i know)

I mean, people can even get dlc cars now, the normal customers paid for that stuff, it isn't only about modding anymore, and of course other TOS has been violated as well.

Don't understimate this thing, we are talking about big companies here, how they will handle this thing can have a big impact on the image of the two company on future customers.
And that's the case i think, everyone knows but nobody dare to say something yet.

I'm just shooting arrows in the dark here, but my best guess is that it's gone on way too long now for Sony to ban anyone for this kind of thing. It does break the TOS yes, but the longer it goes on, the longer it's an unspoken, unwritten stamp of approval by omission. Legally, if you are aware of a situation like this and do nothing about it, even something as simple as, "we know what you are doing, stop please or we'll have to address this situation" you run the risk of giving tacit approval to the activity.

Certainly they can stop the ability to hybrid, or the ability to take them online, but I think they are well past the point of anyone being punished for this, but again, it's just a guess.

what do you expect PD to do? turn on their fanbase and start banning well over half of the users still playing GT5? all for wanting more out of a clearly unfinished game, i doubt it, they're better off keeping quiet.

what do you expect PD to do? turn on their fanbase and start banning well over half of the users still playing GT5? all for wanting more out of a clearly unfinished game, i doubt it, they're better off keeping quiet.

Exactly, no point in creating noise over a game that's two years old.

Plus the hybrids have brought people back to GT5 for most of my friends at least.

I do agree that they won't be banning anyone but do you have a reference for that claim? Because I highly doubt it's anywhere near that.

Exactly, no point in creating noise over a game that's two years old.

Plus the hybrids have brought people back to GT5 for most of my friends at least.

It's funny, because it seems like PD also agrees that GT5 is unfinished, so they must have desided to mind as well let people do what they want in GT5 until GT6 comes out hopefully this year. That was nice of them imo. :lol:

Hei
Engine mods involving big engines in small cars are sooooo unrealistic. I mean, take a 2JZ. It is such a long engine. You'd think it wouldn't fit in something small, like let's say a Honda S600.

Phil-Penny-2J-Honda-S600-3-of-37.jpg

Phil-Penny-2J-Honda-S600-26-of-37.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/03/coupe-de-thrill-a-turbo-with-a-honda-fitted-to-it/

AFAIK Threre is a bloke building a 1JZ Mini cooper on Driftworks!

I've seen the 454 integra before :lol: I still have to find that almost 600 ci hemi'd Mini Cooper I saw a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back