Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, GTG, GG/GR, N/A, OMG, OMW, LOL, LMAO, ROFL and the list goes on and on...

Anyways, now I understand what the fuss is all about (I know its a bit late). Frankly, my hybrids stick to drifting and drifting only.

And this is where everything gets complicated..... see, I want hybrids to stay, because I think they're the best thing that has ever happened to GT since its release; but cheating, I dont tolerate. THAT'S where I'am against hybrids. Hopefully there is a solution to cheating.

+1 to this

Oh yeah Sailor moon, you mind if I drop into your lobbies one time? They look enticing.

GTO stands for Gran Turismo Omologato.... a badge Ferrari had which Pontiac shamelessly stole. It was basically a stamp from Ferrari saying it has passed the ritual of racing. Innitiation so to speak.

NSA= National Security Agency... you work for them in Splinter Cell, and the guy who help's Will Smith's character in "Public Enemy" is an ex-NSA agent (in the movie, not IRL).

Oh, there's another abbreviation... IRL

Last edited:
those are terms used in the game, except dohc. No idea what that means!

So? Cant just pick on a couple that are used much more commonly than others but leave ones that exist in just the automobile world. Cant smoke in this part of the room, but you go stand in the corner over there and you can smoke all you want, right?

@Stav: "Sailor Moon" :lol: Brilliant.

Everyone's forgotten about the most important one, GT! That stands for Gran Turismo, Sunset, just in case you couldn't figure out the 'missing letters'.

GTO stands for Gran Turismo Omologato.... a badge Ferrari had which Pontiac shamelessly stole. It was basically a stamp from Ferrari saying it has passed the ritual of racing. Innitiation so to speak.

Can you hybrid one for me?

:lol:

Hei
Dual overhead camshaft. DOHC

Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control is VTEC.

Gto is just a car name.

DEA is drug enforcement agency.
"I put a phat k20 in my EG6 with a B18 head son, JDM tight yo."

Johnnypenso
I'm guessing IP finally lost...lol. Can't you just do a PP, then an HP/Weight check? It's not like they can swap chassis and not get noticed. If someone has hacked downforce somehow, they won't pass the PP test. If they've hacked power or weight, they won't pass that test either. If they pass both they are legit. Or am I missing something.

The tests will work depending on what was hacked. Immortalpilot shut down the tunes series just in case, but will continue with his Stock /Spec series. I believe Spec FGT is the replacement for the closed series.

Last edited:
Hey look, over there in the distance! It's the topic! perhaps we should get a closer look.

UrieHusky
Hey look, over there in the distance! It's the topic! perhaps we should get a closer look.

This topic has been answered multiple times with the same answer.

That doesn't mean the thread is allowed to be derailed.

As for the F1 championship, all mods affect pp or hp or weight. Easy to rule out.

I have. That is why I was talking to the guy who said his F1 championship was ruined. The OP is about whether these cars should be allowed in GT5. His is post is con, mine is pro.

NSA= National Security Agency... you work for them in Splinter Cell, and the guy who help's Will Smith's character in "Public Enemy" is an ex-NSA agent (in the movie, not IRL).

Oh, there's another abbreviation... IRL

So you taunt me by not telling what IRL means..

Thanks to the others who were more helpful.

The tests will work depending on what was hacked. Immortalpilot shut down the tunes series just in case, but will continue with his Stock /Spec series. I believe Spec FGT is the replacement for the closed series.

I'm not an expert, but I don't believe there is anything that can be modded that doesn't show up in either a PP or HP/Weight check, especially considering it's a single make series. You can't just add or delete parts without it affecting something which will show up in a check, unless you are taking off power, in which case it will hurt not help. If you're still in doubt, you can watch replays and double check speeds at the end of the longest straight and the tach. They dont lie.

In a multi make series it might be a little harder but still possible so long as you have spec'd the cars and are familiar with them. Again, engine sounds, the tach, top speeds don't lie. If you are found laying off the throttle at some point, it's a clear indicator.

Maybe I'll PM Immortal about this stuff. It's a very popular series and I'd hate to see it go down from a lack of knowledge, as opposed to something real.

I'm guessing IP finally lost...lol. Can't you just do a PP, then an HP/Weight check? It's not like they can swap chassis and not get noticed. If someone has hacked downforce somehow, they won't pass the PP test. If they've hacked power or weight, they won't pass that test either. If they pass both they are legit. Or am I missing something.

He's lost before, twice actually, it's just been a long time. It's just the suspicion of cheating that set him off. Now we're doing a stock FGT series instead. I'm not complaining about that but it just pisses me off that cheating is even possible.

The guy who beat him definitely seemed to have been cheating too but it was subtle. I don't know the details of how the hybriding works because I've heard that they can modify the PP values as well. Eitherway, just the idea being in peoples heads is gonna cause problems, I'd rather they be banned entirely from public lobbies, but like I said, it's doubtful to be able to ban them from public but not single player and private, it probably has to be banned altogether and I'd rather have that than deal with cheaters

I mostly agree with you but why aren't you running your F1 league in private lobbies?

He says that the connection is better in public lobbies. II don't even know if that's true but I've always wanted him to change it because every race randoms will join, and then have to be kicked, and it's just a pain but he's a bit stubborn.

Maybe I'll PM Immortal about this stuff. It's a very popular series and I'd hate to see it go down from a lack of knowledge, as opposed to something real.

Beware, you might be the next one scolded for using an "unfamiliar" acronym. :scared:

He's lost before, twice actually, it's just been a long time. It's just the suspicion of cheating that set him off. Now we're doing a stock FGT series instead. I'm not complaining about that but it just pisses me off that cheating is even possible.

The guy who beat him definitely seemed to have been cheating too but it was subtle. I don't know the details of how the hybriding works because I've heard that they can modify the PP values as well. Eitherway, just the idea being in peoples heads is gonna cause problems, I'd rather they be banned entirely from public lobbies, but like I said, it's doubtful to be able to ban them from public but not single player and private, it probably has to be banned altogether and I'd rather have that than deal with cheaters

Any changes made to a car affect PP ( downforce, power, weight, tire grip ), and PP is calculated by the game based on those car parameters, increasing tire grip increase PP, my RM Camaro has 2.5 times tire grip increase just for fun doing wheelies and stoppies, it's undriveable, it rolls over even on slow corners, it has 800+PP with less than 600HP and 1200+kg. You can increase a bit here and there, but PP will increase, I'll let you know what I found, I increase tire grip to 1.03 times and it increases PP by 5, and the car still corners like it should be before being edited - almost no improvement, to gain any advantages, more than 5 PP increase would be needed, it will be pretty obvious in one make race like F1.

The added tire grip increases cornering G's, it's like having higher compound tires but with PP increase, just like having more down force. It will be very noticeable on replay, you can check the G meter to see if it match the g's of the tires used and running PP check on a single make series is quite simple, no cars should go beyond certain PP at max spec anyway, do HP and weight check too just to be sure, and if everyone pass, that means no hybrid.

Beware, you might be the next one scolded for using an "unfamiliar" acronym. :scared:

I think less people will respect Immortal now, not with they way he reacted in his new thread ...

I never have driven with the guys that now talk against me.
Forget my name IMMORTAL.
I delete you later also on psn.
ADIOS to this guys.

Also check out my World Records
http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?online_id=IMMORTALPILOT
Who says again that I am a slow driver?

And check out from aug

http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?online_id=aughablo

Last post about this things.

To the guys that hate me:Never talk more about my name forget my name IMMORTALPILOT

Also Johnboy learn driving Guy!

Looks like the old issue from his closed series kept creeping in on his new thread.

Last edited:
Here is another reason why modding should be given the ax. If your in a drag lobby and cleaning house with a good tune. Someone is going to yell "Hacker" It's really beginning to bring out the worst in people. There will always be sore losers, and sore winners. But this is getting old fast. And the excuse "It's a realistic tune", Who is making that call? The Cheater?

Being accused of hacking is not just happening due to all this. Any game of any time people are accused of hacking. ;) Can't really blame these current hybrids for that.

Being accused of hacking is not just happening due to all this. Any game of any time people are accused of hacking. ;) Can't really blame these current hybrids for that.

When I pull in with my Edge SS Camaro and get called a hacker and booted before I even run......That's the new trend,not a sore loser. And the trend isn't helping the false call outs.

Teal
When I pull in with my Edge SS Camaro and get called a hacker and booted before I even run......That's the new trend,not a sore loser. And the trend isn't helping the false call outs.

Hahahaha funny about people having lack of knowledge about what is and what is not a hacked car.

Actualy people can get DLC cars via savefile hacks.
It has already been showed in this forum, a non US player with the Edge SS Camaro.
So, techicaly, it could actualy be a hack, if someone of a country had a car not normally obtainable.
It's normal for people to get overly cautious, and miskick a non hacker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back