Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try later to see.

I was able to change the colour of the vette to black with black wheels, and I was able to drop the weight by adding the c6 level 3 weight reduction. But that's all.

Tranny swap, engine, etc...nothing sticks.

Voodoovaj
I was able to change the colour of the vette to black with black wheels, and I was able to drop the weight by adding the c6 level 3 weight reduction. But that's all.

Tranny swap, engine, etc...nothing sticks.

I think the same applies with the DLC red bull too.

Was trying to make a money maker for myself on my 8th GT5 account haha

Fun to drive?

Considering making one to use it for drifting :P

Fun? yes. Fast? no. Since the car doesn't allow me to change settings in game, tuning is a bit of a pain. It has some handling quirks I need to dial out. But it will debut online tonight.

I have had GT5 now for some years (noticed my time played was logged at over 2100 days now) and to be honest after collecting virtually all the UK spec cars and only having the 9hr and 24hr races to complete Ive started to get bored with the game. Ive had a go at drifting, and endured the Nascar (clean and dirty) races but still feel the enjoyment I used to get.

Ive said before I have been watching the posts about HAcking and Hybrids and can say that travelling at 900mph with 50000bhp does not appeal to me.

However I am a petrol head and I love cars, playing with them behind the wheel and tuning them up.(real life not on the screen)

......Now Ive always loved how you could change exhausts, turbos wheels bla bla bla and that is great but Ive felt the GT series just had something missing.

So Ive bitten the bullet and given this Hybriding a go.....

Im not interested in stupid BHP and 400+ Mph in a Fiat 500, Im into realism.

I Like the sound of a Rasping V8 from a tuned BMW 5 series, Jaguar/Aston or American Muscle Car.

Do you know what I mean?

I had a play last night and fitted a Ford GT40 06' V8 engine into a BMW M5 and it sounded fantastic and drove brilliant.
At the moment its running about 800bhp (not outside the realms of possibilty) but after a little tweek and down tuning it will be spot on...

Having the option to do this has certainly put a spark back in the game for me.

I have had GT5 now for some years ...
So Ive bitten the bullet and given this Hybriding a go.....

Im not interested in stupid BHP and 400+ Mph in a Fiat 500, Im into realism.....

Do you know what I mean?

Having the option to do this has certainly put a spark back in the game for me.

I do know what you mean. Dumb 'Clown Hacks' have no thought put into them. Doing Route X in 24 seconds doesn't appeal to me.

Blasting around the ring doing 6m 30s in a Karmann Ghia does. These are called 'Practical Hacks'.

There is a lot of hatred for hybrids out there. I'm not talking a slight dislike, i'm talking complete closed mind hatred to the point where they won't even borrow them :lol:.

Do these people think that by using one of these cars, they will be banned from PSN or GT servers?
It wouldn't be finacially viable for either Sony or PD to lose a huge chunk of their audience.

GT5 has been out for long enough now. We've all done the official stuff, now its time for a little fun 👍.

I do know what you mean. Dumb 'Clown Hacks' have no thought put into them. Doing Route X in 24 seconds doesn't appeal to me.

Blasting around the ring doing 6m 30s in a Karmann Ghia does. These are called 'Practical Hacks'.

There is a lot of hatred for hybrids out there. I'm not talking a slight dislike, i'm talking complete closed mind hatred to the point where they won't even borrow them :lol:.

Do these people think that by using one of these cars, they will be banned from PSN or GT servers?
It wouldn't be finacially viable for either Sony or PD to lose a huge chunk of their audience.

GT5 has been out for long enough now. We've all done the official stuff, now its time for a little fun 👍.

..Its a shame there isnt a Nissan Juke on there, im thinking R35 skyline running gear lol

....perhaps a Nissan Micra SR instead.. Hmmmm Ive gotten some matt black too lol

Wow, I wonder why they may think that. Perhaps it's because they're able to read? The terms of service are not written in secret code.

And while some people might be afraid to lose their accounts and their console (yes, Sony has the rights to disable your console if you're using it to break the terms of service), there are other who thinks that game developing should remain in the hands of the game developers and that hacking does more harm than good to the game.

What is the best way to lose a huge chunk of the audience? To terminate hacker accounts or to simply stand by and let people hack whatever they want? Multiplayer is a big part of modern gaming and if multiplayer gets smashed to pieces by hackers, no one is going to buy a PlayStation. Apart from the hackers.

"I'm bored, thus I'm allowed to do anything I want. It's all for the lol's."

And "we've all" is in fact you. GT5 doesn't stop selling six months after release, it's still selling thousands of copies worldwide. Ever day there are new people joining GTPlanet asking for help with this new game that they bought.

Wow, I wonder why they may think that. Perhaps it's because they're able to read? The terms of service are not written in secret code.

And while some people might be afraid to lose their accounts and their console (yes, Sony has the rights to disable your console if you're using it to break the terms of service), there are other who thinks that game developing should remain in the hands of the game developers and that hacking does more harm than good to the game.

What is the best way to lose a huge chunk of the audience? To terminate hacker accounts or to simply stand by and let people hack whatever they want? Multiplayer is a big part of modern gaming and if multiplayer gets smashed to pieces by hackers, no one is going to buy a PlayStation. Apart from the hackers.

"I'm bored, thus I'm allowed to do anything I want. It's all for the lol's."

And "we've all" is in fact you. GT5 doesn't stop selling six months after release, it's still selling thousands of copies worldwide. Ever day there are new people joining GTPlanet asking for help with this new game that they bought.

Methinks you don't like modded cars.

...snip...there are other who thinks that game developing should remain in the hands of the game developers and that hacking does more harm than good to the game....snip... Multiplayer is a big part of modern gaming and if multiplayer gets smashed to pieces by hackers, no one is going to buy a PlayStation. Apart from the hackers....snip.... GT5 doesn't stop selling six months after release, it's still selling thousands of copies worldwide. Ever day there are new people joining GTPlanet asking for help with this new game that they bought.

Sony/PD is motivated by the bottom line and little else. While the rest of us are often focused on integrity and honesty and what we feel is "right", ultimately what is "right" for GT5 or any game is $$$$$$$. At this point, online is busier than I've seen it in months, probably a year or more. Not busy with PP limited rooms or circuit racing rooms to be sure, but busy nonetheless. Don't forget, the 14 year old in the 100,000 HP X1 put as much into Sony's pocket as you did. If enough 14 year olds run back online to drive their silly cars with too much HP, Sony/PD doesn't care, so long as it's filling their coffers.

I still say that hacking will be the death of the GT series from the purists point of view if it is present early on in GT6 and for that reason I think PD is focusing all their efforts on ensuring GT6 has a smooth, hack free rollout. We care more about this series than PD does which is kind of sad. The fact that we haven't heard a single peep from PD going into the 3rd month of this is kind of disheartening, but it is what it is. :)

Sony will only enforce punishment if someone is, in some way, impacting the bottom line. If a person is creating a terrible online experience for others, that would qualify. If someone is costing them money, that would qualify.

Currently, the "cheating" argument is only perceptual. The means to mod a car are now far too easy to access that it has ceased to be an unfair advantage simply by means of access.

Since, as of yet, no one has been able to prove that they have gained an unfair advantage through modding, there is very little to enforce unless they simply want to be dicks. Since modding is part of the car culture, and part of the game, this isn't a grey area anymore.

It's far too late for any type of action to be taken against the community, And if if they were to do something highly drastic, it would just disrupt the community or even Destroy it as a whole, Best to just let it take it's course, Because honestly if they were to do something drastic, yes it would affect the guilty party, But also tons of Innocent people who have been wrongly found or accused to be guilty And would just cause a Greater disaster that could be almost impossible to recover from

I think honestly PD should take this and learn from it, Things that people are achieving, like engine swaps, drivetrain swaps And integrate them into the next game. For every room i visit there is 1 person against hybrids for every 10 people for them, The community has spoken, and i think PD is listening, Who knows maybe a rouge PD employer set this up for the community..it's possible.

Also, you have to remember, these hybrids arent new, They have been going on as far as earlly 2012 maybe even in 11, i remember back one time i was on topgear test track at the mall in my city testing out the G27, and i looked over and i saw a Ferrari F2010, But the wheels were different from in the game, similar to the FPD wheels,Also it was in a regular Car room, no "Ferrari F1" But sure enough it was a bright red Ferrari F1 car among regular cars and racecars. I'm betting that was a hybrid, it also didn't sound like the F2010, And mind you that was in mid 2011 around July.

Last edited:
Question? Has anyone tried to modify headlights on in daytime at any track besides Nurburgring? Don't know if someone can use the DRLs from the Veyron or strobes from the GTR Pace Car. Sounds like I'm encouraging it but, just curious is all.

Question? Has anyone tried to modify headlights on in daytime at any track besides Nurburgring? Don't know if someone can use the DRLs from the Veyron or strobes from the GTR Pace Car. Sounds like I'm encouraging it but, just curious is all.
No, i only know how to change the Colors of Headlights, though that sounds interesting, it's probably possible.

PD should not let this slide. They should patch these hybrids out of the game and send a warning out to all accounts that had hybrids in their garage. Next violation, ban for life and future GT games too. Might be easier said than done, but thats how I feel about it.

This hacking business has destroyed my favorite part of this game: Seasonal event TTs with leaderboards where tuning is allowed. Since this largescale hacking has surfaced TTs have been changed to a lame event where you get a car handed to you for loan like a little kid who's allowed to steer, but not touch any other buttons. It annoys me like hell.

Last edited:
Voxalizer
PD should not let this slide. They should patch these hybrids out of the game and send a warning out to all accounts that had hybrids in their garage. Next violation, ban for life and future GT games too. Might be easier said than done, but thats how I feel about it.

This hacking business has destroyed my favorite part of this game: Seasonal event TTs with leaderboards where tuning is allowed. Since this largescale hacking has surfaced TTs have been changed to a lame event where you get a car handed to you for loan like a little kid who's allowed to steer, but not touch any other buttons. It annoys me like hell.

I was of the same opinion until I drove a realistic hybrid and well I think it could enhance the online play.

Now the stupid over powered hybrids I agree they need to be stomped on nothing good can come from them.

I was of the same opinion until I drove a realistic hybrid and well I think it could enhance the online play.

Now the stupid over powered hybrids I agree they need to be stomped on nothing good can come from them.

this :)

Whether or not the hybrids are realistic is besides the point. I am all for having more customization options in GT5. Engine swaps, custom liveries, etc, I want them too... But it needs to be in the game, not outside the game made possible in a hex-editor.

I can see why you'd want hybrids, really I do... But in the end it just does more harm then good.

It's on these hackers when a car manufactorer like Ferrari, who are sensitive about these kinds of things, decide not to give PD a license to use their cars in future GT games.

Voxalizer
Whether or not the hybrids are realistic is besides the point. I am all for having more customization options in GT5. Engine swaps, custom liveries, etc, I want them too... But it needs to be in the game, not outside the game made possible in a hex-editor.

I can see why you'd want hybrids, really I do... But in the end it just does more harm then good.

It's on these hackers when a car manufactorer like Ferrari, who are sensitive about these kinds of things, decide not to give PD a license to use their cars in future GT games.

I was worried about that for a while but since its not going anywhere and hybrids re ignight my wanting to play gt then I dobt mind.

Just a question what are your thoughts on hybrids offline?

I was worried about that for a while but since
Just a question what are your thoughts on hybrids offline?
If I wanted to chop down a tree in my own backyard I should be allowed to. So yeah, if you'd only use a hybrid offline I wouldn't stop you. The problem is, there's no way a car can be marked for offline use only. I might trust you to play by the rules, that doesn't mean random kid on the internet will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back