Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After seen some spoilerless R34s and Supras on GT Photo Stream, would be nice that PD couldve given us the option of removing the spoiler.

Hybriding is effectively hacking or modding the content of the game, which is against the law.
So no, they should be banned

GTPskills
Hybriding is effectively hacking or modding the content of the game, which is against the law.
So no, they should be banned

Actually no. You have every right to modify your systems/games. Once again as I said and others have said before.
Lock2Lock
Ummm you need to get your facts straight to what those TOS relates to.

All of those TOS topics where it talks about software/hardware modding is allowed. Once you bring it online that's when these TOS apply.

You have every right to modify your system. Just you can't modify the hardware/software and sell it. But once again you have every right to modify your system but once you bring it online (logging into PSN) that is when you are breaking the Sony TOS)

It isn't against the law (but it is against the terms of service to log into the servers) till you mass produce (as in making and selling of the modified hardware/software)

Lock2Lock
Actually no. You have every right to modify your systems/games. Once again as I said and others have said before.

It isn't against the law (but it is against the terms of service to log into the servers) till you mass produce (as in making and selling of the modified hardware/software)

After all this talk about the TOS and such and my views on here I feel I shouldnt have commented till I had tried it so I decided to try it before commenting again.

thelvynau
After all this talk about the TOS and such and my views on here I feel I shouldnt have commented till I had tried it so I decided to try it before commenting again.

Same here bro. That's what I did too.

Lock2Lock
Same here bro. That's what I did too.

Ill be back in the thread once I can manage to get a hybrid or make one then ill be in a better position to comment.

thelvynau
Ill be back in the thread once I can manage to get a hybrid or make one then ill be in a better position to comment.

I mean like big said before I thought the same thing you guys did when it got popular. But i decided to give it a try sticking to realistic swaps and just staying realistic with it.

I mean sure there are a lot of pros and cons to this. But in all honesty there is more good that can come out of it at the end. Developers of the game know what's going on. How could you not know with the massive increase in activity in the servers.

The community that has wanted realistic engine swaps (talking about same manufacturer not cross manufacturer engine swaps. Because cross manufacturer engine swaps will never be in the game).
But i am sure that they are aware of what's going on and it may change some things to be available in the next game

Ok thanks to hei I have tried a hybrid mustang V8 GT Premium 07.

To make the test simple I ran it on the first race of the Sunday cup now I wont be going by laptimes etc only how it feels.

I ran the GT5 original and it felt like the many other times I have driven it, pretty good power handling was ok it was a nice drive overall.

Next came the hybrid and well the first thing I noticed was the sound very nice the next was the awesome pickup from the start line. I also loved how I could throw the car into a drift effortlessly and control it.

Overall im really impressed and found my enjoyment raise to a new level its made me want to dabble in realistic hybrids.

Thanks to Hei for allowing me to test this car out amazing.

Last edited:
thelvynau

To make the test simple I ran it on the first race of the Sunday cup now I wont be going by laptimes etc only how it feels.

I ran the GT5 original and it felt like the many other times I have driven it, pretty good power handling was ok it was a nice drive overall.

Next came the hybrid and well the first thing I noticed was the sound very nice the next was the awesome pickup from the start line. I also loved how I could throw the car into a drift effortlessly and control it.

Overall im really impressed and found my enjoyment raise to a new level its made me want to dabble in realistic hybrids.

Also if you didn't know... If you are on a wheel. When you do different swaps (say swap a V8 in to a 350z) you will feel the weight of it increase.

Like i said just putting in a different rotary engine in my RX-7 Enfini I felt a difference.

Hei
It's a ford GT chassis with a lightning motor, glad you enjoyed it.

Enjoyed is a understatement I need to research how to do that.

So I guess this means opinion changed I guess.

Well, after watching this video, maybe they just might have to let it slide.

http://jalopnik.com/this-fiat-500-has-a-lamborghini-v12-a-ferrari-v8-and-464850316

Epic...👍👍

Glad to see you got some enjoyment out of it. I think one can be of the opinion that PD has to do something about open ended hybriding like this for GT6, and still get some enjoyment out of it while it exists. I feel that way and hybriding has revived my interest in the game. One lap in a tweaked 69' Vette chassis for a little more grip and 350 fire breathing HP from a 69' Camaro RM motor, with all the sound and fury that goes with it, should be enough to convince anyone.:sly:

If you're looking for some cars, you can PM me too:tup:

Johnnypenso
Epic...👍👍

Glad to see you got some enjoyment out of it. I think one can be of the opinion that PD has to do something about open ended hybriding like this for GT6, and still get some enjoyment out of it while it exists. I feel that way and hybriding has revived my interest in the game. One lap in a tweaked 69' Vette chassis for a little more grip and 350 fire breathing HP from a 69' Camaro RM motor, with all the sound and fury that goes with it, should be enough to convince anyone.:sly:

If you're looking for some cars, you can PM me too:tup:

If they get rid of hybriding in gt6 but did nothing to stop gt5 I think I might be alright with it all certainly adds more to the game consider me converted.

It won't happen for GT6, at least not for a while. I expect a new coding for saves. As much as I want it to be on the PS3, if it is released for the PS4, that's a whole new animal to crack.

Hei
It won't happen for GT6, at least not for a while. I expect a new coding for saves. As much as I want it to be on the PS3, if it is released for the PS4, that's a whole new animal to crack.

I guess anything can be cracked given the right way if going about it I doubt it woukd be stopped if its figured out for gt6.

It all depends on how it is handled. I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying it will take some time.

Ha, I was just about to post that video.

Food for thought, I haven't been able to mod the 2014 vette and I haven't seen one on the forum anywhere. Looks like the system might be robust enough to stop modding that infringes on the manufacturer's wishes.

Well in any event given the time frame hybrids have been well known there hasnt been anything from pd and as each day goes by the likely hood of it being acted on slims.

Voodoovaj
Ha, I was just about to post that video.

Food for thought, I haven't been able to mod the 2014 vette and I haven't seen one on the forum anywhere. Looks like the system might be robust enough to stop modding that infringes on the manufacturer's wishes.

Been meaning to try putting the C6 suspension/transmission/LSD so i could actually be able to tune the car. I wonder if it was one of those things that certain parts do not work in some cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back