• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,596 comments
Tickets...

For this...

1651784442245.png

and...

.. this...

1651784521968.png

So while I save up and wait for material costs to come down, and finally finish the basement at my new house, I'm turning my spare bedroom into a study room; just like I had in my old house.

Got this dual motor gem at a bespoke office supply store for half off because it was lightly used.

Mint condition and an absolute steal. I am ecstatic!! No more excuses for lack of productivity.

20220505_230608.jpg

Minimum height: 22.1"
Maximum height: 57"
Tabletop dimensions: 58" x 23" x 1"

Now I need to pull the trigger on a comfy office chair. I can't stand those ergo office chairs, I'm looking for a plush leather one. I'll update the thread when I get one.

B00D4532-AFA3-4BA5-B513-AD7B40B919E2.png

My favorite artist launched a Bandcamp campaign to press her latest album on vinyl. It reached it’s goal in 45 minutes. I don’t even have a record player, but this is the first physical release from her so I had to get it. Probably gonna frame it.

I got a bunch of things but mostly for my condo...I got some throw pillows from home goods for both my love seat and couch...both sets were on sale so it makes it that much better... got a book for my coffee table...got this plant ive been wanting for a while which is a fiddle-leaf fig, got some shorts of my favorite sports team ever... and last but not least got a game for my switch
20220507_085823.jpg

20220507_084711.jpg

20220507_084618.jpg

20220507_083839.jpg

20220504_173849.jpg

20220507_102353.jpg

The lights themselves might be fine but the silicone strap for mounting can degrade over time. I’ve had several snap after a short time of general use. Not even expensive units are exempt from this issue.
They are convenient but not as durable as screw mounts.

Desk mat, wrist pad, and arm wrest combo from Amazon.

Doesn't really complement the tabletop too well, but I was growing tired of the black and brown comor combo everywhere lol

20220510_211904.jpg

I saw this book on Amazon and decided to give it a try. There is one for each decade from the fifties through the nineties. If I like it, it may be a collection I decide to complete over time.
91QCEFulOHL.jpg
I added the entire series to my wishlist. Will start to buy them soon.

So after not wearing a wedding band for something like 4 years, I finally decided that maybe I should, you know get one. I figured I'd support a local company if I could and found Enso rings, who also happens to have a Star Wars license. So of course I had to get the ring that said "I Know" in Aurebesh.

PXL_20220511_014832986.jpg

The lights themselves might be fine but the silicone strap for mounting can degrade over time. I’ve had several snap after a short time of general use. Not even expensive units are exempt from this issue.
They are convenient but not as durable as screw mounts.
Interesting. I'm wondering if I could cut the sillicone parts away, drill a couple holes and use cord or velcro.

This, and his three amigos.

20220511_155257.jpg

20220511_155319.jpg

I'd been trying to get a set of these genuine HSV Rimfire option rims for about 4 years and finally a set came up at the cheapest I've ever seen them. Still a long way off what I'd call cheap though, but considering a damaged set is on Gumtree at the moment for $6k AUD and these were just over $4k I consider it a steal. I was only the second person to view them and finally I got in first to buy them. :D

Interesting. I'm wondering if I could cut the sillicone parts away, drill a couple holes and use cord or velcro.
I’ve had better success with Velcro straps. Bear in mind my silicon gets drenched in UV in this part of the world which might contribute to its degradation. This still takes a few year so you might be alright in the short term.

I’ve had better success with Velcro straps. Bear in mind my silicon gets drenched in UV in this part of the world which might contribute to its degradation. This still takes a few year so you might be alright in the short term.
How bad would it look if after installing the mirror you wrap it with several layers of quality electrical tape?

How bad would it look if after installing the mirror you wrap it with several layers of quality electrical tape?
Depends. Mirrors usually come as bolt-ons, and typically don’t belong on a bicycle. ;)
The anti-theft philosophy of “ugly bike” might come into play but it certainly doesn’t make the item quick release if it’s covered in tape lol. If you really want it stuck fast use Gorilla Glue; less ugly, more permanent.

Ooh, thanks for letting me know. I was unsure if it was just one of those scam Amazon products with fake reviews.
My mounting looks like this and is very sturdy. 2yo and still going strong. Very bright light which comes in handy riding to work during wintertime.
20220511_160632.jpg

Picked up some more 4K’s as on offer

Bad Boys 1, 2 & 3
Hellboy 1
Boys in the Hood
Labyrinth

To be honest, Bad Boys 2 & 3 not really my choice but the missus wants them. This will also by the 4th copy of Labyrinth we own. DVD, Standard Blu-ray and the Mondo Steelbook Blu-ray and now the 4K

Forgot to add: Paid for Decorator to come and sort out the stairs in our house. That’s, walls, ceiling and woodwork stripped, prepped and painted. Also new carpet in 2 weeks time.

I’ll be pairing the cupboard at the top of the stairs as now we have the skylight boarded up, it’s a little darker.

B1ADC9BE-8EEF-4964-B4BC-FF09C481E6B3.jpeg

7052EE24-64C3-4EEA-8DB4-38501A0A0E7F.jpeg

Last edited:
I started getting into sprint car racing this year so I bought a ticket for the Knoxville Nationals (one of the bigger events) as well as a hotel room somewhat close to the track.

PhotoGet.aspx

Also booked a hotel room in Fargo to see the same series (World of Outlaws) in August. Hopefully the weather is more cooperative than it has been thus far.

Ordered anther cap because apparently I can't have too many. Don't follow MLB but I've been eyeing off Orioles caps for a little while because I really like the logo. Finally found one that was on sale and the correct size for my large head.

Orioles.jpg

Back