Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,632 comments
IMG_7355.jpg

Since I'm heading down to Houston tomorrow I thought I would get a nice little point and shoot to complement my 40D, and so when I head over to Louisiana for Mardi Gras I have a small camera and not a XBOX huge DSLR that would be insanely hard to keep track of and not break while I am uh "doing stuff".

Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive - OEM

hd197se200am0.jpg

Specs:

Capacity: 1TB
Cache: 32MB
Interface: SATA-II
Spin Speed: 7200RPM
Seek Time: 8.5ms
Warranty: 3 Years

I don't think you can get one for the PS3, unless you're going to use it as an external drive. Highest capacity internal 2.5" drive I have seen is 500GB.

Only if you want to keep the hard drive inside the PS3. You can use a SATA adapater that allows you to keep the SATA drive externally, thus you are not limited to just 2.5" drives:

I just ordered a Xecuter HDXT PS3 Hard Drive Xtender and am now trying to decide what hard drive to get to replace the current HDD in my PS3:
  • Western Digital WD3200BEVT Scorpio
    • 320GB 5400 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache

I am currently leaning towards one of these (price includes tax & shipping):

• $100 Samsung HD103UJ Spinpoint F1
    • 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 32MB Cache

• $105 Western Digital WD10EACS Caviar Green
    • 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache

• $110 Seagate ST31000333AS Barracuda
    • 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 32MB Cache

• $130 Seagate ST31500341AS Barracuda
    • 1.5TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 32MB Cache
I'm open for suggestions. The best value is certainly the 1.5TB Barracuda drive from Seagate, but I'm tempted to stick with Western Digital as I have a great track record with their drives, and I know they are very quiet drives, which I like. I'm definitely weary of Samsung drives, as I have heard iffy things about them in the past... but a $100 is certainly a great price for a 1TB drive w/32MB cache. 👍

Very nice! I would love to nab a couple decent lights for the amateur shoots I do from time to time.

Here's kind of a summary shot of my latest purchases. It was a combined effort for sure:
DSC_0116.JPG

Oh and a cup of coffee.

DN, I think you might want to look at a 2TB HDD from here. The HDD has been out for about a month and by the looks of it, its a good drive but a tad costly.

blindedbythelightor9.png

New vertical blinds for my french door - $35!
Mess made on the table and floor to install said blinds - free!
Wife happy that I actually started and completed a job all on the same day - über priceless!

Latest Posts

Back