Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,632 comments
DSC00014.jpg

That's a problem. :ill:

Take the trash out bro..... Come on, brake from the stereotype, flee from the supression of our manhood. ;)
Trash I'll take out. But when you're tired of picking up Dew can all over the house, a man has to stand his ground somewhere. I do enough cleaning up after the kids! :lol:

TB
Trash I'll take out. But when you're tired of picking up Dew can all over the house, a man has to stand his ground somewhere. I do enough cleaning up after the kids! :lol:

I hear ya. How is it for picking up toys? I've adopted a "Pick up or I throw out" rule for the kid's toys and such. You may have to toss a toy or two out, but it's worth it in the long run. :)

I hear ya. How is it for picking up toys? I've adopted a "Pick up or I throw out" rule for the kid's toys and such. You may have to toss a toy or two out, but it's worth it in the long run. :)
So I'm not the only one to do that? :lol:

I have thrown a few things, but fortunately they've all been toys from McDonalds or somewhere similar so I really didn't care, but they sure did!

And it is quite the motivator, too. 👍

31DKN60T2HL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Lord Of The Rings: 50th anniversary edition

Just ordered this, I will read the Hobbit before I tuck into this tho. After I've finished, The end of mr Y, Terry Pratchett - Nation & Terry Pratchett Wee Free Men.

url]

I bought for my GF, she wanted a 13.3 laptop, dedicated graphics, which was thin and attractive. Did not leave me with much choice so I got this one. it is totall overkill for what she needs.

The cooling mod has been done to the GPU to stop it self destructing! (bad cooling/faulty GPU)

PS

It is more powerful then my desktop!!! lol

Dell XPS M1330

Intel® Core™2 Extreme - X7900 2.6Ghz (800 MHz FSB 4MB L2 cache)
Web camera built into lid
13.3 WXGA Widescreen (1280x800) White-LED Truelife Display (300nits)
4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x2048]
n'Vidia 128MB GeForce Go 8400M Graphics card
200GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
DVD+/-RW Drive slot load drive
Primary 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery (85 WHr)
Intel® Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card
Bluetooth card
Fingerprint reader for added security
Dell 5505 cellular internal broadband wireless card - for broadband on the go.
Microsoft® Works 9.0
Roxio Creator/MyDVD
Genuine Windows Vista® Business
2 USB 2.0 compliant 4-pin connectors
IEEE 1394a
RJ45 Ethernet port (10/100)
Video: VGA
Video: HDMI
ExpressCard 54 mm slot
8-in-1 removable memory card reader
Audio jacks: Stereo in & headphone/speaker out (x2) dual digital array mics

Hawt! now post some pics using these.... also are you going to be running them indoors only or do you plan on having a power source for outdoor use as well?

Ordered these through a store(only elinchrom authorize dealer in canada) for $799. But I work small jobs for a small industrial graphics design company and its covered under "expenses" :)

They should be here friday. As for now, I only have plans to use them indoors. When the need arises, I'll consider a battery pack (can't afford one anyways) For now, speedlights and umbrellas will do for "portable" lightsource.

Thats kind of the way it goes with buying used engines. I know where the guy lives and thats enough assurance for me. Saying I hope it runs was just a little joke.

Just got myself:

The Silmarillion: 30th anniversary edition

the-silmarillion.jpg

Stunning book.

So I gave in to the ricer/love of music in me and I now own the following:

dscf0001zp2.jpg

Look at the price!
dscf0002oc9.jpg

dscf0003uo8.jpg

dscf0004as8.jpg

My stock system has absolutely no bass, so this will help keep me from having to turn it up so loud that the doors rattle to get past the "headphones" sound.

I just love bass basically. Not the "beat" kind of bass, but basslines. I listen to a lot of drum and bass and some of them have sounds so low than my surround sound system in my room can barely handle them. In my car it's just not there whatsoever.

I'm going to set it up so I can pull the whole box out in a few minutes, that way when I want to go for a drive I can just pull it out so I won't have all that weight in the back. On my daily commute to work though, things aren't as exciting, so this will help.

Probably I am thinking of deeper bass.. but not a bad track 👍
Thinking of a deeper bass? It doesn't get much deeper than that. Maybe your speakers aren't picking it up?

I've got the DJ Shadow song though, that's a good one as well.

Dude you're such a riiiiccceeerrrr!!!

No, actually, it does get pretty boring. Gotta have music, not matter what anyone says. I've already tried the "straight pipe is all the music I need" thing. It got old real quick.

Back