Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,631 comments
You could always search the nets for someone who already owns the album and is willing to lend you a copy of that song...

It is actually available on Amazon.com for just 99 cents, but it is only available to US customers :(

Still, the album I bought earlier - Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John (1975) is absolutely brilliant. I can't explain or believe why, as a big fan of EJ's early material, I never bought this earlier. It has three extra tracks as compared to the original 1975 release, which is a bit of a shame because the album works beautifully without them, and they seem (as they are!) tacked on. One of the bonus tracks, "Philadelphia Freedom" is a classic, but the others seriously bring the average down. But this is a small complaint for an album chock-full with songcraft at its very best - "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" is arguably one of Elton John's finest songs, and one of Taupin's most powerful lyrics. "Tower of Babel" is superb, although has a weird lyric, decrying the sex and drugs lifestyle which Elton John was, by 1975, not exactly a stranger to himself.... this album was maybe the last "classic" Elton John album, and as such I'm very glad to have it now 👍

Friday April 17th tickets to see :

fleetwood_mac1.jpg

Fleetwood Mac

New garbage disposal.

02206011000qlt900resmod.jpg

Exciting, huh? I wanted to go for the pull start disposal, but my wife said we didn't need it. I tried explaining that sometimes wants > needs but she didn't bite. I chose not to push. This time.

Flat gray plastic. The only chrome is the mounting hardware.

I forgot: this is another buy-it-and-install-it-after-work project that wives love so much. 👍

My dad has a ton those after work projects... Hes been procrastinating for about 15-20 years. I think its turned more into a after retirement project. :D

^
Yes it is a recent photo to promote this latest tour called " The unleashed tour "

<<<<<<<<< my avatar ( Stevie ) :lol:

Really looking forward to this one.

I got some good news and bad news. :nervous:

The good news is that I finally got my new PlayStation3/80g after two weeks of waiting. 👍

The bad news is that after 30 min of being switched on its Resting In Peace thanks to the Red Light of Death. 👎

Sigh

Lucky I bought 3x12 Cookies with White chocolate and Cranberry :dopey:

Guess I'll still be missing out on lots of GTP_Events :(

Damn, that sucks. Is that why you sent it in in the first place? Was it under warranty?

No, I never had one before, this is my first and just got it today, but sigh :( I'm sending it back where I bought it from, hoping they will sent a new one, at least they said so, but :shrug:

Last edited:
I got some good news and bad news. :nervous:

The good news is that I finally got my new PlayStation3/80g after two weeks of waiting. 👍

The bad news is that after 30 min of being switched on its Resting In Peace thanks to the Red Light of Death. 👎

Are you sure it's not just on standby?

Oh, that doesn't look good. Have you tried giving it a hard shake?*

* that's a joke by the way.

No, I never had one before, this is my first and just got it today, but sigh :( I'm sending it back where I bought it from, hoping they will sent a new one, at least they said so, but :shrug:

That bites... but I would be shocked if a store wouldn't take back a defective item... unless I suppose it was some kind of special sale item, and even then I would be rightly ticked if they didn't. However, if they don't take it back, I'd contact Sony immediately and I'm sure they'll send you a brand new replacement.

BTW: I noticed your PS3 box looks very different than the ones I have seen in the stores here in the Sates and online... I suppose the European PS3 packaging is different.

Oh, that doesn't look good. Have you tried giving it a hard shake?*

* that's a joke by the way.

Phew, you got me there! :P

BTW: I noticed your PS3 box looks very different than the ones I have seen in the stores here in the Sates and online... I suppose the European PS3 packaging is different.

I guess so, here is a closer look

It had eastern European manuals in it, but had no problems getting the system running in Danish.

That bites... but I would be shocked if a store wouldn't take back a defective item... unless I suppose it was some kind of special sale item, and even then I would be rightly ticked if they didn't. However, if they don't take it back, I'd contact Sony immediately and I'm sure they'll send you a brand new replacement.

Was just a normal buy from a well known Danish internet site - they had the cheapest price, maybe because they imported it from eastern Europe. I normaly don't buy stuff from the internet, so don't know if that's normal here in Europe, but it sounds a bit dodgy.

I'm just afraid when they get it back from me that the problem is gone, as I been reading some sites about Red Light of Death, where people say it could work after some days, but then it would go dead again.

Was just a normal buy from a well known Danish internet site - they had the cheapest price, maybe because they imported it from eastern Europe. I normaly don't buy stuff from the internet, so don't know if that's normal here in Europe, but it sounds a bit dodgy.

I'm just afraid when they get it back from me that the problem is gone, as I been reading some sites about Red Light of Death, where people say it could work after some days, but then it would go dead again.

I would not accept it, even if it did start to work properly in the next hour let alone days... as it is clearly an indication something about it is possibly not working properly. Seeing as you bought it from a well known site, I certainly hope they will take it back and send you a replacement. If not, I would definitely get Sony involved.

Regardless, I'm sure it's a huge disappointment, and I hope you get a replacement in short order. 👍

open item.. someone open it.. look at it and return it? lol

Today my Purchases was

Killzone 2

RadioShack Headphone extraction cable. That way I can play KILLZONE2 on my GRADO SR80 all night long without waking up anybody.

grado%20sr%2080_1_small.jpg

Quick question. They say you can use the Officail PS3 headset like a MIC.. how does that work? Just Plug it in with USB turn it on and it works like a mic?

Last edited:
Quick question. They say you can use the Officail PS3 headset like a MIC.. how does that work? Just Plug it in with USB turn it on and it works like a mic?

If by official PS3 headset you are talking about this one and not some USB headset, then yes, it definitely has a mic, and no it doesn't need a USB cable. It uses wireless Bluetooth to communicate with your PS3 or any mobile phone with a Bluetooth receiver. 👍

As for setting it up. It's very easy to do, and in fact will automatically pair with your PS3 when you connect it to your PS3 via the USB charging cable. After that, simply go to the Accessory Settings menu and then select Audio Device Settings. In that menu you can select what device you want to use as your mic (input), and what device you want to use to listen with (output).

For instance, if you have the PS Eye, and want everyone in the room to be able to chat, or don't want to use a headset, you would select the PS Eye for input. For output, you can either set it to default (which means it is sent through the same audio signal as the PS3 and games) or set it to whatever audio device you have that can accept an audio output, like Bluetooth headsets. 👍

Last edited:
Nox, I have the latest Socom headset-not sure if that is what you have, but if you place the headset in the charging stand and plug the stand into the PS3, it acts like a standing microphone so you won't need to clip it to your ear. You will need to make sure the sound output is through the 'system default device' in the setup menu for your bluetooth devices, otherwise the sounds normally delivered to your earpiece (other players voices) will not be heard.

I'm not 100% on the setup, but I know the mic will work this way, I tried it last night playing WipeoutHD. I had the headset on my ear when the batteries died, found I could not use it on my ear while charging. I plugged it into the stand to charge it only to realize it was still working sitting on the stand. Pretty freaking sweet!

You can also get around this (if your headset doesn't work this way) by clipping the headset to the headband of your headphones (instead of trying to put the headphones on top of it, not comfortable) and outputting the voices to the default output. The mic will still pick up your voice so others can hear you, and their voices will be coming through your headphones. I've been doing this for weeks, it works fine.

EDIT: Treed by D-N!

Back