Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,631 comments
I want a professional Steering wheel, but at the same time i dont wanna spend the money on one and if im moving soon i might as well wait

I got me a free 250GB sata HDD from my IT class. The reason that I got it for free is because the plastic that is around the power connector broke off. Just use some electrical tape on the sata power cable and I'm good.:sly:

dscf3744.jpg

Midnight showing opening night on IMAX!!!

Oh, for Watchmen, if you couldn't figure it out.

I just finished my online booking for the IMAX screening in Sydney on Thursday. Woo Hoo!
👍

This is a first for me. I have seen first movie on a Saturday and on occasion a showing on the first Friday evening, but I have never done the midnight Thursday night thing. I better get free crap.

This is a first for me. I have seen first movie on a Saturday and on occasion a showing on the first Friday evening, but I have never done the midnight Thursday night thing. I better get free crap.

Unless it's a premier or the theater is doing a special event (which very few IMAX theaters do), then the only free crap you can expect to get is the loss of sleep and to watch a movie with a lot of hardcore fans. :)

I'm trying to talk myself into going to the midnight screening at the Alamo Drafthouse as they are planning a special event there... but there are sooo many crazy Watchmen fans here in Austin, there is talk already that people are going to be camping out days before hand to get the best seats, including Harry Knowles and his huge posse!

BTW: If you want to read a review of the film by perhaps the ultimate original comic book Watchmen fanboy, Harry finally busted loose with his thoughts from his early screening.

Unless it's a premier or the theater is doing a special event (which very few IMAX theaters do), then the only free crap you can expect to get is the loss of sleep and to watch a movie with a lot of hardcore fans. :)
I just want to clarify this is not an IMAX theater, like at the museum. This IMAX has yet to show an educational film other than James Cameron's Deep Sea 3-D. It has been showing The Dark Knight since it came out and before that has been things like Polar Express 3D every Christmas, Iron Man, Superman Returns in partial 3D (that was odd), etc.

No this is just one IMAX screen in a 20 screen multiplex, National Amusements Cinema De Lux 20 @ Stonybrook. This same theater also has a Director's Hall, which has reclining seats (sorta, like airplane seats "recline") and people who serve you food from popcorn to pizza and burgers so that you don't have to wait in line.

In this theater is also a sports bar, Chatters, which has typical sports bar food and $2.50 craft brew pints and $3 brand name bourbon. You can take any of their non-alcohol stuff to the movie with you.

The best feature my wife and I have found at this theater though is that all the armrests raise up between the seat backs, so a couple isn't kept apart by the armrest/cup holder. So, now I can use the snuggling close excuse to keep my drink out of reach of my wife. :sly:

Typically this theater is the one that has the small swag, like buttons and posters, opening night. It is the largest theater in the state. If I am going to find a special event or giveaways this will be it.

But if at the end of the night all I get is a nerd party, then so be it. I have Friday off.

I'm trying to talk myself into going to the midnight screening at the Alamo Drafthouse as they are planning a special event there...
OK, I just checked out their Web site. They need an IMAX theater. And they show Lost every Wednesday night? On a big screen? And it is an adults-only environment with beer?

I haven't been there and I already love this place. I see they have Rogue Dead Guy Ale on tap. Stay away, unless you like the taste of crushed up aspirin.

but there are sooo many crazy Watchmen fans here in Austin, there is talk already that people are going to be camping out days before hand to get the best seats, including Harry Knowles and his huge posse!
You will notice my tickets are for reserved seats (the block boxes). Row K, Seats 15-18. The theater was already 2/3 sold, and they went on sale today.

BTW: If you want to read a review of the film by perhaps the ultimate original comic book Watchmen fanboy, Harry finally busted loose with his thoughts from his early screening.
I got the Kevin Smith version of the ultimate hardcore fanboy review. But he likes Ben Affleck, so who knows?

main.jpg

I wish i could say i own the building now, (free food) but no, my latest Purchase was their delicious food stuffs!

TB
Looks like tirerack has them for $92.

Yeah, but his Civic runs 17 inch wheels. Which look like they are $120 a pop. Of course, it should also be noted those are pretty competition tires for street classes. And they don't last quite as long, pick up every nail and thing on the road, are noisy, have a harsh ride, and will follow every line in the road.

Well, if everyone wants me to, I will "show off my latest purchase" when it arrives...

...However, it should be noted that it is a mankini. :D

Of course, it should also be noted those are pretty competition tires for street classes. And they don't last quite as long, pick up every nail and thing on the road, are noisy, have a harsh ride, and will follow every line in the road.

Is it bad if I consider every one of those good traits?

When it's wet out, I can actually feel the car jump back and forth over tar snakes on the road.
That said, the tread pattern on the Azenis look like they'd be good at evacuating water from under the tire.

Count me in:
843733-killzone2box_large.jpg

Nice. We can play online, now. You can take delight as you easily kick my butt. (Not that good with the demo). You just have to wait for Monday on account my mailman didn't deliver my game today.

I just scored some generic headlight bulbs for $6.90 a set. YUP. My light went out yesterday. I don't care if these things only last me a couple months because I could get 4 sets and still pay less than 1 set of Sylvania Silver Star bulbs, which have only lasted me a year now.

Also, this, for only $30 total:

t_20781.jpg

A Fidanza short-throw shifter off Ebay. My cousin and buddy both just bought one, and for that price you can't beat it. Most steel shifters cost about $100 new and some people try to use aluminum ones because they come in ricer cool colors and are lighter, but then they break the threads off cause it's weak. This steel one will complement my extension nicely.

Back