Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,631 comments
I have a 90-year-old grandmother with every free or cheap tip in the book. Heck, any barber/stylist will just sweep up the floor and put the hair in a bag for you for free. I have contemplated the electric fence idea, and I already have poles that my wife's grandfather had in his shed, but I also need to stop rabbits and raccoons, which can get around it, particularly those crafty coons. Bad smells are easy and cheap. I did find mesh fencing in the shed too, so I might put that up. I feel like I am scavenging a dead man's gardening supplies.

Last night I found I have slugs on my lettuce, so egg shells will be going out tonight or tomorrow.

:lol: I hear ya. Well let us know how that works out. I think more people will be planting gardens this year trying to grow their own produce.

:lol: I hear ya. Well let us know how that works out. I think more people will be planting gardens this year trying to grow their own produce.

Sounds like it may need its own thread.

Or nets... Worked for us.

We use nets supported by tall stakes over our herb and vegetable garden, and for areas on our property where we don't want to use a fence or net or anything that stands out, I just spray a little diluted coyote urine near or around the area. I can't say for other parts of the country, but here it's easy to find, in fact I've even seen it at Lowe's and Home Depot. One light spraying usually lasts a month unless it rains a lot. It smells a bit when you first spray it, but for humans, the smell only lasts about a day.

Is there anything special in the premium edition?

Comes with a comic/art book, a chart for tournaments, and a t-shirt all in a nice metal case. :)

If the Wiki listing/GameSpot is accurate, it also has "exclusive access to extra customization content":

GameSpot also mentions that there will be exclusive access to extra customization content in this version.[9] The "extra customization content" refers to the automatic unlocking of the "Soul Calibur", "Soul Edge", and joke weapons for each character, as well as clothing items to create a schoolboy or schoolgirl character. In New Zealand, United Kingdom and Australia there will be a Steelbook case edition instead, with bonus DVD containing 4 trailers in HD, 4 wallpapers, exclusive concept art and an exclusive booklet with character biographies.

qpc.jpg

McD's Quarter Pounder with a delicious chocolate shake.

Why does human hair repel deer? And in what way is the hair to be used?

I doubt they'll ever get more trees, though. Plus, good luck finding a hair stylist in rural Arkansas.

I doubt they'll ever get more trees, though. Plus, good luck finding a hair stylist in rural Arkansas.
It's the smell. It is the same principal as the coyote urine D-N was using. They smell that a predator has marked the area and don't hang out waiting to see if it is coming back. If you have ever seen the movie The Rookie it is what they do to the high school baseball field to keep the deer from eating the grass seed. My mom has used hair for years.

All you have to do is sprinkle it around the area you don't want them to come near.

In rural Arkansas they probably call them beauty shops. Personally, I still prefer a traditional barber. A bunch of old men arguing sports and politics while cutting hair. Oh, and they are only $10. 👍

The scent. If they smell humans they aren't going to come there.

For what? To get the hell out of the way?

No, to tell people the risks of sailing with a flying dolphin.

Here's a good purchase for you. I just had my brand new Asus Eee PC 900HA in glossy black delivered to me. Here's an example, for my camera isn't charged yet.
asus_eee_pc_900ha_2.jpg

And thus. I'll have some pics up and running tomorrow probably.
Oh, and it has a 9 inch screen.

Zune car kit off of sellout.woot.com today. The thing retails for some absurd price, I want to say $70 at most electronic stores. Even the cheapest online is $25 plus shipping. I got this for $14.99 shipped. Pretty sound deal I couldn't pass up considering when I'm on epic road trips my Zune's battery runs low after a while and then I have to listen to the radio...shutters.

Microsoft_Zune_Car_Pack_v2nc5Standard.jpg

I'm back home in the UK for 3 weeks and I was very surprised to see how 'cheap' the Nintendo Wii is on Amazon. It's half the price of the Hong Kong one! Weird as HK is the cheap electronics capital of the world. So, I took the liberty of just buying below. (I guess I will be asking my folks to send me games when I'm back in HK due to the region non-freeness)

- UK Wii with x1 Wiimote the other controller thingy and Wii Sports
- Endless Ocean (I love the idea of this game)
- Wii Fit
- Rock Band
- EA official RB guitar

Coming...
- Rock Band 2 (end of month)

Does anyone know how long Amazon take to deliver when using first class mail? I can't wait to get my hands on the goods.

What if your hair smells like delicious coconut like mine does?
Mine smells like [Irish accent] a fresh Irish Spring [/Irish accent] and they aren't trying to drink from my head.

So long as you sweat, secrete oils, whatever it is that smells like a human/carnivore to a creature with a heightened sense of smell it will work.

Rue
- UK Wii with x1 Wiimote the other controller thingy and Wii Sports
- Endless Ocean (I love the idea of this game)
- Wii Fit
- Rock Band
- EA official RB guitar
Endless Ocean and RB are two great games, but Endless Ocean can be a bit boring and tedious if you aren't into the educational aspect of it.

If you like Wii Fit, or even find it lacking, watch for the upcoming EA Sports Active, which uses a giant strip of rubber to create resistance during your workout, and can use, but does not require, the balance board.

Last edited:
Zune car kit off of sellout.woot.com today. The thing retails for some absurd price, I want to say $70 at most electronic stores. Even the cheapest online is $25 plus shipping. I got this for $14.99 shipped. Pretty sound deal I couldn't pass up considering when I'm on epic road trips my Zune's battery runs low after a while and then I have to listen to the radio...shutters.

Microsoft_Zune_Car_Pack_v2nc5Standard.jpg
Ah, clever then that Woot is selling Zunes today...

More deetz and specs please.

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8600 (2.40Ghz, 3MB, 1066MHz)
8192MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x4096]
320GB (5,400rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive (i have 3 1tb backup drives anyway for my telemetry and videos and pictures)
256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD4330

wanted it in white :( but stuck with black.

100_3878.jpg

100_3879.jpg

Birthday gifts for my nephew who is about to become a teenager. :nervous:

I got the Seiko at Macy's who is having a nice sale on watches... saved about $100. 👍

Buzz! Quiz TV was only $20 at WALMART 👍

Speaking of which, I also noticed they dropped the price of the Eye of Judgment with the PS Eye to just $20. :eek:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back