Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,631 comments
This baby (to replace my stolen D80):

fuji-s5-pro.jpg

Plus two 4GB CF cards and a spare battery. :)

I LOVE my D80. its a shame yours got stolen. damn thieves

Worms is on PSN? May have to get that when I get paid.
It is in the US. I'm not sure about the EU store. It runs $11.99 here, so not quite the $15 that stops me from getting a lot of stuff, but a bit more than the $10 that I am comfortable with. But as it was one of my favorite series I was happy to pay that to get it in HD with online multiplayer.

It seems to be a best of set of weapons, keeping holy hand grenades, concrete donkeys, banana bombs, and super sheep, but removing the more outrageous (albeit still fun) things like homing pigeons, old ladies, and mad cows.

Fortunately, this version does recognize that default weapon settings should have infinite baseball bats, fire punches and prods. Why some games limited those amazes me. It isn't as if I threw my hand or the bat at them.

It is in the US. I'm not sure about the EU store. It runs $11.99 here, so not quite the $15 that stops me from getting a lot of stuff, but a bit more than the $10 that I am comfortable with. But as it was one of my favorite series I was happy to pay that to get it in HD with online multiplayer.

It is available from the EU store, i downloaded it last week 👍

Not had chance to try it online yet, but the regular multiplayer mode is proper old skool Worms at it's best 👍 👍

Not had chance to try it online yet, but the regular multiplayer mode is proper old skool Worms at it's best 👍 👍
The multiplayer is just a lobby system where you can host or join games based on criteria you set up. Once in it is fairly good, although a slow connection from someone will occasionally result in "waiting on other player messages." The bonus is that if they disconnect it just considers them dead and the game goes on. It also will automatically shift host to someone else if the host drops out, so they can't just quit if they are losing. It threw me off because after the first round of a game I was suddenly being asked to set up the next board.

The only issue I have with online is that some guys have crazy skills and they look like Tarzan swinging from rope to rope and then make perfect shots around obstacles.

Oh, and watch your button presses. I meant to open a menu and accidentally put a bazooka in my face. :ouch:

does the vanilla taste like vanilla ice cream, or does it taste like box? And not european-style vanilla ice cream because that is gross.

does the vanilla taste like vanilla ice cream, or does it taste like box? And not european-style vanilla ice cream because that is gross.

Oh, I've had vanilla ice cream before and I wouldn't say that this protein tastes like it. It really has more of a neutral taste, not bland, but not really full of flavor. It makes for a great smoothy base and is easy to swallow on a daily basis without a nasty after taste. As with all protein powers, wash your shaker bottle daily.

Oh, I've had vanilla ice cream before and I wouldn't say that this protein tastes like it. It really has more of a neutral taste, not bland, but not really full of flavor. It makes for a great smoothy base and is easy to swallow on a daily basis without a nasty after taste. As with all protein powers, wash your shaker bottle daily.

I left one of mine in the car on a hot summer day, forgot about it over the weekend, and come Monday morning, the stench was ungodly. Chocolate never smelt so bad.

[/B]

I left one of mine in the car on a hot summer day, forgot about it over the weekend, and come Monday morning, the stench was ungodly. Chocolate never smelt so bad.

Oh dude, that is nasty. I know exactly what stench you are talking about.... :yuck:

It took about a month of attempts, but I finally got it:

Sweet like a Trans Am. I played Final Fight for 3 hours. It was awesome. The load times are crazy fast, too, which was something I wasn't expecting at all.

Where on Earth did you get that? Awesome find!

My latest purchase was some enameled wire in 22, 26, and 30 gauge for a radio project.

2 purchases for me:
Showmaster.jpg

Not that exact one, mines blue and has HSS setup but its a squier showmaster none the less. £199 sec ond hand.

Boss%20ME50.jpg

Boss ME50, also second hand, £129.

I just ordered my wife a new laptop for her to use for school. :D

Click image for specs.

Edit: Received the confirmation email. Estimated ship date of the 28th and 3-5 days transit. 👍

Total price with tax and shipping - $472.87.

Last edited:
Just wanted to throw in a little update on my Oakley's. They won't be here until Tuesday. Took them about thirteen business days before being picked up by FedEx.

What is custom about them and why again? Are they prescriptions?
Look at the lens again.

flaks2.png

It should say Polorized on the left lens, but is says E. Biggs.

There might be some other things, as well. I'd imagine he picked out everything the way he wanted them - lens, frame color, ear socks, etc.

TB
Look at the lens again.

flaks2.png

It should say Polorized on the left lens, but is says E. Biggs.

There might be some other things, as well. I'd imagine he picked out everything the way he wanted them - lens, frame color, ear socks, etc.

Yup...You nailed it. For a premium ($70 or so in my case?) you can make any of Oakley's sunglasses exactly how you want. Depending on which design, you can choose the frame color, ear socks color, logo color, lens (colors, whether its polarized - and if it is polarized, what etching you want, and transitions).

Check it out for yourself. http://oakley.com/custom/flakjacket

Edit: I think Oakley only sells like three color variations of the Flak Jackets regularly...none of which are quite what I want.

Green Day 21st Century Breakdown

green-day-21st-century-breakdown-album-cover.jpg

Why? Because I like it, I think the single (Know Your Enemy) was a bad representation of this album, there are some much better songs on the album without the endless repetition seen in Know Your Enemy.

Yup...You nailed it. For a premium ($70 or so in my case?) you can make any of Oakley's sunglasses exactly how you want. Depending on which design, you can choose the frame color, ear socks color, logo color, lens (colors, whether its polarized - and if it is polarized, what etching you want, and transitions).

Check it out for yourself. http://oakley.com/custom/flakjacket

Edit: I think Oakley only sells like three color variations of the Flak Jackets regularly...none of which are quite what I want.

Neat. I think I'll stick to Maui Jims though.

For the low low price of free (so I guess it technically is not a purchase):

Now lets see if I can build a transcoder.

Last edited:
Back