Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,629 comments
Yes I know I have duplicates of asteroids and space invaders...but both of the dupes are the telegames with the variants...plus I love both games to warrant the dupes :) Actually the place I bought a few of them for 50 cents were buy 2 get 1 free...If I had more room and storage I'd buy more but that prevents me from doing so :(

p37.png

ATF. The 4qt jug.

*EDIT*

I'm looking into getting some more powerful OEM Honda parts for my CB7, so for shiggles until I can track them down, I got myself a cheapo CAI filter at AutoZone.

Small to be different...

Fortunately, the engine's got a fairly deep note to it. Not too ricy.

Last edited:
For all you Trekies out there:
4190_front.jpg

We were hoping (I was hoping) to get 6 weeks of movie nights out of this but cracked out on it yesterday and got through the first 3 of 6. The first one was painfully slow, but the next two were decent. It had been years since I had watched them. After seeing the new Star Trek just a few days prior, seemed only logical to get this.

Includes the following:
Paramount Home Entertainment has announced that they will bring all six Star Trek films as part of a 'Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection' to Blu-ray on May 12th. This seven-disc set will feature all the films - 'The Motion Picture', 'The Wrath of Khan', 'The Search for Spock', 'The Voyage Home', 'The Final Frontier', and 'The Undiscovered Country' - in 1080p video accompanied by Dolby TrueHD 7.1 soundtracks.

Extras for these releases include:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Audio commentary by Michael & Denise Okuda, Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens and Daren Dochterman
The Longest Trek: Writing the Motion Picture
Special Star Trek Reunion
Starfleet Academy: The Mystery Behind V'ger
Deleted scenes
Storyboards
Trailers
TV spots
BD-Java Library Computer access
Star Trek I.Q. BD-Live feature.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Audio commentary with director Nicholas Meyer
Audio commentary by Meyer and Manny Coto
James Horner: Composing Genesis
A Tribute to Ricardo Montalban
Collecting Star Trek's Movie Relics
Starfleet Academy: The Mystery Behind Ceti Alpha VI
Captain's Log
Designing Khan
Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Visual Effects of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
The Star Trek Universe: A Novel Approach
Original interviews with DeForest Kelley, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and Ricardo Montalban
Storyboards
Theatrical trailer
Star Trek I.Q. BD-Live feature

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
Audio commentary by director Leonard Nimoy, writer/producer Harve Bennett, director of photography Charles Correll and Robin Curtis
Audio commentary by Ronald D. Moore and Michael Taylor
Industrial Light & Magic: The Visual Effects of Star Trek
Spock: The Early Years
Star Trek and the Science Fiction Museum Hall of Fame
Captain's Log
Space Docks and Birds of Prey
Speaking Klingon
Klingon and Vulcan Costumes
Terraforming and the Prime Directive
Starfleet Academy: The Mystery Behind the Vulcan Katra Transfer
Storyboards
Photo galleries
Theatrical trailer

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Audio commentary by William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy
Audio commentary by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman
Pavel Chekov's Screen Moments
The Three-Picture Saga
Star Trek for a Cause
Starfleet Academy: The Whale Probe
Time Travel: The Art of the Possible
The Language of Whales
A Vulcan Primer
Kirk's Women
Future's Past: A Look Back
On Location
Dailies Deconstruction
Below-the-Line: Sound Design
From Outer Space to the Ocean
The Bird of Prey
Roddenberry Scrapbook
Featured Artist: Mark Lenard
Original interviews with Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner and DeForest Kelley
Production gallery
Storyboards
Theatrical trailer

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Audio commentary by William Shatner and Liz Shatner
Audio commentary by Michael & Denise Okuda and Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens and Daren Dochterman
Star Trek Honors NASA
Hollywood Walk of Fame: James Doohan
Starfleet Academy: Nimbus III
Herman Zimmerman: A Tribute
Original Interview: William Shatner
Cosmic Thoughts
That Klingon Couple
A Green Future?
Harve Bennett's Pitch to the Sales Team
The Journey: A Behind-the-Scenes Documentary
Makeup Tests
Pre-Visualization Models
Rock Man in the Raw
Star Trek V Press Conference
Deleted scenes
Production gallery
Storyboards
Theatrical trailers
TV spots
BD-Java Library Computer

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Audio commentary by director Nicholas Meyer and screenwriter Denny Martin Flinn
Audio commentary by Larry Nemecek and Ira Steven Behr
Tom Morga: Alien Stuntman
To Be or Not to Be: Klingons and Shakespeare
Starfleet Academy: Praxis
It Started with a Story
Prejudice
Director Nicholas Meyer
Shakespeare & General Chang
Bring it to Life
Farewell & Goodbye
Conversations with Nicholas Meyer
Klingons: Conjuring the Legend
Federation Operatives
Penny's Toy Box
Together Again
The Perils of Peacemaking
DeForest Kelley: A Tribute
Original Cast Interviews
Footage of the 1991 Convention Presentation by Nicholas Meyer
Production gallery
Storyboards Trailers

Star Trek: The Captains' Summit (Bonus Disc)
70-minute exclusive roundtable discussion, hosted by Whoopi Goldberg, in which William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes share candid moments and intimate details about life on the set​

How does it look? I have heard some iffy things about the transfer on all but Wrath of Khan being just upgraded from the DVD transfer with a lot of obvious DNR.

Is it obvious, or are these the same people that count pixels? High-Def Digest has only reviewed TMP and Wrath of Khan and they seem happy with TMP, which I think may make me go ahead and make the leap, but I thought I would see what you think first.

I didn't have any issues with it. I don't think there will be noticable picture improvements from the DVD to the BD, but the audio sounds nice and crisp at 7.1 TrueHD. I will say it looks pretty good for the age of the production. Colors were crisp and clear, but I doubt I will pull out TMP to show off the clarity of my Plasma and BD technology.

As I am no longer buying DVD's (my main complaint is the audio compression), I really had no other choice. :)

There were a couple flaws in the visual effects that were more noticable at the higher resolution, but that's not the transfers fault, but rather lack of technical visual effects for the production in my opinion.

My PS3 is full. Once the hard drive finishes backing up I shall begin the process of putting this in.

nonamei.jpg

2 years to fill 60GB, so this should last me a while.

My PS3 is full. Once the hard drive finishes backing up I shall begin the process of putting this in.

2 years to fill 60GB, so this should last me a while.

That's what I thought when I replaced the 60GB with a 160GB... six months later I replaced it with a 320GB HDD, and now that's already full.

I keep a lot of videos, music, and pics... not to mention a whole bunch of games. ;)

For all you Trekies out there:

Stellar purchase there my friend!

Speaking of Star Trek, I was going to post info about it and forgot, but while I was in Philadelphia with the family we visited the Franklin Science Museum to see the special Galileo exhibit "The Medici and the Age of Astronomy" and we noticed they were just finishing up the preparations for the grand opening of this massive Star Trek Exhibition, and they were kind enough to give us a quick sneak preview.... it was unbelievable! They had complete reproductions of the various bridges from the different ST series as well as a hollodeck, and a Star Trek simulator, among countless other things from the various films and series.

When I have more time I'll make a separate post about it in The Rumble Strip, but in the meantime, if anyone is in the Philly area, do yourself a favor and try and get tickets for either or both of these exhibits, you wont regret it. 👍

Two 4GB SanDisk Ultra II's for $25 at Costco, considering the cheapest I've found them until now has been $17 +shipping it was a pretty good deal.

541402.jpg

That's what I thought when I replaced the 60GB with a 160GB... six months later I replaced it with a 320GB HDD, and now that's already full.

I keep a lot of videos, music, and pics...
I keep a lot of non-game media too, but on my external 500GB drive, which I can then take with me.

To add to the Star Trek talk: The Original Series has season one out on Blu-Ray which includes both original (with mono soundtrack) and remastered versions. You can switch between the two seamlessly from within the pop-up menu. That is also on my list of Blu-Ray's to buy.

2398724353_d51fc259c0.jpg
x12

Exactly what I expected american beer would taste like = not much... But they were easy to drink though, so if you wanna get very drunk very quick they're just fine! 👍

Corona (mexican right?) tasted much better I think, but I still prefer swedish or danish beer.

Sweet lord, you are from Europe and you actually bought and consumed Grade A American crap? I wouldn't touch Budweiser even if it was the last beer on Earth.

so if you wanna get very drunk very quick they're just fine! 👍
Does not compute. I have drank American beer non-stop and rarely get beyond a buzz.

I wouldn't touch Budweiser even if it was the last beer on Earth.
No need for crazy talk. It might not be a good beer, but it is still beer and I do not turn down any free beer. I especially would not turn down the last beer on Earth, no matter what it is, because it will be your last one ever. You take that and you savor every last drop, even if it is a watered down variation of a Czech recipe.

EDIT: And now it seems I need to find and buy a properly tiny screwdriver for my PS3 hard drive switch. That blue screw is in tight and I fear I will strip it with my current screwdrivers.

EDIT 2: Or I just needed to stupidly use a pair of needle nose pliers to loosen the screw. Dumbest thing I could have done but I wasn't going to wait to get the set I keep in my desk at work. I had a small enough flathead, but it couldn't "break" it loose.

Anyway, all went well and I am now restoring my hard drive. 320GB, baby! Bring on those mandatory installs.

Last edited:
22_Count_Classic_Mix.gif

Sure it's more expensive per ounce than the big bags, but at least it'll last me for more than a day. :lol:

You need to tell me what the build mode is like, thats the only thing I ever do on the Sims and tbh, Sims 2 sucked at it, you couldn't even make round walls.

You need to tell me what the build mode is like, thats the only thing I ever do on the Sims and tbh, Sims 2 sucked at it, you couldn't even make round walls.

Yeah, seriously. I only had the sims 1 and the first expansion pack. All I ever did was design houses and landscapes, and type in ;`;`;`;`;`; into the command line.

Build mode is cool. CAS is a downfall. I can't seem to create a sim at whose facial structure is still similar to that of every other one I have made.

[Exactly what I expected american beer would taste like = not much... But they were easy to drink though, so if you wanna get very drunk very quick they're just fine! 👍

Corona (mexican right?) tasted much better I think, but I still prefer swedish or danish beer.

Crap!! Thats beer? I always thought it was flavored water. Dam.

Back