Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,628 comments
Had at least 6 or 7 of these today, during work (usually I have 2 or 3). €0.35 each from the machine (plastic cup, of course). Couldn't keep my eyes open without them.
espresso1c44f21vv8.jpg

Oh, almost forgot. *facepalm*

Purchased one of these too, should arrive Monday or Tuesday, same day as my G25.

90bigrh6.jpg

On these pics you can see how they fit oh so well together. :D:tup:

41u7BeZvDpL._AA280_.jpg

Canon Powershot SD1000 Silver. I absolutely love the supercompact, boxy design, but it was a real pain to find it, because apparently it’s been discontinued. After spending two days driving about 80 miles to various retail stores, it finally occurred to me to try Amazon (duh?), and indeed they had it in stock, with the lowest price I’d seen, and on top of that you don’t have to pay taxes. Should be receiving it within a week or two.

Nice! Ohhh... hydraulic? that sucks.

I kinda like Hydraulics a little better than disks sometimes, they're easier to modulate, and I like the way they feel. (I guess all these years riding with hydraulics will do that.) I only just got a all disk bike last year, and they're really powerful.

HighTest, your wheelsets have to have the right hub to accomodate it. I have a feeling it's not going to work unless you change out the wheelsets which will probably be another $150-200. (going off my stock wheelsets when I sold them)

I kinda like Hydraulics a little better than disks sometimes, they're easier to modulate, and I like the way they feel. (I guess all these years riding with hydraulics will do that.) I only just got a all disk bike last year, and they're really powerful.

My bike came with hydraulics and it was great... untill I had to bleed them. Now, I can understand a car, but a friggin bike!? uhh... no. I got directions off the net, I got a kit, I was told it was "easy", and I ended up spending $40 for a bike shop to do it. I ended up going on a ride without rear brakes and they had to do it again. The brake lever pull distance was never the same after that.

Sold the Hydraulics, got mechanical, and never looked back. Also, never had ANY maintenance issues. Recently, my friend that also has hydraulic couldn't fix the same problem and switched to mechanical. :lol:

BTW, if you're thinking Mechanicals has a weakness over Hydraulics well, I don't see a difference in modulation and it feels a lot more solid. I have a lot more confidence I'll actually stop.

lol, In that case I'll rub it in by saying I have a PS3, but none of the above. :P

Why don't you ask what's his name if you can borrow one of his 4 PS3s... xD?

K&N air filter for the Mini:

MiniKNfilter2.jpg

Should give a few more horses, hopefully... or at least some ponies.

You didn't get the cleaning cleaning fluid with it?

EDIT: Oh, I see it's pre-oiled. When I bought a K&N filter for my old Punto about 10 years ago, I had to buy the oil as well.

You dont in this country, thats why we're called rip-off-britain.

You can buy it separately though, from all good motor part stores.

But who needs it, an airline will suffice.

:irked:👍

New desktop I got 4 weeks ago. It arrived the day before I left for Germany/Romania/Iraq/Canada. The whole time I was gone I was getting all anxious and freaking out wanting to come home and play with it. Dell 530/968, 22" monitor, yada yada. Bought it for my wife so she could use it for school, but I kind of took it over and just gave her my laptop.:lol:

Please ignore the cluster of wires behind the monitor. I've only had it setup for like 4-5 days. Still figuring it out. Fun stuff though. Been ages since I had a desktop.

DSC_0251.jpg

They're so much bigger when they're in a bedroom.

So true! My 22" LCD looked so small in Best Buy I was kind of worried but once I got it into my room it wasn't so much that it was big it seemed to fit perfectly.

HighTest, your wheelsets have to have the right hub to accomodate it. I have a feeling it's not going to work unless you change out the wheelsets which will probably be another $150-200. (going off my stock wheelsets when I sold them)

My bike came with hydraulics and it was great... untill I had to bleed them. Now, I can understand a car, but a friggin bike!? uhh... no. I got directions off the net, I got a kit, I was told it was "easy", and I ended up spending $40 for a bike shop to do it. I ended up going on a ride without rear brakes and they had to do it again. The brake lever pull distance was never the same after that.

Sold the Hydraulics, got mechanical, and never looked back. Also, never had ANY maintenance issues. Recently, my friend that also has hydraulic couldn't fix the same problem and switched to mechanical. :lol:

BTW, if you're thinking Mechanicals has a weakness over Hydraulics well, I don't see a difference in modulation and it feels a lot more solid. I have a lot more confidence I'll actually stop.

No wonder why that bikes brakes were shot. :dopey: I think we bled them once. Then we sold the bike, it was kinda small. So now we have 2 bikes with cables, and 1 with disks. In fact... I'm off to ride my old Royce Union. :sly:

This is further evidence to what makes me scratch my head why people say Hydraulics are good? I don't think I've ever heard good things about Hydraulics. I mean, I can't even blame user error and even if I wanted to it wouldn't be a good thing for the companies that make Hydraulic brakes. xD

I had a little fun at target the other day.

Here are some live action shots of the new toolbox I mentioned a bit a ago.

Uno - Looks like you already had a sweet spot reserved for it. 👍
Like I said before, you're now a complete man.

I wish I had a garage to at least check my car and do some stuff on it, have my tools sorted, it really sucks living in an apartment...

Uno - Looks like you already had a sweet spot reserved for it. 👍
Like I said before, you're now a complete man.

That didn't happen by chance. My father in-law built the garage from the ground up and had that spot made with a toolbox like that in mind. We bought the house from their estate after their passing but the box that was there was rightfully given to his son. That hole had been empty for two years until I finally made the purchase.

You'll be seeing more of my garage soon as I will be starting a "pimp my garage" thread as I finally make it more my style. It's a big project that might take me a year or so to do. Hopefully it would be entertaining for you guys to follow the progress.

Everyone gather around, this arrived today at my house.
Contemplate and drool.

(Yeah, I'm aware that most of you have one like it, but this is my first wheel so bear (bare?) with me).
Yes, I'm excited. Get over it.

This is when I opened the outer protection box:
g251nm1.jpg

This is when I opened the inner box...
g252wa9.jpg

*ooh, I see a metal pedal. and a leathered steering wheel *

And this is when I took the thing out of the inner box and placed it on the couch for a family portrait:
g253kw6.jpg

:D:tup:

The pedal box is really heavy, much more than I imagined.
Sorry for not posting the photos of me going downstairs and then shots of me signing the papers from the guy that was driving the truck. Maybe next time. :)

Everyone gather around, this arrived today at my house.
Contemplate and drool.

You crack me up Beerz!
hammerfn7.gif

I've not seen someone buy so many things they can't use.

You must like self-inflicted pain.:scared:

Back