Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,682 comments
:lol: I thought about picking the other ones up as well, but then I came across the Sideshow collectables range on 1/6 scale, and today I ended up ordering this. You could probably get the entire range of Revoltech for the price of one of these, but damn it's detailed.

image snip...

I've seen the Sideshow stuff before and they look truly stunning. I'm sure that if i tried to justify this to the lady indoors she would kick my head in :D

My Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce will be here in a few days :)

Gigabyte-Geforce-GTX-670.jpg

We finally upgraded from our 52" DLP which blew for the 4th-5th time. Had been using a 27" CRT.
02.TC-P65GT30_2_hjpg-1024x682.jpg

panasonic.jpg

We got Avatar free with the blue ray player and it was incredible.

Mr. S
Well, maybe. Never played BF3 before, tho. I'll play the hell out of pCARS, that's for sure. :)

Ahhh ok. Well with that build you could play anything you like.

Gabkicks

Very nice purchase. That's he graphics card I'll be going with in a long long year away... Ugh. If only I didn't care about having massive debt and student loans after this year. How did you find one? Out of stock everywhere here already.

Very nice purchase. That's he graphics card I'll be going with in a long long year away... Ugh. If only I didn't care about having massive debt and student loans after this year. How did you find one? Out of stock everywhere here already.

Still better than the situation regarding GTX680 cards. Enabled both chipsets, so that you can compare the availability. :P

Link.

Ahhh ok. Well with that build you could play anything you like.

they are in stock in a few places like amazon sporadically, newegg, ncix, tiger direct, etc.
I bought mines from Here.

I bought mines from I was either gonna get the gigabyte or the Asus Direct CU II. those are in stock now.

khiro-pivot-bushings-pack.jpg

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaah! Can finally go skating again! :D

These are replacements since I melted my original bushings in the oven.

From Steam:
256px-Metro2033_wiki.jpg

for $4.99. I had totally forgot about this game.

Gigabyte-Geforce-GTX-670.jpg

Nice! 👍 We'll have to see how it stacks up against my 590's. :D I bet yours blows! (Sorry, had to...., I know, bad joke, but look at the fans on that sucker! YIKES!!)

Last edited:
ACCarrowstarg07.jpg

5 Easton Superlite A/C/C's!

Well, since some thieving scrote stole 3 of these today, i've had to buy more.

It's worrying when you can't even trust members of a small, local archery club not to take your stuff. Hopefully one of the missing arrows catastrophically fails and embeds shards of razor-sharp carbon into their cheek and hand. 🤬

Ordered a lot of 100 laptop screws for $4.35. It's useless to buy the screws in smaller sets so it's best to order a larger set for cheaper.

A sentence like that almost always requires an explanation. :lol:

And I was baiting a response like that. This is what happened. Once upon a time, AOS decided he wanted to try out new bushings. The problem was that the current kingpin was too short for the longboard bushings I ordered. A kingpin is a bolt that protrudes out from the baseplate that secures the bushings to the hanger. This is essentially like the strut rods on a car, I think.

Anyway, I was about to remove them by hammering them out like someone said, and I couldn't do it. Someone else - no, a few people have said they come off more easily if I baked it in the oven at 500 degrees fahrenheit for some time. So I did just that. However, I forgot to take out the bushing cups, which are made of rubber, before putting it in the oven. The rest you can probably make out. I've learned my lesson, but luckily I probably won't need to be replacing the new kingpin any time soon.

I'm just gonna guess that he tried baking them like you would do with hockey skates.
[/Canadian stereotype]

I don't even know what you're talking about. :P

AOS-
Yeeeeeeeeeaaaah! Can finally go skating again! :D

These are replacements since I melted my original bushings in the oven.

Why you put your bushings in the oven? I've never heard of doing something like that.

Just got myself one of these cases for my phone.

A31.jpg

Absolutely solid, which is good as I can be a little clumsy.

Why you put your bushings in the oven? I've never heard of doing something like that.
It would be to make the metal expand slightly and become easier to take out, I assume.

I was trying to take out the kingpin which was hammered really stuck into its slot. So yes, heating it up makes it easier to remove for that reason and because it's generating micro-vibrations on its own making it have a looser grip.

AOS-
I was trying to take out the kingpin which was hammered really stuck into its slot. So yes, heating it up makes it easier to remove for that reason and because it's generating micro-vibrations on its own making it have a looser grip.

Oh i just used a tiny flathead screwdriver to get mine out.

I just ordered Mass Effect 3 (PC) for $39.99. That's a really good price here considering at a shop you'll expect to pay $69-89 depending on which shop you go to. (Actually even different EB Games stores sell it at different prices). It'll be dispatched on Monday (I hope) and it should be here around Thursday at the earliest.
It's my first time using this company but I've heard good things so hopefully I'll be playing ME3 in about a weeks time.

Latest Posts

Back