Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,681 comments
Just bought a brand new hp laptop today for a discount price of $1079, plus with a added extra 4gb ram for $59.99. Grand total of $1138.99!! :drool: :) 👍

renderImage.image

Here's the specs:

- Hp Pavilion dv6-7035TX 2012 model
- 2nd generation Intel® Core i5-2450M Processor (2.5 GHz)
- 500GB Hard Drive
- 4gb + 4gb = 8gb DDR3 SDRAM
- DVD Optical Drive
- Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- 15.6" Diagonal HD BrightView LED Display
- Nvidia® Geforce® Graphics
- WLAN & Bluetooth®

Loving it! It has quad speakers, plus a sub-woofer underneath it just to give more bass. :drool: :D

Awesome! Your laptop has exactly the same spec as mine. Could've bought that one the other day if not because of it's flying price :lol:

The extra price could be the Beats audio addition but yeah, decided to have the Lenovo instead.

Awesome! Your laptop has exactly the same spec as mine. Could've bought that one the other day if not because of it's flying price :lol:

The extra price could be the Beats audio addition but yeah, decided to have the Lenovo instead.

Sweet!! Yes it has Beats Audio.:)

Where did you get it from? I need one.

I got it from a department store in Tokyo. :sly: They are absolutely solid though, and reasonably priced. Look up "Ballistic" cases online.

That's not a case. That's a bomb shelter :lol:

That's the idea. I feel like I could throw it off my balcony and the phone would be fine. Not going to put it to the test though.

Edit: I picked up the Alien Anthology for $40USD at Fry's. They also had the LOTR 15 disk box set for $44, but Mrs. HD said "Choose one". With Prometheus coming out.....had to get this.
41SSv58iflL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51rKEGEKjoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
Loving it! It has quad speakers, plus a sub-woofer underneath it just to give more bass. :drool: :D

Mine has the Beats Audio Quad speakers and I honestly can't tell much of a difference difference between them and the speakers on my old DV6. That and the Beats Audio HPs don't have a sub, they have a discrete low-power amplifier.

Plug a decent set of headphones in though and the amp actually makes a lot of sense. My Audio-Technica CKM55s don't sound their best on an iPod or my phone but they really come alive when plugged into my laptop. Loads more bass and an overall crisper and more defined mid-range. None of the laptops I've had previously had done my headphones any justice like this one has.

Mine has the Beats Audio Quad speakers and I honestly can't tell much of a difference difference between them and the speakers on my old DV6. That and the Beats Audio HPs don't have a sub, they have a discrete low-power amplifier.

Plug a decent set of headphones in though and the amp actually makes a lot of sense. My Audio-Technica CKM55s don't sound their best on an iPod or my phone but they really come alive when plugged into my laptop. Loads more bass and an overall crisper and more defined mid-range. None of the laptops I've had previously had done my headphones any justice like this one has.

Some people say that they don't really care about the beats audio, as long as they jack in their headphones inside the headphone slot just to listen to high quality music/video. When I opened the Beats Audio panel and tinkered the bass, treble, centre, space etc, plus increase the volume to maximum, I was blown away really. I actually in love with the beats audio option that hp implemented within their latest models and I could say that this laptop is the best hp laptop out there so far.

Oh by the way, what's your model? Is it this years model or last years?

Do you think that maybe. just maybe, they've just a slightly better amplifier section in than their other laptops to make people think it's the Beats Audio? That and on HTC phones with Beats Audio all it does it boost low end frequencies and slightly raise the treble as well. I have a feeling that'd be the case with the laptops as well.

Some people say that they don't really care about the beats audio, as long as they jack in their headphones inside the headphone slot just to listen to high quality music/video. When I opened the Beats Audio panel and tinkered the bass, treble, centre, space etc, plus increase the volume to maximum, I was blown away really. I actually in love with the beats audio option that hp implemented within their latest models and I could say that this laptop is the best hp laptop out there so far.

Oh by the way, what's your model? Is it this years model or last years?

I'm not disappointed at all with the Beats Audio options, and I see your point, but to my ears the Quad speakers don't seem that much different in sound quality or - rather interestingly - volume than similarly priced laptops' speakers. I also don't really see the point of the option to turn it off. Sure, you can certainly tell the difference but why on earth would you turn it off in the first place?

Mine is a late-2011 dv6-6b07tx with the following specs:

Intel i7-2760QM
8GB RAM
ATi/AMD HD6770M
1TB HDD
Blu-Ray/DVD combo drive
Full High Definition 15.6" LED LCD display

Do you think that maybe. just maybe, they've just a slightly better amplifier section in than their other laptops to make people think it's the Beats Audio? That and on HTC phones with Beats Audio all it does it boost low end frequencies and slightly raise the treble as well. I have a feeling that'd be the case with the laptops as well.

I think that's probably what they did. When you buy something 'Beats', you're buying overmarketed, overpriced products. That's just how it is. Some people don't have a problem with that, and that's fine. Some people don't realize they're buying something that's not as performant as an alternative for a third of the price (in the case of the headphones by Dr. Dre). That's not so good.

I'm not disappointed at all with the Beats Audio options, and I see your point, but to my ears the Quad speakers don't seem that much different in sound quality or - rather interestingly - volume than similarly priced laptops' speakers. I also don't really see the point of the option to turn it off. Sure, you can certainly tell the difference but why on earth would you turn it off in the first place?

Mine is a late-2011 dv6-6b07tx with the following specs:

Intel i7-2760QM
8GB RAM
ATi/AMD HD6770M
1TB HDD
Blu-Ray/DVD combo drive
Full High Definition 15.6" LED LCD display

I see that your so used to hearing your beats audio-quad speakers. I respect your opinion mate. This is my very first experience into hearing this kind of stuff that the company, Beats Electronics, provided for hp and it is a nice move for them just to give attention towards its audience, hence marketing gimmick. ;)

So you have last years model. No offence mate but i'd prefer this years model because it seems to be a refined version of last years model in terms of design-aesthetics, components etc.

I see that your so used to hearing your beats audio-quad speakers. I respect your opinion mate. This is my very first experience into hearing this kind of stuff that the company, Beats Electronics, provided for hp and it is a nice move for them just to give attention towards its audience, hence marketing gimmick. ;)

The key phrase there would be "marketing gimmick." Also I had high hopes for the Quad speakers when I first picked up the 6b07tx but the simple fact of the matter is that they didn't live up to them.

So you have last years model. No offence mate but i'd prefer this years model because it seems to be a refined version of last years model in terms of design-aesthetics, components etc.

Unfortunately when I bought my 6b07tx "this year's model" WAS the 6b07tx. Of course there's going to be revisions and improvements of this in 6 months, that's the way technology works. I'm still very happy with my purchase and the Beats Audio amp/EQ options, and "no offence" but I'd take the slightly older lappy with the beefier specs list over the new lappy with the revised aesthetics any time.

Last edited:
The key phrase there would be "marketing gimmick." Also I had high hopes for the Quad speakers when I first picked up the 6b07tx but the simple fact of the matter is that they didn't live up to them.

Unfortunately when I bought my 6b07tx "this year's model" WAS the 6b07tx. Of course there's going to be revisions and improvements of this in 6 months, that's the way technology works. I'm still very happy with my purchase and the Beats Audio amp/EQ options, and "no offence" but I'd take the slightly older lappy with the beefier specs list over the new lappy with the revised aesthetics any time.

Alright. ;)

Must be a pretty big garden, and at least you don't have to do any of the gardening.

It's actually not that much. There are two large flowerbeds, 30 square meters each. A 10 cm layer of soil equals 6000 liters.

iPad-3.jpg

Not my purchase but a very early birthday present from my girlfriend :) Only had it a few hours but I absolutely love it so far. :)

I bought (in grey though):

good-value-of-smart-cover-for-the-new-ipad-3-grey-p13330642130.jpg

and another case that snaps on the back but don't need a picture of that.

Loading up with apps and such right now and getting all my itunes stuff setup properly. I was sceptical of how good the new screen is and I have to say if anybody is on the fence because of it it absolutely looks amazing. Anyway couldn't be happier with it and I'm off to waste my night away :lol:

Good buy GT-R!

The only slack thing I can find is the 6-Cell battery. Mobility might be a little bit of an issue I think?

Back