Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,681 comments
Nice what make is it?? looks a little short on your legs though.

The make of the racing suit is KW (Kartwear). And it's not short, it's because at the end of the sleeves and on the end of the legs it has this elastic thing that makes it hold tight. And because it's black, and I was also wearing black socks, it makes it look a bit short. In addition to that, it's a proper race suit.... Level 2 FIA Approved + Fire Retardant 👍 .

51AZgIm-sZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and a weekend ticket for the Blancpain Endurance Series at Silverstone this weekend. 👍

Quick story:

I accidentally tugged the cord on my XB500s a couple nights ago, and the right side stopped working. So I could either try to fix it myself and risk voiding the warranty, or just go replace them. So I went to Best Buy, they didn't have them, so I payed the difference for a set of ZX700s. Then I got home and found out the wire was cut and missing. Went back up this morning and just payed the difference for some HDJ-1500s:
pipi.jpg

Stuff

So I payed $70 for the ZX-700s that are normally $150, then I payed another $30 to upgrade to these at $180. And I bought the protection plane at $20.

So basically, after a couple trips to Best Buy I spent $120 for HDJ-1500s with a protection plan.

So far they're fantastic.

Last edited:
A bottle of this:
ProductImage.aspx

a bottle of this:
angostura-1919.jpg

...and possibly the best miniture I've ever seen:

:D

Last edited:
This:
medium_wf1601.png

Replacement for the old fan which broke down. Pretty friggin powerful, yet almost silent. It does sound like an aircraft up close though :D

In fact, I have to keep it at the lowest setting during the rainy season, otherwise I get frozen :ouch:

319989.jpg

Ralph Lauren RLX Carlyon - bought them to help with pedal slip for GT academy....

Not bad 59.99 free shipping on ebay.

Retail price said 200 but we all know companies like RL upcharge way to much, so i think it was a good deal

This:
medium_wf1601.png

Replacement for the old fan which broke down. Pretty friggin powerful, yet almost silent. It does sound like an aircraft up close though :D

In fact, I have to keep it at the lowest setting during the rainy season, otherwise I get frozen :ouch:

All that extra power will be usefull on a hot summer's day though. I want one.

A few years ago, I sold my Cannondale Jekyl 2 full suspension Mtn Bike to my oldest. Now everyone in the household has a bike except me. My buddies have been bugging me so...I got a little carried away with a Mtn Bike purchase:

4fcafadd6f2f1

It's a 19" frame, Specialized 29er Carve Expert

Specs can be viewed here:
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/carve/carveexpert29#specs

Also got a pair of Shimano clicker pedals:
KbWHGtXpZqbp0cAzI-A7T1AJIou43r8AX5lmo5oQM3W2I8H54-2ARUULYdspFViheHuSmUae0QowJxqj-J9ADgljkqZSOYxFM31FYui-68Ai6mmVCFyh2pLq0fIPHapz2YXg4PLzkS9Nd2BRO8T86VbTgu7QQ6a7PbUeKCpS0sc

A pair of shoes to go with them...
4fcafd484dccd

Thule Apex 4 Bike hitch rack:
9025_main_sized_618x408.jpg

Along with that, I also picked up a nice little multi-purpose tool, some dry grease, and extra tube, and a nice little pump that bolted on the bike.

All in all I feel pretty good about the purchase. I was able to stay away from the carbon frames. I was really eyeing a couple carbon bikes, but glad I went the route I did.

Last edited:
Nice ride, Pako. 👍

I'm rather surprised that I still really like my 13 year old GT Outpost my wife bought me. Every once in a while I,ll go to the bike shop and look around but so far that's all it is - looking. :)

Thanks TB. Well, unless I get into some really gnarly stuff, this one should last a very long time to. (hopefully) :)

@W3HS, I'll let you know. My thought was to be able to ride casual with out my riding shoes. Truth of the matter, I think I will always use my shoes and will be clipped in. We'll see..... :)

My old Oakley glasses have started to get a bit battered (not to mention little Stiggy loves to nom on them) so I ordered in a pair of Nike 8062 glasses in red; hopefully they should be in tomorrow morning:

get_image.php

Got a bike rack. Though I'm not big on roof racks, I couldn't get the bike in the back of the car even after removing the seats. It looks pretty good I think and it's extremely easy to remove.

7331149146_c5c6985441_c.jpg

Got a bike rack. Though I'm not big on roof racks, I couldn't get the bike in the back of the car even after removing the seats. It looks pretty good I think and it's extremely easy to remove.

Looks good man! 👍

I'd like to know how those work out for you. I bought a pair similar but not Shimano. I find I only really use them for long rides.

Ok, I have put about 30 miles on these since yesterday. I love these pedals. In the future as I get more comfortable I may move to a dedicated egg beater style pedal, but for now, these are great!

Is that actually your car or are you showing it to display what the roof racks look like? The only reason I'm asking is because the car has Victorian licence plates and your location says that you're in the states.

After 9 faithful years, my Oakley Square Wire 2.0's have been replaced by these:

NkoS1.jpg

Oakley Flak Jacket Polarized XLJ's.

That's a mouthful. :lol:

My old Oakley glasses have started to get a bit battered (not to mention little Stiggy loves to nom on them) so I ordered in a pair of Nike 8062 glasses in red; hopefully they should be in tomorrow morning:

get_image.php

I've seen these type of Nike frames in a prescription store and all of them were very sloppy in the hinges. Like if you were to bend the arms up and down or twist from side to side. Personally I don't like that at all. I'm looking at getting some Royal titanium glasses which are very solid. My Tommy Hilfiger glasses are starting to get some age from being on my face after 3 years and I'm in need of new lenses too.

TB
After 9 faithful years, my Oakley Square Wire 2.0's have been replaced by these:

NkoS1.jpg

Oakley Flak Jacket Polarized XLJ's.

That's a mouthful. :lol:

Those are sweet! I will be looking for something similar.... I need to keep all the bugs out of my eyes. Next is a mouth and nose guard. :D

Those are sweet! I will be looking for something similar.... I need to keep all the bugs out of my eyes. Next is a mouth and nose guard. :D
Walking around campus documenting everything over the next couple of weeks, I'm sure to put them through their paces but so far I love them. The frames are tight to my forehead, the XLJ lenses are much closer to my cheeks than both the non-XLJ's and my Square Wires and, most importantly, my eyelashes don't rub the lenses when I blink. :dopey: One of the guys I used to work with had Straight Jacket XLJ's and every time I blinked it drove me bonkers! :lol:

Now I just hope they hold up as well as my Square Wires.

Incidentally, I also just gave my 8 year old son my ~15 year old M Frames.

I never understood the big deal with the huge, thick-templed shades. They take away your peripheral vision!

My Maui Jim Big Islands are still going for me. I even left them at a restaurant last month, then went back the next day and got them. I was so nervous. I had to go through a flowchart with the hostess though. She had tons of sunglasses behind her booth. :lol: Surprisingly, there were a few other Jims too. Not sure if I'll ever give up my sunglasses...

I never understood the big deal with the huge, thick-templed shades. They take away your peripheral vision!
The way the Oakley's curve around your head, the stems don't block my vision in the least. If I didn't like them, this certainly wouldn't be my third pair! :)
Not sure if I'll ever give up my sunglasses...
Between the full-on sun light in the summer and the reflected light off of the snow in the winter, I can hardly operate without sunglasses. :lol:

Haha, i did go the other way, From Nike to Oakley.

Anyway, recieved this today in the mail:
Max-Payne-3-Special-Edition-Big.jpg

For Pc!

Just bought GTA3 for iPhone. £2.99 well spent. Now if only they could release VC and San Andreas, I'd be happy.

Edit: had worried that the controls wouldn't work well, but they work perfectly.

Just picked this baby up this morning - a Pioneer A-77X integrated amplifier. I'm quite happy that I was finally able to get a nice amp after ages of crawling the local Kijiji ads.

I'm currently listening blissfully to my stereo's newest addition! :D

Back