Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,680 comments
Here's where i'd post my 35mm f/1.4

IF I HAD ONE.
(props to anyone who remembers the reference)

Turns out Best Buy has straight up lost it and has no idea why it's not here.

Seagate GoFlex Desk 1TB USB 3.0 hard drive:

BimgSeagate-FreeAgent-GoFlex-Desk.jpg

And Swift and Shift Couriers Season 2:

swift-and-shift-season-2-boxart.png

I hope you had some Best Buy gift cards or got an amazing deal. Why anyone would buy camera gear from Best Buy is beyond me, especially someone in New York. Should have just got it from B&H and been done with it.

And your image was of the 1.8...so is it the 1.4 or the 1.8?

Gtuned
Here's where i'd post my 35mm f/1.4

IF I HAD ONE.
(props to anyone who remembers the reference)

Turns out Best Buy has straight up lost it and has no idea why it's not here.

Thats why you dont buy from best buy. they also overprice their items. I bought a gpu for $100 from them and my friend bought the same one off newegg for $70 with free shipping. I learned my lesson.

I bought a plane ticket to Perth and another departing in Sydney with about 2 weeks in between each flight. That gives me 2 weeks to make my way across the whole country and I'm not even sure how I'm going to do that yet. Should be quite the adventure.

KillYouSD
Thats why you dont buy from best buy. they also overprice their items. I bought a gpu for $100 from them and my friend bought the same one off newegg for $70 with free shipping. I learned my lesson.

There is always price matching. Could have had it instantly without waiting around for it and for the same price.

2012-06-20_18-23-40_245.jpg

Just got this for $260.

I now have no money. I've reached my pre-bootcamp goal.

And the lighting wasn't much to work with in the camper.

I bought a plane ticket to Perth and another departing in Sydney with about 2 weeks in between each flight. That gives me 2 weeks to make my way across the whole country and I'm not even sure how I'm going to do that yet. Should be quite the adventure.

Hire a Kombi & drive it.

That chair is much cooler with a big sword in it than it is without.

:lol:

In any case, it doesn't look like one of those ones that will fall apart after you remove it from the sheath.

Hire a Kombi & drive it.
That could be interesting. lol

Though, I am planning on driving the Great Ocean Road along the way to Melbourne and I'd like to hire a car that is decent fun to drive. Sadly I am not old enough to get anything better than a Lancer.

That could be interesting. lol

Though, I am planning on driving the Great Ocean Road along the way to Melbourne and I'd like to hire a car that is decent fun to drive. Sadly I am not old enough to get anything better than a Lancer.

The Great Ocean rd is a fantastic stretch. I drove it earlier this year actually. Still had fun driving it even with a fully loaded x-trail. :lol:

I drove it last December, but only the end half nearest Geelong. I'm dying to drive the whole road this time. I did it in a Lancer Sportback, which was surprisingly fun... I feel like that road would be fun no matter the car. :)

Going again Sean? The creepy crawlers didn't scare you off?
I'm going back in December. Unfortunately I can't get the time off until then. :indiff:

But no I wasn't scared off. I should have never left in the first place.

SPhilli911
But no I wasn't scared off. I should have never left in the first place.

I know that feeling. Not about Australia, but certainly about other countries. If that's what you really want, then you should go for it. I actually read that immigration to Australia has recently been made a lot easier for American citizens. If that's what you want, and you can make it work, go for it. You only live once, so if you can, do what you want, where you want.

OK, it's man cave time! I'm moving house at the end of July so I need to boost the man cave/games room set up. Out goes the 46" Sony Bravia LED and in comes...

UE55ES8000UXXU-2-l_pr10728_3.jpg

...55” Samsung ES8000 Series 8 Smart TV. :D

And also, out goes my old Sony Receiver (my son gets that) and Kef speakers (which had to stay as they're built into the ceiling) and in comes...

94%7C000022383%7C73b3_HT-E6750W-R45A.jpg

...Samsung HT-E6750W 7 Speaker Valve Amp and wireless speakers. Hell yeah!

Managed to get the lot for less than £3k with some careful shopping. Won't be able to set it all up until the move though.

Back