Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,680 comments
:drool: :bowdown: at your choice of TV axletramp. I have wanted a decent 3D Sammy for ages, but no matter how hard I save, something crops up which needs the money more.

Cheers. I actually only went in to look at new Blurays and amps and it was just teasing me from across the room. They had it set up with the amp/speakers you see there, a racing seat, Ferrari wheel and Forza! It was too much to resist (obviously not Forza, that was easy to resist ;)). Managed to negotiate £400 off the TV if I took the amp set up as well. 👍

AT, have to ask mate.
I thought you had B&W speakers so why the Samsung speakers?
Not being a smart arse, just curious that's all.

Cheer Shaun.

B&W? The guy who owns the place I'm living in atm had a B&W set up, but I've only ever personally had the Kef one's (in the ceiling) and Sony ones before that. I am still using his Panasonic sub which is built in to the wall. There's no point in taking the Kef ceiling units as a) I got them cheap and b) I'm moving into a Georgian listed building and they wouldn't be too happy about me cutting holes and rewiring. Hence a stand alone set up like the one I've just bought.

Ah ok, no probs mate. I thought I read you had a B&W setup somewhere.
My bad.

Melbourne Bitter 1 - Shaun 0. :dopey:

Cheers Shaun.

No problem, wish I did though. For a minute I was going to rush home and see if I had some! :dopey: Chances are we're going to be living in this new place until my son's case is settled, so that's probably 4 years. After that we're buying so that'll mean something more permanent. Probably have them installed in the walls/ceiling as this set up I'm leaving has been really good.

Axle, you'll be loving the size of the screen for years to come! Just be warned, after a while, you'll be complaining that the 55 inch will look normal and small!

:lol: My wife an I were joking about that when I bought the 46" Sony a couple of years back. The room it's going in is much large than the current one, so I think you might be right!

My dad had 2 42 inch plasmas.

He complained that the second 42 inch was smaller than the first 42 inch (second 42 has black bezel, the 1st had silver). I pointed out it was the same measurements, just that the bezel was a different colour which made it look smaller.

So he then debated about getting top of the range television and a larger size. He eventually settled on a 55 Panny (VT30 series). I was pushing him for the 65 inch, as the room is pretty large and a 55 wouldn't quite have the same impact as a 65... plus, the parents are getting on in their years and a 65 screen would possibly make it easier to see the action. But then, once we found the price, that plan very quickly went into the bin!

55 it is. And I have to say, that telly is really good quality.

And true to form, a month later, he confessed that sometimes he thinks the telly isn't big enough as he has gotten used to the size of the screen!

So I wouldn't worry if you eventually get used to the size of the screen, just enjoy it for the quality you get from it and the smoooooooth motion!

I know that feeling. Not about Australia, but certainly about other countries. If that's what you really want, then you should go for it. I actually read that immigration to Australia has recently been made a lot easier for American citizens. If that's what you want, and you can make it work, go for it. You only live once, so if you can, do what you want, where you want.
I share the same view as you. You can do whatever you want in life so long as you focus on the things you want the most. Immigration will still be a challenge, and it is getting more difficult each year as new laws are passed and the demand for skilled immigrants decreases.

Though, I currently hold an Australian work visa, I still work in the US for an employer that operates all over the world including Australia. I've been seeking sponsorship for 3-4 months now to transfer. I am very, very close to my dream to live abroad.

Submerged
So I wouldn't worry if you eventually get used to the size of the screen
I went from a 32" LCD to a 50" plasma and while initially it looked huge, now I'd happily go with a 60. :lol:

Go as large as your budget will allow.

TB
I went from a 32" LCD to a 50" plasma and while initially it looked huge, now I'd happily go with a 60. :lol:

Awesome! Congrats!! I can honestly say that 60" is enough, but for me, 60hz is not. ;)

TB

Do you have a PS3 hooked up to that Plasma?

A buddy of mine has a 46" LCD or Led, Don't know, but every time when I look at his screen, it just looks bad. Just like having a PS2 hooked up to anything bigger then 26".

TB
PS3, Wii, Super Nintendo, DVD player, VCR and TiVo. I think I have most of my bases covered. :D

:P

But how does it look, with games? When I look at it, it seems stretched..
And that is one of the main reasons I haven't bought a big tv.

:P

But how does it look, with games? When I look at it, it seems stretched..
And that is one of the main reasons I haven't bought a big tv.

I've hooked up my PS3 to my dad's 52 HD before and it amazing quality considering I'm used to a projector which sacrifices sharpness for size.

TB
My plasma laughs at puny 60hz TV's. :P

Mine cry's at the mighty 240hz ultra thin 3D LED's. :ill:

Just got done stocking up on a few supplements.

(2x) MusclePharm Assault
Raspberry Lemonade, 32 Servings
Preworkout Matrix!

(1x) Universal Animal Pak
44 Packs
The True Original!

(2x) NOW L-Carnitine
500mg/180 Capsules
High Grade!

(2x) NOW Green Tea Extract
100 Capsules
Herbal Antioxidant!

(1x) Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion
Cookies & Cream, 5 Lbs.
Advanced Muscle-Building Protein!*

Bodybuilding.com Clothing Puzzle T-Shirt
White w/ Black Print , 2XL
100% Cotton!
1 x FREE

Mine cry's at the mighty 240hz ultra thin 3D LED's. :ill:

Just got done stocking up on a few supplements.

(2x) MusclePharm Assault
Raspberry Lemonade, 32 Servings
Preworkout Matrix!

(1x) Universal Animal Pak
44 Packs
The True Original!

(2x) NOW L-Carnitine
500mg/180 Capsules
High Grade!

(2x) NOW Green Tea Extract
100 Capsules
Herbal Antioxidant!

(1x) Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion
Cookies & Cream, 5 Lbs.
Advanced Muscle-Building Protein!*

Bodybuilding.com Clothing Puzzle T-Shirt
White w/ Black Print , 2XL
100% Cotton!
1 x FREE

I bet you doubled your purchases just to get the free stuff from bb.com :sly:.
Btw there are bb codes all over the net giving away free samples of stuff. I ordered like 100 dollars of protein/bcaas/no2... and i got about 30 dollars worth of free samples with the codes on top of the free shirts and ****.

I bet you doubled your purchases just to get the free stuff from bb.com :sly:.
Btw there are bb codes all over the net giving away free samples of stuff. I ordered like 100 dollars of protein/bcaas/no2... and i got about 30 dollars worth of free samples with the codes on top of the free shirts and ****.

:lol: I joke that I buy a $150 shirt but it comes with a bunch of free supplements. ;)

AT2041sp-xlarge.jpg

Minecraft Alpha Soundtrack.
Minecraft-%E2%80%93-Volume-Alpha-Soundtrack.jpg

£10 PSN card for GT5 DLC (track and car packs).
237070_ps3_b.png

Warhammer 40k Space Marine:
space-marine-box-3.png

SSX:
ssx_frontcover_large_mfqSaoX5aUjo72L.jpg

A rather good haul today :D.

I bought an art set with colouring pencils, drawing pencils, erasers, sketchpad and much more. I also bought some blending stump and a draft pencil. I will get a picture of it soon.

I've been looking into buying myself a 1 man hike tent recently, and I went to see some put up at a Cotswold Outdoor store. I only went to see if I would comfortably fit in the tents I had on my shortlist, but came away with one of those 3 when I was made an offer I couldn't refuse: a free groundsheet and 20% off - that's £450 of kit for £320. Yes, that's still a lot for a tent, but it's the best tent you can get. If it was a watch it would be a Rolex. I'm now the proud owner of a Hilleberg Akto.

GR_Mstr-Akto.jpg

Hilleberg_Akto_Snow.jpg

(^Not mine, obviously. I only bought it 4 hours ago.)

Now I've just got to find an excuse to use it.

If it were a watch it would be a Rolex? So that means it's 99% name and 1% performance? Because in general, a quartz watch that costs less than $1000 and even a $50 Timex will be more accurate per day than a $10,000 Rolex.

If it were a watch it would be a Rolex? So that means it's 99% name and 1% performance? Because in general, a quartz watch that costs less than $1000 and even a $50 Timex will be more accurate per day than a $10,000 Rolex.

I haven't the faintest idea, I know nothing about watches. It was just the first analogy that sprang to mind. For the pedantic, then: it's expensive for a tent but it's worth it.

My dad had 2 42 inch plasmas.

He complained that the second 42 inch was smaller than the first 42 inch (second 42 has black bezel, the 1st had silver). I pointed out it was the same measurements, just that the bezel was a different colour which made it look smaller.

So he then debated about getting top of the range television and a larger size. He eventually settled on a 55 Panny (VT30 series). I was pushing him for the 65 inch, as the room is pretty large and a 55 wouldn't quite have the same impact as a 65... plus, the parents are getting on in their years and a 65 screen would possibly make it easier to see the action. But then, once we found the price, that plan very quickly went into the bin!

55 it is. And I have to say, that telly is really good quality.

And true to form, a month later, he confessed that sometimes he thinks the telly isn't big enough as he has gotten used to the size of the screen!

So I wouldn't worry if you eventually get used to the size of the screen, just enjoy it for the quality you get from it and the smoooooooth motion!

What, no love for a 60 inch? When we got the 60 in the basement, my dad marveled at how huge it was. Now the size is just right. The 46 that was there before looks tiny compared to that.

Back