Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,680 comments
Update during the night

506d51b6.jpg

Roo
I've been looking into buying myself a 1 man hike tent recently, and I went to see some put up at a Cotswold Outdoor store. I only went to see if I would comfortably fit in the tents I had on my shortlist, but came away with one of those 3 when I was made an offer I couldn't refuse: a free groundsheet and 20% off - that's £450 of kit for £320. Yes, that's still a lot for a tent, but it's the best tent you can get. If it was a watch it would be a Rolex. I'm now the proud owner of a Hilleberg Akto.

*snip*

(^Not mine, obviously. I only bought it 4 hours ago.)

Now I've just got to find an excuse to use it.
Could have got a Coleman Rockface "2 man" for £40 :D

coleman-bedrock-2-man-person-camping-tent-1.jpg

Good-ish for 140 km/h winds :lol:

Bought an refurbished Linksys E2500 from a seller on cragislist who bought it from newegg and only used it for half a day. The seller even put DD-WRT on it for me. Awesome stuff indeed.:)

$25:
E2500.jpg

Bought it to replace my Asus wireless router where the wireless part is failing. Still under warranty so I plan on getting a replacement and reusing it as a bridge to make use of it as a switch in my room for when I'm working on computers.

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate.
razer-blackwidow-ultimate-gallery1.jpg

Razer Goliathus Control (the smallest size)
razer-goliathus-r-control-gallery1_1_1.jpg

Just ordered them today. Should go well with my deathadder. I'll post some pictures when I get them. That is if I remember to, of course.

Not my latest purchase but it's my latest win on a giveaway!

Fractal Design Define R3 USB3.0 Arctic White
FRACTAL-DEFINE-R3-ARCTIC-USB30_01.jpg

This has just made my day 10x better!

Bought my first vehicle last Friday. I got it from a friend of a friend. She had laid it down and it needs minor repair. The only problem was that i left friday on vacation and had my dad pick it up. Dont even get to sit on it until monday the 9th.

Edit: Its a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (636), and the bike behind it is my Dads 2009 Honda CBR600RR Phoenix Edition.
332b02be.jpg

Last edited:
Bought my first vehicle last Friday. I got it from a friend of a friend. She had laid it down and it needs minor repair. The only problem was that i left friday on vacation and had my dad pick it up. Dont even get to sit on it until monday the 9th.

*picture of pretty bikes*

So, why did the lady sell it after dropping it? She decided that she needed something different?

Well....I have decided to keep my Subaru after all. This is my daily driver so not going too crazy and starting out slowly on my upgrades. To start things out:

Cobb Down Pipe:
images

Magnaflow Catback Exhaust:
images

Need to save up a bit more to get the Cobb AP. Will run a Stage 2, 93 Octane map. Shortly after that, the COBB Tunning 724300 SF Intake & Air Box Kit 05-09 Subaru Legacy GT. That will conclude my power mods unless I need to upgrade my TMIC. Next will be brakes, suspension, wheels (I have began hating my wheels), guages, etc.

👍 Nice, Cobb's stuff is awesome. I know they are in the process of doing a Focus ST build right now and I'm excited to see what they come up with.

Oh and we'll need a sound clip.

👍 Nice, Cobb's stuff is awesome. I know they are in the process of doing a Focus ST build right now and I'm excited to see what they come up with.

Oh and we'll need a sound clip.

Of course! Will do the standard, put phone on ground, run the car, start it up, and rev.

I really wanted the Cobb exhaust but it's no longer in production. The Magnaflow had the closest tone to the Cobb exhaust that I liked, deep and throaty.

Submerged
So, why did the lady sell it after dropping it? She decided that she needed something different?

She got a job offer out of state and couldnt bring it with her. She decided it wasnt worth it to fix it so i got it pretty cheap :P

I gave up on Linkin Park a while ago. They're old stuff is great. All the new stuff is Meh.

I agree.

I gave up buying music a long time ago now that the internet has everything for free. China's biggest site (Baidu) has an MP3 section where I can listen to a song or whole album without any charge and they have just about everything one can imagine. Every album I used to own I now have bookmarked, and then some.

xm7omo.ATH

Unfortunately I haven't opened them yet (so I haven't gotten the chance to enjoy them and review them comprhensively at HeadFi as I plan to).
Auditioned them plenty, mainly bought them because they were limited edition. I like the sound signature a lot though. Although I'd say based purely on sound the Shure SRH840 appealed more, but... irrelevant.

On the other hand though I'm thinking of selling them at collectors' price to fund a pair of V-MODA M100s...
...Opening them would mean I get to enjoy them, but then that would affect their resale value!
... Want to open them tomorrow when there's some nice photographic lighting, though.

xm7omo.ATH

Unfortunately I haven't opened them yet (so I haven't gotten the chance to enjoy them and review them comprhensively at HeadFi as I plan to).
Auditioned them plenty, mainly bought them because they were limited edition. I like the sound signature a lot though. Although I'd say based purely on sound the Shure SRH840 appealed more, but... irrelevant.

On the other hand though I'm thinking of selling them at collectors' price to fund a pair of V-MODA M100s...
...Opening them would mean I get to enjoy them, but then that would affect their resale value!
... Want to open them tomorrow when there's some nice photographic lighting, though.

Any difference in sound between these and the standard M50's?

Any difference in sound between these and the standard M50's?
I can't be absolutely certain since I don't own the original M50, or the later 'white boxes', but I did listen to a friend's white box a few months ago (which is a bit too long to remember their exact signature). I liked it pretty much back then, but I liked the M50s/LE at the store a lot too. At the moment, listening to it. It's definitely a little colored and V-shaped, but it's got a very lush sound signature that's definitely pleasant and sparkly bright. Liking them plenty.
Apparently online opinions on the M50s/LE vs the M50 is varied, some say they definitely sound oodles better, others argue that they are the same, while the store told me that they think it's got a wider sound stage.

Bass-wise these seem to be more punchy than I recall, but they do go 'boom' with a song that demands it. But this is good, since I prefer a short hard punch than a lingering boom.
The midrange isn't as recessed as I was expecting from the reviews, in fact I think the upper mid range is a bit strong for me. The lower mid range is, a little, yes. Hi-hats are just beautiful to the ears with these, though. Anything in the upper highs is.

xfz4w6.ath

6sdt7c.ath

wmbc6e.ath

Mainly though, they're absolutely gorgeous with the anniversary color scheme, whilst looking very professional yet stylish at the same time.

Also, anniversary thank-you card, heh.
30triut.ath

Ordered t-shirts yesterday. Same color as the images.

fig,navy,mens,ffffff.jpg

fig,red,mens,ffffff.jpg

fig,royal_blue,mens,ffffff.jpg

fig,forest,mens,ffffff.jpg

And then these button shirts.

J. Ferrar® Woven Western Shirt:
0900631b81da5750M

Ocean Current® Woven Short-Sleeve Shirt 2x(this in black stripe and true black dobby color):
0900631b81dfef7bM.tif

Did not like shopping on jcpenny. There is no way to truly know that the size will fit since all brands are different.

nick09
Ordered t-shirts yesterday. Same color as the images.

And then these button shirts.

J. Ferrar® Woven Western Shirt:

Ocean Current® Woven Short-Sleeve Shirt 2x(this in black stripe and true black dobby color):

Did not like shopping on jcpenny. There is no way to truly know that the size will fit since all brands are different.

Those graphic tees are epic! Where did you order them from?

The beauty of being a home owner. When it rains it pours. It has been an insane lately. Working 60+ hours a week, 6 days a week along with house improvements and problems. Here are some of the items I have purchased recently.

Nike Air max torch IV Most comfortable shoes I have ever purchased.
41L7CMY3ApL._AA300_.jpg

Water heater Yup our 20 year old water heater went out then found out almost all my steel lines are plugged with rust.
GE-40-Gallon-FVIR-Natural-Gas-Short-Water-6YR-36000-BTU.jpg

PVC Piping. In the process of replacing ALL the old galvanized metal piping with PVC piping. The old stuff was rusted to the point of very little water flow.

Bathroom Faucet This broke after replacing some of the lines.
handyman-orange-park.jpg

Landscaping Stepping stones (not my actual stones)
Weatherdale%20Stepping%20Stones.jpg

Peppermint Hibiscus
DETA-1039.jpg

Some other hibiscus
hibiscus.jpg

A variety of Snap Dragons
SnapDragon_4d8750b5060d4.jpg

Soffit vents Found out I dont have enough attic ventilation.
8SVwhite.JPG

Blown in insulation for the walls.
I dont have a picture but I am having someone do this to help insulate the walls from the hot and cold weather. They remove the vinyl siding and blow it in from the outside. My house is VERY old and has no wall insulation. So after this, everything will be insulated. The walls, the attic, and the floor.

Chocolate Supreme Casein I LOVE this stuff with milk right before bed!! Tastes like a milkshake. Delicious!!
41kFVIVTYrL.jpg

Last edited:
For the PS3. It was 10% off + free shipping. Total came to just over $125.

Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD10JPVT 1TB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive

ps3hdd1tb.jpg

Solid Lifters
For the PS3. It was 10% off + free shipping. Total came to just over $125.

Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD10JPVT 1TB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Do you really use all of the 320GB on your PS3?

Back