Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,680 comments
Just got a new phone today. Galaxy Nexus 4g with Android 4.0, so far I'm loving it.
galaxy-nexus-product-image-1.jpg
Man, enjoy it. Apple just got it banned in the United States. On rather ridiculous grounds, even.
Mind you, Apple's a company that's managed to get a patent it filed last week for the shape of notebooks granted to it.
(now every other company that's been making notebooks in "wedge" or "teardrop" shapes is probably going to get it - a lot of notebooks now have a tapered-to-a-point style)

Yes, it does looks like the standard 15 inch at a glance :). I was quite surprise when I try to feel the weight difference between these two and the MBP feels lighter than the acer.
It's likely because your Acer isn't very light to begin with (looking at that model, it's probably about two kilograms), while the Retinabook is much wider and thinner, resulting in a better spread of the weight across the chassis as a whole, contributing to a superficially perceptive sense of low-weight. It's just the same how the latest smartphones feel lightweight, when some are heavier than ever before.
Man though, the Retinabook's the first MacBook I thought seems worth its money.

Man, enjoy it. Apple just got it banned in the United States. On rather ridiculous grounds, even.
Mind you, Apple's a company that's managed to get a patent it filed last week for the shape of notebooks granted to it.
(now every other company that's been making notebooks in "wedge" or "teardrop" shapes is probably going to get it - a lot of notebooks now have a tapered-to-a-point style)

Have never liked Apple, never will.

OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-6400C4

PER.555292.jpg

Order Site: Ebay - Price: £71.00

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2GB

Gigabyte-GeForce-GTX-670-WindForce-3X-Graphics-Card.jpg

Order Site: Overclockers UK - Price: £350.75

I don't have a picture but I got a Lamborghini T in white, XXL. Plain on the the from apart from the words Automobili Lambourghini and the back has a large print of the makers badge. £15 bargain.

Apparently that ban was temporarily lifted. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 has still been halted but the Nexus and the SIII are fair game for now which probably works much more in Samsung's favour anyway.

Last edited:
That's good stuff. I use the wet version (green label) but it does the same job. Much better than your average part lube. 👍

Gonna start using this type of lube on the chain, previously been using GT85 (Spray) and been a bit clumsy, eventually got some on the disk brake :dopey:

Spray lubes are really no substitute. Years ago I used to coat the chain in WD40 and hope for the best which left it sticky and a filth magnet.

This Teflon stuff is much better as it doesn't get sticky. Remember to wipe the chain down after greasing it to get off most of the lube.

Congrats on the new car Daan, though it seems to a massive overbite.

at least now you don't have to buy the same amount of oil as fuel :lol:

I haven't decided yet, but I'll need a new title as well.

Over Seven Thousaaaaaaaand! doesn't work quite as well.

That sounds like a full makeover...Gok Wan or Nicky Hambleton-Jones?

7521402638_249ebf53bf.jpg

2 Seasons had a closing down sale so lots of good bargins on the shirts and belt. T.K.maxx is always good value so got some t's and shoes. All ready for my trip to 'Merica now :D

You will fit right in.

In every trendy part of every city he goes to.

Heading out to pick up a few standard weight plates. Will bring the total up to ~300lbs. Will need more down the road, hopefully.

Sort of a strange one, but bear with me:

19830110100859375891110.jpg

That little tag? It's a pair of pants I've been hunting down for a few years from a designer I've always enjoyed. The girlfriend tipped me off to them showing up on eBay, so I snapped them up. Them being some of the most comfortable casual pants I've ever had the pleasure of wearing is an added bonus.

Also snagged a Dries Van Noten long sleeve button-down for a very good price as a birthday gift for myself.

Oh, and this, since there's a massive amount of good info in it:

HowToBeAG.jpg

Funny you mention that book, because I was doing some amateur graphic design work on here (see my thread). At one point I just couldn't stand it any more so I abruptly stopped, even my work in progress. I had no desire to finish any of it. I guess that's what they mean by "Losing your soul." :lol:

I just bought a new point-and-shoot camera since my old one is now 6 years old, and has seen its fair share of abuse and use.

Canon Powershot SX260 HS
339303-canon-powershot-sx260-hs.jpg

Back