Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,625 comments
Just bought this awesome offer : MAX PAYNE 3 Ultimate Edition from US PSN Store for less than $15 - includes all DLC with Rockstar Pass:)

Total download size : Full game 14GB + DLC 2GB.

max-payne-3-sale.jpg

mp3sale.png

Looks like Rockstar is celebrating the imminent huge release of GTA V :) Another definite buy for me.

Can't wait to shoot people like a boss !!! I still have Stranglehold and to this day I often played it - getting loads of enjoyment even after finishing it for countless times.

After calling about a dozen places, I finally found a place that had one without having to order one for me. Picked it up today and waiting for Big Booger to get home so we can assemble this bad boy! Got the tools ready to go, as you can see. :) 👍

Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker 22.5"

l2L1auV.jpg

7Uicutp.jpg

UcZLpBA.jpg

Oddly enough, we're having ribs for dinner, but not smoked. Slow cooker this time. LOL

You'll love it. My dad has a Weber charcoal grill with a similar looking smoker attatchment, thing is amazing. Low and slow baby ;)

You'll love it. My dad has a Weber charcoal grill with a similar looking smoker attatchment, thing is amazing. Low and slow baby ;)

Yeah, I know. I have a Weber grill that I've been using for the past two years, but it's not a great smoker. However, I was able to smoke a lot of great things with it. Ribs, however, wasn't one of them. It was far too hot for them.

Now, I can do it right. Low and slow! 👍

Traded my Vita for an Xbox Slim 4G, 11 games that we found out didn't work in the 360 while meeting (a CraigsList deal) and $50. Sights set for Forza 4 now! No plans for Gold...after all my naysaying I'm not going to do that :lol:

EDIT: Picked up Halo 4 and F4rza

Last edited:
9194640150_02cdff0bfb_n.jpg

It won't be here for another month, though. :grumpy:

You'll have to tell me how it is, and whether it covers in any significant detail the US market vehicles.

Just got now TV for PS3, and the free 90 day PS+ that came with it!! :-)

Needless to say I will be posting in the what you playing now thread with all the freebies that PS+ brings!!

thumb.php

Picked up one of these! I was iffy about actually getting it but one of my favorite designs; the American flag doesn't hurt either.

You can make a decent smoker out of a metal garbage can, obviously won't be at that level but they still do OK.

You can make a decent smoker out of a metal garbage can, obviously won't be at that level but they still do OK.

I smoked kielbasa on my gas grill last weekend, but a proper smoker makes it much easier to get it right. And expecting the average American to hack up a smoking system is a tall order. I mention smoking on a gas grill and I get all kinds of questions about how. No one has ever heard of a smoker box or the concept of aluminum foil.

It's something you have to educate yourself about. For a long time we were a mashed potatoes and boxed chicken fingers family, but my dad basically just decided one day to learn to cook. For me it was learning from him and working in a restaurant, I think actually cooking real food seems like witchcraft to a lot of people.

I think part of the struggle is it's hard to just start cooking without a base of skills. If you start cooking and you don't know how to hold a knife properly, it takes a while to pick up that skill. Once you get a decent skillset to work around though, it's a lot easier to learn new things.

There's also the part where people like their well done steak covered in HP sauce and I'll be damned if I eat that fancy ass Gordon Ramsay food.

Last edited:
It's something you have to educate yourself about. For a long time we were a mashed potatoes and boxed chicken fingers family, but my dad basically just decided one day to learn to cook. For me it was learning from him and working in a restaurant, I think actually cooking real food seems like witchcraft to a lot of people.

I think part of the struggle is it's hard to just start cooking without a base of skills. If you start cooking and you don't know how to hold a knife properly, it takes a while to pick up that skill. Once you get a decent skillset to work around though, it's a lot easier to learn new things.
Were the potatoes instant or homemade?

To make it worse, there is a degree of chemistry and physics involved. If you can't learn how things interact you will screw up new stuff. You try to tell someone why they are screwing up and they ignore you. The moment I mention acidity or maillard I'm considered a boring nerd.

I have actually drawn out a design for a wood-burning brick oven with attached charcoal and gas grills. It has a way to seal off the wood coals to preserve them for the charcoal grill, or to vent it to the grills for smoking. It will be big and far more expensive than I can justify, but it is my ideal setup.

In the meantime, I would love a small smoker. I'm tempted to test a cheap model, but that's just asking to get burned. I'll have to see what kind of home contraption I can come up with.

FoolKiller
Were the potatoes instant or homemade?
They were home made :P

I'm making it out to be worse than it was, it's just the food we made was very simple and often involved frozen fries or chicken fingers and the like.

FoolKiller
To make it worse, there is a degree of chemistry and physics involved. If you can't learn how things interact you will screw up new stuff. You try to tell someone why they are screwing up and they ignore you. The moment I mention acidity or maillard I'm considered a boring nerd.
Yeah I know what you mean. Even trying to explain simple concepts like why fish tastes better with lemon juice is like discussing advanced particle physics.

FoolKiller
In the meantime, I would love a small smoker. I'm tempted to test a cheap model, but that's just asking to get burned. I'll have to see what kind of home contraption I can come up with.
I'm just going to reiterate the garbage can smoker. They work surprisingly well and a plain garbage can is about as cheap as you get. I'm sure there's probably a forum out there dedicated to home built smokers :lol:

Guess there should be a general cooking thread too, as the what have you eaten and a multitude of Infield threads get hijacked by food and cooking talk.

61OQNN8uh2L._SL1500_.jpg

Western Digital My Book - 3TB - USB 3.0

I've had a My Book 1TB for the last 6 years or more and it hasn't skipped a beat. So as I was running out of space I decided to stick with what I know and get another but larger. Once I move home and I have the space for a dedicated sever and storage then I'll chnage so this should put me on for the next few years.

Well flywheel was starting to squeak so decided to move up upgrade so bought an expensive kit

Exedy carbon clutch kit + Ultralight Flywheel and counter weight

exedy_hyper_carbon_series.jpg

Wait. You guys across the pond call that pinkish component a "counter weight"?

But that's the pressure plate.

$500. That is why there is a tragedy of improperly cooked foods in this country. You have to be dedicated to do it right.

Yep. Didn't pay the full price, actually. It was $402.99 or just under $440 with tax.

It would have been a few bucks cheaper to buy it online (no tax, plus free shipping) but I would run the risk of it getting banged up during shipping. It could warp the the main mid section of the smoker and cause all sorts of problems. So, I picked one up locally and made sure the box wasn't showing any signs of shipping trama.

I smoked kielbasa on my gas grill last weekend, but a proper smoker makes it much easier to get it right. And expecting the average American to hack up a smoking system is a tall order. I mention smoking on a gas grill and I get all kinds of questions about how. No one has ever heard of a smoker box or the concept of aluminum foil.

It's possible, but not ideal. Smoking needs chunks of smoking wood and not chips. Chips burn too quickly and don't give a strong smokey flavor. But, it is possible. It's better than nothing.

You can use an unglazed terracotta flower pot and a electric hot plate with a aluminum cake pan with wood chunks. Jusy buy two flower pots and use one for the lid. Buy a spare Weber grill grate and use that. Some have even made them from metal trash cans or small drums. You can even use old ammo crates from the Army/Navy store in town. One guy used an old school locker and another used an old oven to make a smoker. It doesn't have to be fancy.

If you have a regular round 'Weber type' kettle grill, you can turn it into a smoker. I've done that for the past two years before buying the WSM. It wouldn't do low and slow, and was way too small, but it got the job done.

If you do have one of these types of grills, buy this... The IQ110 Kit http://store.pitmasteriq.com/iq110sa.html You could always use it for whatever other smoker/BBQ you buy in the future.

Friend gave me his old computer sometime from 2005 and a boxful of games and software! He quit playing video games a while ago due to how addicted he was. Since he is moving out of state tomorrow he gave me this stuff. I plan on setting it up for a another friend and then sell some games online, keep, or give away.

Just got a Samsung Galaxy 4 mini delivered :). Here it is against its bigger brother. The full size one is too big and too expensive for what I want. I got a black one though
samsung-galaxy-s4-mini1.jpg

Back