Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,624 comments
Came out in the UK today. Nipped into my local Lego store and picked it up. I love the booklet (instructions too) that it comes with. Very nice.

Decided to replace my old square LG monitor. Got a decent 10 years out of it, but just wanted something a bit bigger.

After many decision changes, decided on this one.

Benq G2450HM 24 inch Widescreen
F7C9RdS.png

Recently bought one of these:
57136B2.jpg

Although it doesn't go with my Roccat Isku keyboard :yuck: . Shouldn't have got copper; should have got iron/black instead.

Bought some Nature Valley bars:

0001600016893_500X500.jpg

And I'm about to buy some more because these things are delicious. I've already scoffed down three of them today and I'm supposed to eat them for breakfast only. :lol:

I haven't had the cashew ones yet but I love the almond and peanut versions. From Costco so I can eat more. :dopey:

TB
I haven't had the cashew ones yet but I love the almond and peanut versions. From Costco so I can eat more. :dopey:

I haven't tried almond yet but I've tried the peanut one as well, and I think I like cashew more.

And Dion, dat receiver... so many inputs. :drool:

Bought some Nature Valley bars:

And I'm about to buy some more because these things are delicious. I've already scoffed down three of them today and I'm supposed to eat them for breakfast only. :lol:

+1...I guess they're mod food. I buy them just about every week as food to stash away when I don't get a proper lunch.

Cheers 👍

I know the new Denon X3000 is almost due for release but I was able to pickup the 2313 for a brilliant price knowing this and I would not use the dual HDMI out feature anyway :D.

+1...I guess they're mod food. I buy them just about every week as food to stash away when I don't get a proper lunch.

I just snagged a 6-pack off of Amazon.

And now I can actually afford to scoff down another. :lol:

Hmm. Haven't posted this stuff.

Got this for about $2.50 at Gamestop. I popped the disc in and got teary nostalgia from the 2006/2007 vibes.

200full.jpg

I got this at Gamespot for about $10. I don't even know how to play fighting games, but my brother wanted it.
street-fighter-iv-xbox-360.jpg

And I had to get a replacement controller for my 360. The one I got isn't that white on white color scheme though.
3max.jpg

I'm not getting the new console this year so I think I may as well settle down with all of the hype and stick with my 360... I would be buying PS games but the damn thing bricked on that ****ing update. R.I.P fat.

Nice one Dion, receiver looks like a slightly newer version than mine.
Should serve you well. 👍

Anyway as some here would know I've been doing a bit of bike riding recently. While my current bike is fine it is slightly big for me and my back sometimes aches after being in the saddle for a couple of hours.

Enter this.
Specialized Allez Comp E5.
Frameset only, to replace my frame. Picked it up off fleabay for a steal, not a mark on it.

2011-specialized-allez-comp-2939_1.jpg

Crankset.
Shimano 105 to suit my other parts.

50-7940-BLK-TOP.jpg

Brake and shifter cable kit.
Jagwire Racer Pro, heard good reviews about it so I'll see how it goes.

4f5a5c6dad9f7.jpg

Cinelli cork gel handlebar tape.

11562.jpg

Picked up the frame yesterday now I just need to wait until the other parts arrive probably next week to then strip my bike down and swap over the parts.
I have a buyer lined up for my current frame and cranks meaning all up I'm going to be out of pocket for around $150. :D

Score!

Nice pickup Shaun plus it's even sweeter that you have lined up someone to take your current bike.

Pics expected once all the kit has arrived ;)

Bought The Last of Us and, Game Of Thrones seasons 1,2 and 3 on Saturday.

Completed The Last of Us last night, and also Season 1 of GoT is done. This week of annual leave is very productive, although my house is getting increasingly dusty.

I should clean.

First thing you need to buy is a new front end!

Unless bugeye headlights are your thing, then... :sly:

EDIT: Package arrived!

I always loved the cyberpunk genre. :D

Last edited:
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, found it at the thrift store and amazingly enough, it was for Mac!
Disc scratched though :(

Also got Middle of Nowhere by Hanson. For MMMbop :dopey:

Hmm. Haven't posted this stuff.

Got this for about $2.50 at Gamestop. I popped the disc in and got teary nostalgia from the 2006/2007 vibes.

200full.jpg
Crackdown is such an amazing, underrated, and very innovative game. The true inspiration of "co-op sandbox" games. 👍

I went to Gamestop and traded in Defiance and a few other games since Gamestop has 50% trade in bonus.

Then paid GTA5 off.
201562brp3.jpg

And pre-ordered Destiny.
201622brp.jpg

Nice 👍 So is the Civic gone?

Nope Civics still here, just going to hold out for good money to sell.. Im not in a rush.
Not a fan of the round headlight version but the newer model comes in red which I wanted and also a/c and abs which I need!!

This is me right now.

dance_animated_gif_1.gif

So, my most recent purchase.

1.jpg

x1

1.jpg

x1

NIKONVFB10702.jpg

x2

NIKONJAD50301.jpg

x1

The last item is obviously the most important one...I lost one of my lens caps recently. :P

I'm still angry at the price difference tho. I paid around 200€ more than I'd have to pay in the US...it's insane. Often prices aren't converted but it's merely a question of changing the currency symbol from $ to € or even £. Some lenses are even a lot more expensive than in the US - i.e. 400$ vs. 500€.

Back