Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,618 comments
I didn't want to compromise too much on the layout, so many compacts in one form or the other. It will be mostly typing with some gaming, which is why I ended up going for the blue switches. Not really a fan of red backlights and this one is perfect. Nice weight to the keyboard too.

I found on a few American sites that you can buy sample mini-keyboards with all the different switch types, it's annoying that you can't find the same in the UK.

^^^ looks super comfy

That's what I was thinking.

Velour pads smell after a while though. Hope they're changeable.

They are pretty comfortable, except they are warm. I can definitely feel the side of my head that the cans cover being a bit warmer. It is not a huge issue, just when I am not using the headphones, I slide them up my head and let my ears breathe.

71kc7pHWkKL._SL1024_.jpg

Qpad MK-80, Blue switches. My first mechanical keyboard. Am liking it so far.

Though UK layout, rather than whatever that layout is above.

Good purchase! 👍 I bought a mechanical a few months ago and I am now completely sold on mechanical keyboards. I want one for work also, but do not really want to cough up the money for another. :lol:

They are pretty comfortable, except they are warm. I can definitely feel the side of my head that the cans cover being a bit warmer. It is not a huge issue, just when I am not using the headphones, I slide them up my head and let my ears breathe.

If you have trouble with sweat etc. try doing a sock mod on the ear pads, it's easy and doesn't ruin your headphones, it will also make your ear pads last longer. Google it. I've done it on my Shure pair.

FoolKiller
Public Service Announcement.

So just a sticker. I was afraid that was the boot up screen or something.

Still, never had it on three iPhones from ATT.

Oh ok, yeah I had figured that.

Yeah, I have seen it on every smart phone I have bought that wasn't a iPhone.

Maybe the reason why the iPhones do not have it is because of some Apple policy.

Last two Samsung phones I have bought even had the Sim card in the phone already. So probably AT&T isn't allowed to open the box. I have no clue though.

But yeah it is just a screen protector with that written on it.

Just received my Arsenal F.C Pre-Match away top for when I play football, as I really needed one. £31 from sportsdirect.com.

(Please forgive my photography skills) (The stripes in this picture look white, but they are actually yellow)

DSC_00271.jpg

DSC_00291.jpg

DSC_00301.jpg

Last edited:
I got a call from the local game shop to ask if I wanted to upgrade my PS4 pre-order. The guy on the phone said because I had an early pre-order I got first pick on the Killzone mega bundle. I get Killzone, the camera and and extra control for $439 saving about £75 the guy said.

Killzone-Shadow-Fall-PS4-bundle.jpg

A couple of things:

Civ 5, with the Gods and Kings Expansion
250px-Gods%26KingsBoxArt.jpg

Mountain Equipment Alpine Gaiters:
01_alpine%20gaiter_M.jpg

Civ 5 is dangerously addictive so far :lol:

I got a pair of boots from the same brand too. Looks nice!

Thanks, I'm really liking them so far although they're definitely quite painful! Driving in them was quite weird too, I've been wearing thin soled shoes all summer so it's quite a change.

Just bought a 7970 Matrix since they were on offer and my trusty 5770 needs replacing as I'll be upgrading my screen to a 27" soon:

yKxAMmd.jpg

I can't wait to install it and play Cookie Clicker at max settings. :dopey:

Thanks, I'm really liking them so far although they're definitely quite painful! Driving in them was quite weird too, I've been wearing thin soled shoes all summer so it's quite a change.

I've personally found that if it seems painful then try on a larger size. It may be that it's crushing your foot as the thickness room inside increases with size. I had to scale from a 10 to a 12! For the rest expect it to take anywhere from a 1-3 weeks for the sole to break in. Once it breaks in it should meld quite nicely to your feet. I personally love the rubber they have. Good grip and feels like I'm walking on clouds. I got back from a car show today and I felt nothing from walking an hour and a half recording a video of the cars. I also walked a trail a while ago in them for a hour and my feet felt hurt but not very bad.

Tri-O-Plex Chocolate Chip Cookies 12 pack - $23.99:
Chef-Jays-Tri-O-Plex-Cookies-Chocolate-Chip-678991334567.jpg

Gotta restock since I'll eat the last of my box of cookies by Friday. Plus I want to try the regular chocolate chip version.

16TB. Seagate NAS. Media servers running, backups running, looks like all is well.

e3672230bb5dd4c5e0f154c8cd7dc5ca_zpscac62030.jpg

My second pair Brooks Pureflow 2's for running. Extremely comfortable long runs but light enough for short distance and speed work.

R9vqhzo.jpg

I like my blue Dunham Camdens (above) so much that I got a pair in tan (below, left) and a pair of Chaces in blue (below, mid). Sadly, nobody carries the Clay (right) at less than full retail. Soon as I can get another amazon deal, I'm probably going to buy the rest of their remaining Camdens.

LdLLR18.jpg

I wish their stupid RevLite series (that replaced the shoes built on the above outsoles) came in my size. All the shoe companies now are making shoes that are either wide or long, but not both. Everything else is for diabetics and looks and feels absolutely awful.

kata_k206_olive.jpg

New pair of glasses after I've been rocking my current pair for 4-5 years.

How is the Phone? Was looking at getting the same one.

So, positives; price to performance is amazing, no lag for anything - all apps menus etc run silky smooth. Expandable memory is awesome, internet is fast, it's even worth getting this phone for Nokia's full offline navigational suite (it works really well). Screen is actually very nice, extremely sensitive (you can use gloves or just about anything to use it). Battery life is great. And WP8 is very good at managing FB/Skype/SMS contacts in one menu.

Negatives, the biggest problem for me is, no equalizer, music sounds a bit flat compared to my iPod. (I've sent Nokia 4 complaint letters already, as I am truly ticked off - all other WP8 phones have equalizers except this one). The phone also lacks separate volume control from Music library to ringer. Another thing is that the physical "Search" button is hard wired to bing, I as a Google user have to open IE or another browser to get to Google, just annoying as it's such a big button that I never use (personal thing).

Mind you I would have bought a 720 if I wasn't in North America. But so far I'm really enjoying it.

Back